D. Howard, is it possible...

ATLFANNCO

What People? Don't get me wrong, there is not a player in the NBA I would rather have on my team right now that Dwight Howard, but I can't imagine that Orlando's not trying to throw as much money as possible to keep their young center with their young nucleus.

But Oh God Howard could unite with Smith and then maybe we could sign Randolph Morris to recreate their high school AAU team and I get happy feelings inside and damn you for exciting me mad.gif

a) one of dwight's lifetime goals is to play for the hawks

b) him/smoove have been friends since preschool

c) him/smoove still text message each other DAILY even today

if dwight left ORL, it would be for ATL

he could come here if he wants to force a trade or not sign an extension...but he also coulda done that at the draft (a la kobe) and he didn't, so it's unlikely

but our odds are better than anyone else in the league...basically, 90% Orlando, 9.9% atlanta, .1% all other teams combined

Speedy

JJ

Marvin

SMoove

Howard

That could turn into one of the best starting 5 in the NBA if Marvin and Smoove keep maturing. Downright nasty right there. Of course we could upgrade at PG over Speedy somehow. Its still an extreme longshot he would ever leave Orlando but we can dream right. BTW Sothron who did you hear that from that said Howard could possibly try and sign with ATL? Reliable sources? or what. Damn that would be great if we could get him.

Quote:

a) one of dwight's lifetime goals is to play for the hawks

b) him/smoove have been friends since preschool

c) him/smoove still text message each other DAILY even today

if dwight left ORL, it would be for ATL

he could come here if he wants to force a trade or not sign an extension...but he also coulda done that at the draft (a la kobe) and he didn't, so it's unlikely

but our odds are better than anyone else in the league...basically, 90% Orlando, 9.9% atlanta, .1% all other teams combined

Good post.

Chances are slim and none. But you're right, if there was any team that was going to somehow pry away the rising star, it would be his hometown who is loaded in cash.

I'd say it was about a 1% chance with the way the Magic are playing now.

• Premium Member

I have it from good sources, the same ones inside the Hawks and that Jaywalker used (not all but some) and he (Howard) has always wanted to be a Hawk and he'd like to play for the home team. He's keeping it quiet because he knows he is on his rookie contract and has no chance of leaving for at least a couple of more seasons. But he absolutely is considering Atlanta. I'm not saying its 100% he's coming here but it sure as hell is something he's been considering since he got drafted.

I think marvin and/or smooth would have to be included in the deal if there were a trade.

I don't understand why people think he's a lock to stay in orlando forever. He's not in a top market, and while his team is improving, they aren't exactly contenders. I don't know how likely it is, but its worth hoping for.

Very good point. And what if he's playing nice with Orlando so he doesn't become labeled a primadona? Not every superstar has to act like a jackass, and the fact that we write off the chances of Howard coming home simply because he hasn't started bickering about it shows more about what we've come to expect from 'superstars' than what could actually happen when it's extension time for him.

Quote:

I have it from good sources, the same ones inside the Hawks and that Jaywalker used (not all but some) and he (Howard) has always wanted to be a Hawk and he'd like to play for the home team. He's keeping it quiet because he knows he is on his rookie contract and has no chance of leaving for at least a couple of more seasons. But he absolutely is considering Atlanta. I'm not saying its 100% he's coming here but it sure as hell is something he's been considering since he got drafted.

I believe it. But unfortunately that was probably before Orlando turned into the best team in the East. He is definitely less inclined to leave now that they are actually a decent team and will probably generate a fan base.