I hate Bradley

GoDawgs21

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...g_the_hawk.html

Quote:

Having criticized the Hawks when they were winning only two games a month, I feel the need to point out that they’re now capable of winning two games a week. Fair, after all, is fair.

I don’t know how long it will be until they’re really good. I don’t know if they’ll ever get good. But honesty compels me to admit they’re better than I thought they’d be so far this season. Whenever they lose a game and I figure, “Here comes one of those seven-game skids,” they up and win one that makes me go, “Hmmmm.”

Winning in Denver on Wednesday was one such game. Down by 17 inside the final 10 minutes, they wound up beating a good team on the road. That wouldn’t have happened last year or any year this century.

Does this mean I’m recanting every nasty word I’ve written about this organization? No, it doesn’t. If the Hawks had drafted Chris Paul/Deron Williams or had figured out a way to turn Boris Diaw into a player, they’d have been winning long ago. And an 8-9 record, while good by recent Hawk standards, isn’t good by most any other measure.

But enough of that. Today’s point is that I’m starting to take the Hawks seriously again. I don’t know if I’ll still be taking them seriously a month from now or three months from now, but at this moment I am. I like the way they’re playing. I’m curious if they can keep it up.

If they can, we’ll talk again. If they can’t, forget I ever said anything

Way to be the worlds biggest fence sitter. So instead of doing your job, being a sports journalist, your answer is yeh so if they suck again in 3 months I knew it, but if they are good I saw it coming. How genuis.

He still manages to take swipes at BK and the Hawks. There isn't a positive not followed up by a negative. How about a lil love for team missing 3 of its top 6 and 2 starters most all season, halfway done with the West Coast trip, and yet still hanging around. Not any optimism about where we could be when everyone is back.

I want to see one column that says these guys are hanging in but wait till Marvin, Speedy, Chill come back. Imagine our starters of Speedy, JJ, Marvin, Josh, Z. Then our bench vs other teams benchs with Lue, Salim, Chill, Shell, LO. Wait doesnt that bench sound alot like our starting lineup wtih all these injuries. If our MASH squad can go 8-9 why cant our regulars have stretches of say 13-4 ball. I think the future is bright, and all this bum can say is if we had Chris Paul.

I love that line we would have been winning long ago had we drafted Paul. Long ago like what last year, since it was his rookie year. So we could have won some last year, gee NO didnt go to the playoffs last year, and they aren't in right now playing .500 ball just like the Hawks.

I can't stand that clown either! What a joke! He obviously doesn't even follow the team or even know that we have all these key players out right now. He should be fired from AJC for having no knowledge of sports first off but to not even know anything about your own home sports teams. Again what a disgrace this guy is. Just once I would like to see something positive as well.

Wait, wait, wait.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

If we had drafted Chris Paul AND stuck with Diaw we would've been winning LONG ago?

1) Long ago means 1 year ago? As someone mentioned, that's how long ago those decisions were made.

2) The following line-up is better than the current one?

Diaw

Smoove

Pachulia

Childress

Paul

I dunno. It's missing an All-Star scorer. Why don't we trade one of the wings for that kind of player? OK, how bout Diaw? Wait, but that's what we did...

3) "Found a way to turn Diaw into a player"? I guess maybe we should've just hired the whole Phoenix staff and installed their offense. I guess by the same token, Phoenix should've found a way to "turn Joe Johnson" into an MVP candidate. Whoops.

4) Diaw is currently putting up Ira Newble numbers. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not sorry we didn't "turn him into a player" so that he could have 1 good year and be our new Alan Henderson. If we had done that, you can bet your ass Mark Bradley would be talking about "same old Hawks" rewarding a marginal player with a big contract for half a season of good play.

Quote:

Wait, wait, wait.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

If we had drafted Chris Paul AND stuck with Diaw we would've been winning LONG ago?

1) Long ago means 1 year ago? As someone mentioned, that's how long ago those decisions were made.

2) The following line-up is better than the current one?

Diaw

Smoove

Pachulia

Childress

Paul

I dunno. It's missing an All-Star scorer. Why don't we trade one of the wings for that kind of player? OK, how bout Diaw? Wait, but that's what we did...

3) "Found a way to turn Diaw into a player"? I guess maybe we should've just hired the whole Phoenix staff and installed their offense. I guess by the same token, Phoenix should've found a way to "turn Joe Johnson" into an MVP candidate. Whoops.

4) Diaw is currently putting up Ira Newble numbers. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not sorry we didn't "turn him into a player" so that he could have 1 good year and be our new Alan Henderson. If we had done that, you can bet your ass Mark Bradley would be talking about "same old Hawks" rewarding a marginal player with a big contract for half a season of good play.

That's great. You should post this on Bradley's Blog.

The biggest problem with AJC writers (besides being no-talent assclowns) is that they have no allegiance to the home teams. The Falcons, Hawks, Bulldogs, and Braves are teams they wait to feast on instead of lift up. I know that negative posting is sometimes good to "stir the pot", but these guys live off the failures of our favorite teams. You would never see these types of writers in Boston continue to have a job. Shaugnessy (sp?), Ryan, MacMullin, Adande and others LOVE their teams, these writers simply dont are about them. AJC should fire these writers except for sekou and obrien.

• Moderators

Quote:

At this point, is there anyone who has watched an NBA game the last 5 years who would take Diaw over JJ? If Bradley would, he proves just what a moron he is.

I don't read his article that way. I just read it to mean that we failed to tap Diaw's potential in Atlanta and that he places the blame for that on the organization, not Diaw. If Diaw would have blossomed, we would not have had to give up as much to get JJ from Phoenix. As it was, Diaw wasn't much more than a throw-in.

If I hear "We should have drafted Chris Paul or Deron Williams" again, I am going to throw up. I admit that I wanted Deron Williams but as a UNC fan I was happy to get Marvin. I would love to have access to the articles leading up to the draft to see how many of these "experts" said hawks should have taken Paul or Williams.

• Moderators

Quote:

If I hear "We should have drafted Chris Paul or Deron Williams" again, I am going to throw up. I admit that I wanted Deron Williams but as a UNC fan I was happy to get Marvin. I would love to have access to the articles leading up to the draft to see how many of these "experts" said hawks should have taken Paul or Williams.

There aren't many (articles saying we should have taken someone other than the remaining guy left between Bogut and Marvin).