• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The remedy for our Problem... By Diesel!

Diesel

• Premium Member

How desperate is Seattle for Help rebounding? My fix is Nazr to Seattle. What we get back is Kenny Anderson. He's not being used a lot.

I Figure we can go Minimouse backcourt as long as we have a guy who can RUN the offense. Kenny Anderson has that experience. He can RUN the offense.

I say we take Anderson... Make him starter/Tutor for Dickau... And move Terry to SG. Then we RUN the offense. Defensively... We move to a 2-1-2 zone and hide all of our defensive weaknesses.

Comments?

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (3.9 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.3 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)

SG Emanual Davis (3.7 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14.2 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PG Kenny Anderson (5.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 14.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -7.4 ppg, -4.0 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

Seattle trades: PG Kenny Anderson (5.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 14.6 minutes)

Seattle receives: C Nazr Mohammed (3.9 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13 games)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 5 games)

SG Emanual Davis (3.7 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24 games)

Change in team outlook: +7.4 ppg, +4.0 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Seattle being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Seattle had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 874512

There is a much easier and much more probable solution.

Nazr Mohammed for Brent Barry.

To get Kenny Anderson, Atlanta would have to deal Alan Henderson and someone like Dion Glover. I don't think that is a deal that is attractive to the Sonics, considering they would get the final 3 years of Henderson's deal while getting rid of a player whose contract is up at the end of the season.

Mohammed almost signed with the Sonics when he was a free agent. They have interest in him because he is young, cheap, and has some rebounding ability. Mohammed for Barry is an even salary swap. It gets the Sonics the rebounding they need, plus it opens up a starting spot for their future star Desmond Mason.

• Premium Member

I'm not for bring in a SG that can handle the ball. Namely because that's what JT is. We would have 2 SGs who can handle the ball. Better would be getting a PG. I like Barry and I wouldn't turn my nose up at him... I'd just rather go with a PG and play JT as a SG permanently.

I disagree.

If you give Terry a back court compliment like Mike Bibby has in Doug Christie, I will guarantee you that Jason Terry puts up better numbers than Mike Bibby.

I see it in Houston, where Steve Francis isn't a pure point guard and plays with a ball handling 2 in Mobley. He also sees time with Moochie Norris in the same back court.

I see it in Golden State, who I happen to think mirrors the Hawks in some ways. They have a young Gilbert Arenas playing point guard for them, but he plays both positions. Earl Boykins gets most of the time at PG. Arenas is a much better player when Bob Sura with him as opposed to Jason Richardson. Arenas and Terry are very much a like. I think Swopa will agree with me on this.

Even Baron Davis has a point guard playing beside him in New Orleans.