• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For you who say... TRADE Big Dog.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I say you write Babcock and tell him to trade Big Dog/CC for Grant Hill/ Jacque Vaughn.

I know Doc Rivers will do it.

In fact, it would allow him to do what he really wants to do. Move Mike Miller for Kwame Brown. (Would that be Poison Pill?)

Still. It's a move that I know Doc would do. He's salivating over a lineup of Armstrong/Tmac/Big Dog/Brown/Kemp. With an eye on Oneal next yr.

And if you really believe Grob is the problem, then this gets him out of Atlanta. And when and IF GHill plays consistently again, he will be just right to play with JT. It's like everything he adds is just Gravy. Plus, Vaughn is a good Gaurd to play in the mighty Mouse Backcourt.

Get your writings going.

either get him to understand his role as the 3rd option among the big 3 when all are on the court together, or trade him for someone who is going to be able to play consistently again. No way is Babs ever going to trade for an injury risk again, especially not Grant Hill, no matter how talented and perfect for our team he is. He is just far too great of a risk.

• Premium Member

Why should the Dog be the third option?

Shareef First option.

Terry Second? Why?

I think if we can just get Dog to understand that Reef is the first option... And get Reef to understand that the 12 million he makes and the C on his chest doesn't stand for Complimentary Player.

Dog can't be the first option because he is a jump shooter and can not get to the basket. That is not good for a first option..Reef first option because it is better to go inside out...JT second option because he can not only create his own shot he can create shots for others. Plus dog is so turnover prone...if he has to put the ball on the floor it is usually a [censored] turnover. Another thing he doesn't draw a lot of fouls because he shoots so many jump shots..so u can see there are a myriad of reasons he should not be our first option....and oh yeah he can't play defense either.

Dog is a great shooter. He has been banged up some which has hurt his jump shooting a little bit, but there isnt a better jump shooter in the league from midrange. However I believe that his role should be coming off of screens because that is when he is at his deadliest. The PG should feed Reef the ball in the post and then Dog should come off of a screen set by Theo or the PG and if Reef doesnt have a lane to the basket he should kick it out to either JT or Dog. I would actually like to see both JT and Dog come off of screens at the same time on opposite sides of the court, which JT preferrably coming off of a backdoor screen. I really think this would open things up inside for Reef and he could have a much easier time scoring. We really need to get him down low because his jumpshot is really getting worse it seems.

• Premium Member

I figured somebody would.

Sad part is that GHill might be done. He has at least 5 more yrs on that Huge Contract. Cyman, I don't know if you were around for the Kenny the Snake Norman years... But Hill may shape up to be just that. A player who is so injured he can't play and he just drains MONEY.

• Premium Member

Why not just call it like this...

Both JT and Big Dog are second options.

Reef is the primary because when he scores we win. However, as we learn plays, placement, and position... As the double falls on Reef... He kicks out to either JT or Big Dog.

i.e. both of them should be working for a shot in the case that SAR is doubled.

I think most Modern offenses work that way also.