• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can anyone say Big Dog is good?

Playmaker0017

• Premium Member

I have never claimed that Big Dog was a playmaker.

However, what you tend to judge him on... TOs and FG% are sitting at career lows for him right now.

That suggests that it's got something to do with our system and not that he's a turnover magnet.

I've written thesis on the miscoaching of this team. I have a feeling that Stotts will do somethings better than Lon did. Namely define roles. Still... I think it's not an overnight process and once the roles are defined... If we can have an offense that works like San Antonios... We'd be much better. A requirement is that we get better PG play.. however, I don't believe that Grob is the main problem... He's a tool. If you use him right, he's very effective. If you use him wrong, you don't get what you want. He's like a crescent wrench... Used right, it's very effective.. However I wouldn't use it to hammer stuff.

• Admin

It's not about just saying "bigdog sucks, he has to go". We have to look at what is going to make us the most successful. Given the choice between the two, I would take bigdog. Because with bigdog you are getting someone that knows how to do what he is expected to do, SCORE! JT is learning as he goes and not learning it quickly enough. It's impossible to say if he'd ever grasp what this team needs.

I think you are in JT denial. You say we know what we get?? I don't know whether to agree or laugh. Because yes, we know what we get. We get a guy who can score and get assists but can't run an offense or be a playmaker. Is that what we need? Him being a great guy and great personality aside, is that what we really need?

As someone else said. It's easier to get someone with real PG skills than it is to get some hybrid SG/SF that can run an offense.