• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

official Cleveland/Atlanta thread

gsuteke

Atlanta (2-1) is coming off a big home win against Orlando while the Cavs (2-1) lost on Sunday to the Bobcats 92-88.

The Bobcats won the game by holding Lebron to 16 points and the Cavs overall to 38% shooting. they did all that and still only won by 4.

Cleveland is 1-0 at home this season while Atlanta is 0-1 on the road after a subpar showing opening night in Philadelphia. Both teams are looking to say atop the standings in the Eastern conference.

The key to an Atlanta win is simple. Joe Johnson must shoot at a 45% or higher clip. The Hawks must also continue to progress on defense, as of tonight they lead are tied with Chicago for the least points allowed in the league.

Home court will be key in this matchup. Atlanta must come out early shooting a high percentage to avoid an early hole. If the Hawks can keep this game within 5 entering the 4th quarter they have the fire power to come out on top in the 4th.

Cleveland is favored in this game by 9 1/2. My prediction Cleveland covers, Cavs 103 Hawks 90.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our average allowed is 87ppg

u think they will get 16 more points than our opps' average?

their ppg so far is 91

u think they will get 12 more points than their average even tho we have the best defense thus far?

i know we don't really have the best defense and we are on the road, but u are really thinking they will do well tonite

Quote:

our average allowed is 87ppg

u think they will get 16 more points than our opps' average?

their ppg so far is 91

u think they will get 12 more points than their average even tho we have the best defense thus far?

i know we don't really have the best defense and we are on the road, but u are really thinking they will do well tonite

I will be here until 9 tonight listening to the game on League Pass rooting as hard as anyone for our Hawks my corndog eating friend.

But yes, I do think if they get the "road calls" as they did in Philly going against them we will have some post players in foul trouble early.

i think Cleveland may take a commanding lead in the 3rd which will lead to junk time on both ends, thus the score.

This could be a VERY close game or a breakout game for Lebron.

Keys to it being very close:

Both team's Points Score and Points Allowed are around 1 point apart.

Zaza and Smoove staying out of foul trouble.

Speedy and Lue getting into the paint.

Lebron is coming off a poor showing against Charlotte, he's going to be looking for a big game. Everyone should know that he is going to get his against Smoove, but Joe is also going to get his against ANY of the Cavs' guards. We may actually see more Childress (possibly even Joe) on Lebron and Smoove playing Gooden.

I'm hoping and praying that we win tonight, but it's going to be tough. My preditions (see sig) are on track and this is one that...

Quote:

Atlanta (2-1) is coming off a big home win against Orlando while the Cavs (2-1) lost on Sunday to the Bobcats 92-88.

The Bobcats won the game by holding Lebron to 16 points and the Cavs overall to 38% shooting. they did all that and still only won by 4.

Cleveland is 1-0 at home this season while Atlanta is 0-1 on the road after a subpar showing opening night in Philadelphia. Both teams are looking to say atop the standings in the Eastern conference.

The key to an Atlanta win is simple. Joe Johnson must shoot at a 45% or higher clip. The Hawks must also continue to progress on defense, as of tonight they lead are tied with Chicago for the least points allowed in the league.

Home court will be key in this matchup. Atlanta must come out early shooting a high percentage to avoid an early hole. If the Hawks can keep this game within 5 entering the 4th quarter they have the fire power to come out on top in the 4th.

Cleveland is favored in this game by 9 1/2. My prediction Cleveland covers, Cavs 103 Hawks 90.

Anyone going to be in the chatroom?

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone going to be in the chatroom?

something is screwy with my computer at work. it won't let me join the chatroom. says it has a socket failure.

this is my chatroom unfortunately