• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK

wartownrep

Quote:

With the improve play of the team this year, I wonder why I havent heard anything from Billy. If I was him I would visit every radio show bragging on how good the JJ trade turned out and how much the team improved this year.

He is waiting for Marvin to blow everybody away and then he'll show up.

As we all know he isn't a very talkative guy to begin with. He really is never on radio shows or does interviews that often. We haven't accomplished anything yet but I have a feeling if Marvin comes back and puts up stellar number you might see him some more.

• Premium Member

I don't think he's going to say anything, actually. I think he's going to go on about his business as usual and let the results of the team and its players speak for itself.

BK doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that will say much of anything, unless it's defending his beliefs.

Quote:

Wouldn't that be something. Not only do his draft picks produce, but Marvin Williams comes back giving this team the boost it needs to hover around .500 and make the playoffs.

Funny thing is the critics who are so adamant about how bad he is, would never admit they were wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

Wouldn't that be something. Not only do his draft picks produce, but Marvin Williams comes back giving this team the boost it needs to hover around .500 and make the playoffs.

Funny thing is the critics who are so adamant about how bad he is, would never admit they were wrong.

They will have to. They can't change their screen names.

If you see BK at a game or at open practice or summer league, seriously go up and talk to him. He's really cool, and he'll tell you all kinds of things that he would NEVER say on the radio. It's like he's the exact opposite in person of how he is on the radio. I've talked to him twice now and he answered all my questions with surprising candor.

Quote:

He hates the media. He doesn't want to talk to them good or bad. I've said it before, I'll say it again, he needs a show where he can talk to fans directly without a media guy in between, he'd do much better.

I agree and I think ownership has realized this is not one of his strengths. Thus different owners have become more visible. And I think that's the right move. Don't think BK wants the spot light. Shows that his heart is really in doing what's the best thing for the team and players.

Quote:

If you see BK at a game or at open practice or summer league, seriously go up and talk to him. He's really cool, and he'll tell you all kinds of things that he would NEVER say on the radio. It's like he's the exact opposite in person of how he is on the radio. I've talked to him twice now and he answered all my questions with surprising candor.

Talked to the guy several times and have found him frank, sincere and friendly. He is old school, not one to waste his time for the sake of pomposity. He is obviously smart and not deterred from his focus. The Hawks are in good shape with him. I don't like a whole lot of people but he is cool.