• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawkers, I am not understanding.

Lrenfro

What are we trying to accomplish here on our board? As you can see I have been a "member" of the board for quite a while with relatively very few posts. I love to read from you guys your opinions, your fustrations, your GM caliber trade ideals, ECT. What I don't understand is what is there to argue about? I assume that, except for the occasional visitors that everyone on Hawksquawk is a fan. We are all hoping, suggesting, wanting, and waiting for a better team always.

Now understanding the exchange of ideals, fustrations and opinions, I just want to know where all this judgment is coming from. I mean if LeBron breaks Wades ankles and dunks on O’Neal does that say that Shaq should not be a starting center because he can’t back up his guard and defend the lane. If Kobe scores 80 points by himself does that say the other coach did not assess the situation and make what he felt were the necessary changes ? What I am saying is great things happen but not that often. More often a team may play sub-par and most of the time just average. But what do you really want from your team? I just want a competitive game more wins then losses and I hope for a Championship. But think about it if Jordan and the Bulls won every single game for 6 seasons, I would not watch the NBA anymore. What for? You know the outcome. People, Lue is not going to be hot every night nor is JJ. J Smooth is still young and young people make young mistakes. That is not just in basketball. The same goes for most of our team. Now I have suffered the past 8 years along side the rest of you. The sad part is the fans have suffered a lot longer than anyone in the organization. We can’t judge our players on a few games if you do we will have a team full of Jon Koncaks, Alan Henderson’s, and Chris Crawford’s. Give the team a chance. Wait till all the pieces are together the way it was designed. Then give your opinions on the design.

Until you have all the information surrounding what you see, let’s not make judgments let’s just keep it to opinions. I hope this makes since I was trying to give you the abridge version on what I am trying to say. I can get long winded.

• Premium Member

I came to the conclusion after putting someone on ignore that we have an element on this site who care more about winning internet arguments or trying to make "points" off other posters than about the actual team or the games. I think part of this can be contributed to an eight year playoff drought and the ongoing ownership squabble.

There really is only so many different ways to say "Well, we lost again: whose to blame today?" before you reach the point where it becomes moot.

• Premium Member

I think that the cause of the frustration around here is the fact that the team was supposed to be "complete" this season and ready to compete for the playoffs. When the wheels start to fall off, people get a little antsy and everything/everyone on the team gets scrutinized. Nobody wants a repeat of the last few seasons, especially when we feel that we have a better team now. Everyone gets frustrated, and everyone feels that they know the reason for our lack of success. Speedy's injuries, Shelden's production, Marvin's play relative to CP's/Deron's , Woodson's coaching, JSmith's inconsistency, and all things BK are fair game. It's a shame that we argue so much, as we all want the same thing: A WINNING TEAM. We all just just have different ideas as to how that can or should be accomplished.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think that the cause of the frustration around here is the fact that the team was supposed to be "complete" this season and ready to compete for the playoffs.

Says who? I remember this team's coach making a statement that they don't expect the playoffs until 07-08.

Quote:

What are we trying to accomplish here on our board? As you can see I have been a "member" of the board for quite a while with relatively very few posts. I love to read from you guys your opinions, your fustrations, your GM caliber trade ideals, ECT. What I don't understand is what is there to argue about? I assume that, except for the occasional visitors that everyone on Hawksquawk is a fan. We are all hoping, suggesting, wanting, and waiting for a better team always.

Now understanding the exchange of ideals, fustrations and opinions, I just want to know where all this judgment is coming from. I mean if LeBron breaks Wades ankles and dunks on O’Neal does that say that Shaq should not be a starting center because he can’t back up his guard and defend the lane. If Kobe scores 80 points by himself does that say the other coach did not assess the situation and make what he felt were the necessary changes ? What I am saying is great things happen but not that often. More often a team may play sub-par and most of the time just average. But what do you really want from your team? I just want a competitive game more wins then losses and I hope for a Championship. But think about it if Jordan and the Bulls won every single game for 6 seasons, I would not watch the NBA anymore. What for? You know the outcome. People, Lue is not going to be hot every night nor is JJ. J Smooth is still young and young people make young mistakes. That is not just in basketball. The same goes for most of our team. Now I have suffered the past 8 years along side the rest of you. The sad part is the fans have suffered a lot longer than anyone in the organization. We can’t judge our players on a few games if you do we will have a team full of Jon Koncaks, Alan Henderson’s, and Chris Crawford’s. Give the team a chance. Wait till all the pieces are together the way it was designed. Then give your opinions on the design.

Until you have all the information surrounding what you see, let’s not make judgments let’s just keep it to opinions. I hope this makes since I was trying to give you the abridge version on what I am trying to say. I can get long winded.

WE ARE FANS

some of us are also basketball officianados. Did you watch the 2nd half last night - do you see trends? C'mon now - this is obvious. smirk.gif

quote] do you see trends?

Yeah I see the trends I see the streks but I know that they have to play ball for a whole season at a time. You can't run a marathon at full speed the whole way. Don't get me wrong I have threw many a fits watching the game (knowing that I would or would not have done what they did being the pro that I am grin.gif) because I was fustrated. But I do understand that 1) this is a young team. 2) They have not been playing that long together. 3)This is the begining of the season not even a full 2 months 1/4 of the games. These things keep me sane. I gives me hope for the second half of the season. We are still in this.

Quote:

I came to the conclusion after putting someone on ignore that we have an element on this site who care more about winning internet arguments or trying to make "points" off other posters than about the actual team or the games. I think part of this can be contributed to an eight year playoff drought and the ongoing ownership squabble.

There really is only so many different ways to say "Well, we lost again: whose to blame today?" before you reach the point where it becomes moot.

is there an echo in the room?

Sothron are you white, about 6 foot 3, blond hair blue eyes? grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

is there an echo in the room?

Sothron are you white, about 6 foot 3, blond hair blue eyes? grin.gif

Damn, that is a short version of Frieje. tongue.gif Can you shoot at least?

Lrenfro, there's more toxic nonsense here than any other board I've visited, and I think its because of all the losing. The attention shifts from fun things to discuss to attacking other posters. Its unfortunate, because there are some very knowledgeable posters here.

The board's culture is less formal than some of the really high traffic - highly moderated boards, which is kind of fun. But it also results in posters lacking respect for each other.

I think with more wins, you get more traffic, there's more concern for keeping things civil, you have happier posters, etc. etc. etc.

I hope it changes though, because there'sa lot of potential, but the negativity gets very old. Some posters here fight their agendas to the death as if they can somehow influence the franchise if they try hard enough. In most forums I visit, posters know their bounds and like to "exchange" ideas. I've never been on a site that has so much angst about our players.

Granted, most of the sites I visit are college related, and personal attacks on college kids are widely considered unacceptable.

I understand the moral. I know we are all frustrated. But I love this board. It is like a mini soap opera. You have your drama; you have your comedy and its all for one common concern. We are one big family from the one we all love to hate, to watching our little children grow up. I just wanted to add my little tid-bit to try to keep us all grounded until the Hawks fly high.