• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Introducing "Joe Cool"

Swatguy

• Moderators

They are really trying to get that 'cool' nickname to stick. I think its a great point that this year its clear where the offense runs. This is Joe's team. We haven't had that in a while. It took them one horrible game to realize they weren't playing the way they should. Last year it would have taken 10.

Quote:

They are really trying to get that 'cool' nickname to stick. I think its a great point that this year its clear where the offense runs. This is Joe's team. We haven't had that in a while. It took them one horrible game to realize they weren't playing the way they should. Last year it would have taken 10.

that "cool" nickname starts getting on my nerves about half way through the article.

Quote:

that "cool" nickname starts getting on my nerves about half way through the article.

Yeah, we have enough guys with nicknames like that, Smoove, Chillz, Marvelous, etc. I like him having a simple nickname like J.J. He is the rock for the team, and he doesn't need a nickname to be flashy and get attention, he lets his game get him attention.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, we have enough guys with nicknames like that, Smoove, Chillz, Marvelous, etc. I like him having a simple nickname like J.J. He is the rock for the team, and he doesn't need a nickname to be flashy and get attention, he lets his game get him attention.

Well he is Cool. besides, I never understood the Smoove thing.

Chillz is and Joe is Cool.

Quote:

Quote:

I prefer "Jojo."

Quote:

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the nickname used in the team's intro vid. I'm not to thrilled either... Joe Johnson linked to a debunked cig character. That just seems wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the nickname used in the team's intro vid. I'm not to thrilled either... Joe Johnson linked to a debunked cig character. That just seems wrong.

i believe joe cool originally came from a nickname of snoopy (wearing sunglasses) from the peanuts cartoon, not from camel cigarettes. neither of whom are exactly ideal associations you want to make with such an athlete, though.