• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Expectations

skankin_richard

Quote:

Quote:

I understand that Marvin Williams may be a better offensive player than Smoove but I'm saying if you expect him to score 15 points a night right off the bat, then you're expecting too much.

[/indent]

You fantasy guys are always talking ppg. No one is asking marvin to score a certain number of points per night. The only thing that I am stating is that the offense will run better with Marvin out there because he is more efficient with the basketball then Smith. Teams won't leave him wide open every trip down to double Joe like they do Smith.

Quote:

We probably won't see that type of production until next year.

[/indent]

Everbody want to be a fortune teller and predict the future.

Oh now you say this you might wanna look in the mirror. Hippocrite you are the one thinking your a prophet.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Oh now you say this you might wanna look in the mirror. Hippocrite you are the one thinking your a prophet.

I'm not trying to predict the future, just rehashing how things have played out since this summer. Team have taken notice of Marvin's more aggressive play

We all talk about PPG for players....RRRRRR....it's really about team shooting percentage and team defense. That's how you win consistently.

The best way to get a higher team shooting percentage over the long haul is to move the ball on offense and take good shots - by guys who can actually make them.

Quote:

Two things i know for sure are that he will improve the defense and take it to the basket/get to the line.

Bingo! If he gets 30 minutes a game I expect 13, 7 , and 1. With plenty of his points coming from the line. Once he starts getting 35-40, he will become our second scoring option.