• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Mora a goner?

DrReality

Throwing back across the field is a no-no, I don't care who the QB is.

We did have a play under Reeves that was basically a screen to Crumpler on the backside. I know we ran it for TDs against Seattle in 2002 and in 2003 against Dallas (Doug Johnson throwing that TD). I think I saw it once this year, actually...didn't work, though.

Its not something that you run on a regular basis but if you run it enough that a defense has to be aware of it then you open the other side of the field. Most teams will run zone against us fearing vicks ability to run. When he rolls to the left the safeties will cheat over to that side leaving the opposite side open. You can take advantage of this later in the game as the safeties will be forced to respect that option. They will have to keep their zones honest. If a team then decides to man-up well, you run wr's on deep routes to clear space and let vick run. A good OC is always trying to set the defense up. You call 1 play to call another. You get the defense thinking about 1 thing while you do another.

Quote:

Throwing back across the field is a no-no, I don't care who the QB is.

We did have a play under Reeves that was basically a screen to Crumpler on the backside. I know we ran it for TDs against Seattle in 2002 and in 2003 against Dallas (Doug Johnson throwing that TD). I think I saw it once this year, actually...didn't work, though.

What have we got to lose? It is past time to pull out all of the stops.

It will be interesting to see how the team plays under the duress. They have a slight hope for a playoff spot, but dollars to donuts they come out flat.

Quote:

John Kincaid made a good point on the radio that endicted McCay as the GM. He's the guy that drafted the wide receivers in the first round that have busted.

Equal blame can (and should) be placed on Mora and his staff for not bringing out the talent that McKay saw. Not to say McKay has the all-seeing eye, but I'll take his track record of success in evaluating talent over Mora and his staff's track record. First season aside (which was a lot of Reeves' players), Mora is 15-22 I think.