• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Will Emerge as the 3rd Scoring Threat?

BusBoyIsBack

Right now, Zaza Pachulia is successfully filling the void for 2nd scorer on the team. With the way Joe Johnson has developed chemistry with him, I see that success continuing. Not to mention Zaza's a young guy who's developing and getting better every game.

With that said, who's going to be #3? I was hoping Josh Smith could come out the gates with those Kirilenko like numbers he put up after the all-star break, but that's not happening right now.

So who's going to step up and be the next threat on offense?

I personally think Shelden and Josh Smith should be more agressive on O. I think Shelden needs to stop being bashful on O and take open shots, and use his plethora of fundamental post moves.

I think Smoove needs to stop settling for jump shots and use that elite athletic ability of his to score, draw contact, or kick it out to the open man.

Right now we are near the bottom of the league in offense. If someone (or if several players) steps up their game on offense, we will have a decent offense to match a nice defense which means we will be on our way to the playoffs.

Its pretty clear to me that player for now is going to be Josh Smith he was aggressive the past 2 games calling for the ball. Going to the free throw line and attacking the basket. I believe the Hawks also ran a few plays for him as well he has to realize we need him to get ez baskets for us by running the break crashing the boards.

The thing about our team is that every player is a threat to score. We don't need a 3rd scoring threat.

Last year Speedy averaged double figures, and he's about the least likely to score so far. This is why we don't miss Harrington because we are skilled enough on offense to not need a clear 2nd guy averaging 18 points a game.

Quote:

I guess you have to score over 20 points to be considered a 3rd scroing option.

Well if Smoove plays half as good as he did tonight, he will have no trouble being that 3rd option. Hell if he keeps playing like that, Zaza might have to be the 3rd.

He's just got to work on his consistency and he has to come to the court hungry every night like that playing with that aggressive attitude determined to take it above the rim.