• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Harrington: monster 3 pt threat?

CBAreject

Did anyone notice Al's 3 game stretch last week where he went 14-19 from 3 pt range?

He's shooting .556 3ptrs on the year. Wowzers!

Do the Hawks miss his scoring? Well, this year's team is averaging 97.2 ppg, the same rate as last year's team. The Hawks are allowing 96.7 ppg, compared with 102.0 ppg last year.

Al's Indy team, on the other hand, is giving up 3 more points per game than they score. And remember, they used to be one of the tougher defensive teams in the East. Indy's 98.7 ppg allowed is much higher than any rate under Carlisle. For the previous 3 years, they've allowed 85.1, 92.2, and 92.0. Why the sudden spike to 98.7? Could Harrington alone be the culprit?

• Moderators

Quote:

Did anyone notice Al's 3 game stretch last week where he went 14-19 from 3 pt range?

He's shooting .556 3ptrs on the year. Wowzers!

Do the Hawks miss his scoring? Well, this year's team is averaging 97.2 ppg, the same rate as last year's team. The Hawks are allowing 96.7 ppg, compared with 102.0 ppg last year.

Al's Indy team, on the other hand, is giving up 3 more points per game than they score. And remember, they used to be one of the tougher defensive teams in the East. Indy's 98.7 ppg allowed is much higher than any rate under Carlisle. For the previous 3 years, they've allowed 85.1, 92.2, and 92.0. Why the sudden spike to 98.7? Could Harrington alone be the culprit?

I would not attribute it all to Al. The year they allowed 85 ppg (1994) Al played 75 games for them. I think losing Artest has more to do with their defensive problems than adding Al did.

• Moderators

Quote:

Artest played 16 games for them last year. Al played off the bench for them that previous year, and he also played strictly SF, if I remember correctly.

Isn't he playing mostly SF now with Foster starting?

It's obvious that Al is the difference. Guys like Al and Reef destroy your defense. They never step over and thug someone in the first qtr. Late in the game, same thing. Sometimes just giving the effort to foul someone will stop a run. Al is a soft player. Who wants one of those? I think Larry Legend has lost his mind. As for the 3's, I think other teams are disrespecting his J. I wouldn't. What is he gonna do, finish at the rack? smirk.gif

Quote:

They never step over and thug someone in the first qtr. Late in the game, same thing. Sometimes just giving the effort to foul someone will stop a run.

Love that line. It works if you don't get 2-3 quick fouls and go to the bench and lose your mo...but come back with the same thuggery at end.