• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Stoudemire better than Garnett?

cyman3

Like I posted last week, stoudemire is going to be a monster...

I can't say that it is fresh in my mind how good garnett was his rookie year (the twolves are not a team I've ever cared about), but the first time I saw stoudemire I was stunned at how big (nba body wise) that he was... unbelievable conditioning and strength and he also seems to be poised as [censored] for a 19 year old...

I thought that antonio mcdyess was a good comparison in the article...

• Premium Member

Mainly because of attitude.

Stoudamire is Humble and he wants to learn everything he can about the sport and he wants to be the best ever. I remember him saying that.

KG is a great player... But it always seems like there is a ceiling to his expectation. Even now, he has a commercial out and he justifies himself by saying... 20/12/6. or something like that. Those are good numbers... But what about Rings. What about wanting to be the BEST. Until KG gets to that point where he wants to be THE BEST Ever, he will never be as dominant as he can be. NOW Stoudamire already has that focus. He came in knowing that he had a lot to do to reach his goal, but his goal was to be the best ever. I've read reports that he watches film, talk to coaches and gets the most out of every opportunity. If he keeps that up, he will definitely be a monster.

"It's not even close. He doesn't even compare to Amare. Two different people. It's like Michael Jordan and Mario Elie." -- Stephon Marbury, comparing Amare Stoudamire to Kevin Garnett.

"Not to take anything away from Kevin. Kevin was a great talent coming out of high school. But this kid is like a kid you see every 15, 20 years." -- Steph, same song, different verse.

"I know Kevin wants to guard the best player, but tonight it seemed a little like he was fading away," -- Steph, still.

"Son is good. We didn't underestimate him. But this ain't even about the young fella. This is about Steph being jealous again. From Day 1." -- Garnett, after hearing Steph's comments.

"He's got three kids, a wife, a family, bills, all sorts of things. But I'm still on his mind, like a girl," -- Garnett, on Steph.

"It doesn't matter how old he is. He's a true stud." -- Kendall Gill, on Amare. Run, Amare.

Good stuff. And, that being said, I think Amare may be better than Garnett, but I know he will have more success as part of a team. Garnett still seems to selfish to carry the Wolves anywhere. A change of scenery would do him good...

Garnett seems to selfish to carry the team? First off, that statement makes absolutely no sense. Secondly, isn't this the same Garnett that everyone lambasted last year for not being selfish enough?

honestly man.

amare's been having a great year - but his offense and passing skills are not up to par with the current Garnett...and he's getting a LOT more pt than Garnett did his rookie year.

regardless, amare's got a better pf body and build than Garnett...time will tell I suppose.

• Premium Member

The Kid was Big when he came out. NOT Bulky... But just plan Tall and athletic.

I think that right now, Stoudamire is better than KG was... However, Stoudamire has more developing to do.

Still. It will be interesting to see the next matchup of Phoenix vs. Minn. That could actually be a playoff matchup. It might be Marberry playing mind games.