• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bush did it again!

terrynoonan

W is on an Asian trip and is scheduled to visit a few countries, including Vietnam. The flags of those countries were displayed on the official White House web page. One problem with the Vietnam flag. The flag was that of South Vietnam, which surrendered in 1975! Needless to say, Vietnam is p!ssed.

Just another example of a stunning combination of arrogance and absolutely disrespectful ignorance.

Wonder why the people of the world think we are out of touch?

WTF are the rules then gsu? Retarded trade ideas only?

You almost got kicked off the board didn't you?

I put in the lounge, and I wasn't p!ssed until now.

What is your problem? I'll talk about whatever I want until someone other than you tells me I can't. This was a very tame post we're talking about here. Grow up!

BTW-You should read rule #6.

• Moderators

Quote:

WTF are the rules then gsu? Retarded trade ideas only?

You almost got kicked off the board didn't you?

I put in the lounge, and I wasn't p!ssed until now.

What is your problem? I'll talk about whatever I want until someone other than you tells me I can't. This was a very tame post we're talking about here. Grow up!

BTW-You should read rule #6.

Political threads were banned from the board several years ago after significant flame wars over W and other issues. Personally, I don't have a problem with them but the board practice on political threads has been put down pretty clearly.

If you mention the President in a post and talk about foreign relations, that pretty much makes it political.

Either way, politics is not to be discussed on here. Go back through the archives of this forum and you should see plenty of instances of Chillz and/or Kudzu locking threads and putting a ban on political talk.

• Admin

we tend to encourage people to talk about anything BUT politics here. There are several reasons for that. Chief among them is the fact that few people can talk about politics rationally and without blind bias.

Take your post for instance. You bring up something that the president isn't responsible for and wasn't even aware of. Yet in your rush to take a jab at Ole W, you act like it was his fault. As if in addition to being the leader of this country, he's also the webmaster for whitehouse.gov.

Many here would see the ignorance in your post and take that as an opportunity start a nice long flame war. I prefer to not have our resources wasted with such things. So in the future, please refrain from posting political opinions and attacks here. There are plenty of sites out there that cater to this type of stuff.

It shows that he runs a poor ship. I don't want to get into this with you. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. There is about a mountain of evidence and pure fact that show he is oblivious to reality. My opinion is not unsupported with fact. I am biased by reality. I apologize for that, I guess? This was over until you jumped on and attacked me. I'm not questioning the adm.. I think you're out of line to say he's not in control. I understand why this is frowned upon. You can't even handle the simplest thing. I think you are the one with a bias.

to turn this int o something simple. To call me ignorant is just wrong. The facts are on my side. I haven't been waiting for 12 years to take a jab. I've been watching an evil man and his cast of liars destroy the world a little quicker. Again, this was dead to me until you attacked me.

You really don't want to get into a "take your post for instance" thing with me. I love this site, but this is a little too fascist. If I had seen a rule I would have known.

I think one of the first posts I read, you were bashing Hotlanta for not "getting" Hendrix. I agreed with everyting you said. I don't want to fight with another Hendrix and Hawks fan. I just don't accept being called ignorant with no evidence to support the contrary.

He said "many people could see the ignorance in your post" which is a FAR cry from calling you ignorant. Two ways that could logically be taken. One, he is saying that you said something ignorant in your post, which still isn't calling you ignorant. Second, and more likely, is that he is simply stating that OTHER posters would be able to use what you stated against you which would likely cause some type of flame war.

Nobody on here wants to see this happen again. I realize that you are new around here and I think this thread has been pretty cordial to you considering what you posted, so please take that as an opportunity to not post those types of things again otherwise I'm sure there will be some type of action against you.

Last thing, perhaps this type of thing needs to be added to the rules and have them stickied throughout the forums? That way there won't be any confusion for anyone new or old.

He did call me ignorant as well as implying that I was irrational and blindly biased. I could go on. I said nothing inflamatory until the post about destroying the world. So, what are you talking about? This should be in the rules. It sounds like sour grapes after the elections to an outsider like myself. I have in no way acted in the wrong. My statements are supported by fact. I would go toe to toe on any of them. Do you feel funny telling me there might be action against me when your signature would be offensive to thousands, if not millions of people? I'm not one of them though. I think it's funny. I thought the stupidity of America's administration was funny. Then again, I have an adult sense of humor.

• Moderators

Quote:

He did call me ignorant as well as implying that I was irrational and blindly biased. I could go on. I said nothing inflamatory until the post about destroying the world. So, what are you talking about? This should be in the rules. It sounds like sour grapes after the elections to an outsider like myself. I have in no way acted in the wrong. My statements are supported by fact. I would go toe to toe on any of them. Do you feel funny telling me there might be action against me when your signature would be offensive to thousands, if not millions of people? I'm not one of them though. I think it's funny. I thought the stupidity of America's administration was funny. Then again, I have an adult sense of humor.

I agree Chillz called the position articulated in your post ignorant. However, this is not a sour grapes after the elections thing. It was put into place when Bush had solid support among voters in the country a while back. There were some real slug-fests and it also led to more of the problem posts from people like BlackHawkDown (now banned). In any event, there are plenty of forums to discuss politics - this just isn't one of them.

I wasn't trying to get into a discussion. I understand why this sort of thing is not allowed. People can't deal with it. I guess I just assumed that no one would post unless they had an adult response. I just thought it was funny. I mean, there's a West Wing where virtually the same thing happened. This is a great board and I love the opinions. I know the rules now.

• Admin

this thread will forever be used as a lesson to those who question why politics will be the only disallowed subject on this site.

For the record, pointing out the ignorance in something you say isn't the same as calling you ignorant. Just as saying "that was stupid" isn't the same as saying "you're stupid".