• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's obvious Lue is better than Speedy

Jackets333

If they keep winning who cares? The competition is keeping Lue sharp. But I wonder what's wrong with Speedy, it's not his hand - looks like he's having other problems. Until Speedy is back at 100%, we are vulnerable at PG when T.Lue goes out.

Go Hawks!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best things about having Speedy is that he lets Lue play the role he's comfortable in as a backup. Lue doesn't want to be the starter, he wants to come off the bench.

Ivey was our "starter" last year, when clearly it was just a gimmick to make Lue more comfortable as our #1 PG. What a crazy situation when you think about it.

We've invested a lot in Speedy, but thank goodness our backup is about as good as backups go in the NBA, and that our 2 guard can distribute so well.

My hope is that one day either Bozeman or Childress (huge stretch) becomes our PG as Speedy and Lue slide into retirement. If neither of those guys are the long term answer, we gotta get a good one soon.

If Speedy can't prove to be reliable, he'll be a tough contract to deal with. But so far, we're winning, so I'm liking the rotation.

Do you all think Bozeman can become a legit PG one day in this league?

• Moderators

Quote:

Lue is perfect for his current role which is an offensive PG off the bench. Speedy will get a lot better and his defense at the start of games helps set the tone. Speedy is a lot better than what he is showing now but his defense is always there whether he is having a good offensive night or not.

I totally agree with this post. Nice analysis, TP.

lue isn't better than speedy

but he is the best backup pg in the league now that he's actually playing backup pg and isn't pounding the ball in place at half court for 15 seconds each trip down...he's doing what he does best: shooting/driving/passing/not turning it over

we have the best backup pg in the league in speedy

we also have one of the best backup 2/3s in the league in chill and when marvin is back and shelden improves, he could be one of the best backup bigs in the league...and if we ever get a different starting center, then zaza would be the best backup center in the league

bozeman is playing well for the 3rd string pg and lo is a good backup big as well

we have depth for once and that's with a starter injured!...and the depth plays defense!

if we keep up our defensive intensity, we will win some ball games this year

Quote:

Do you all think Bozeman can become a legit PG one day in this league?

I think that day has arrived. I can see Bozeman starting now (a defensive upgrade on last years starter Ivey) to get the defensive tempo initiated. We will see with added minutes whether he can show more offense than Ivey (WHICH AIN'T MUCH), set the offense, hit the open shots, create on his own and free up T- Lue to be FRESH during the game and especially at the end of the game. I think T-Lue haters have a problem with him starting and not in closing games out.

Quote:

Did you guys see Tyron Lue telling some guy that heart is more important height...

when he hit that floater to send it into OT he was yelling to a fan "sit your punk@ss down!"

LOL Lue looks like a character off of a Star Wars movie, imagine him yelling at you in the stands. i think i'd spill my beer.

• Premium Member

I seriously doubt the Hawks will use much of their cap space this year or next, so Claxton's contract doesn't really matter for those two years.

For the final two years, he only makes a total of $11M. So if he falters, he'll be tradeable.

Either way, I think the Hawks should let Ivey go next year and replace him with a raw, but promising PG who can learn from Lue and Speedy.

Quote:

when he hit that floater to send it into OT he was yelling to a fan "sit your
punk@ss
down!"

LOL Lue looks like a character off of a Star Wars movie, imagine him yelling at you in the stands. i think i'd spill my beer.

As long as he does not go into the stands to "sit his punk@ss down", I like him selling "wolf tickets" from the floor. We need some fire that we are for real. The teams we will be playing soon will be testing our manhood and this needs to part of our new identity.

Quote:

You know what's funny about that? I was watching the game with my dad last night, and when Lue was shooting free throws, the comment my dad made was "What is that? Is he a human?"

he's right behind Sam Cassell. in fact when Cassell retires Lue may become the starting PG on the All-NBA Ugly team.

Quote:

I seriously doubt the Hawks will use much of their cap space this year or next, so Claxton's contract doesn't really matter for those two years.

For the final two years, he only makes a total of $11M. So if he falters, he'll be tradeable.

Either way, I think the Hawks should let Ivey go next year and replace him with a raw, but promising PG who can learn from Lue and Speedy.

I personally wouldn't mind us trading say, an Este and a second round pick for Louis Williams. The rise of Monte Ellis this year gives me some encouragement that Lou can make a similar jump if he can get out of A.I.'s shadow.

Quote:

Quote:

You know what's funny about that? I was watching the game with my dad last night, and when Lue was shooting free throws, the comment my dad made was "What is that? Is he a human?"

he's right behind Sam Cassell. in fact when Cassell retires Lue may become the starting PG on the All-NBA Ugly team.

Have you ever played the game Abe's Oddworld?

If not, you should. Cassell is the protagonist.

I like the Louis Williams idea. Louis is too freaking talented to not do well in the league. He also tore up the summer league although he had too many turnovers. He will be a very good NBA player at some pount but needs new scenary.

As far as Lue...he ain't ugly...he is visually challenging. grin.gif

Quote:

I like the Louis Williams idea. Louis is too freaking talented to not do well in the league. He also tore up the summer league although he had too many turnovers. He will be a very good NBA player at some pount but needs new scenary.

As far as Lue...he ain't ugly...he is visually challenging.
grin.gif

those corn rows are not helping his cause grin.gif