• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Need to make the move for Fratello.

KB21

He's got the three qualities this team needs in a head coach right now:

1. He's the best teacher of defense in the NBA. The guy has had an offensive minded team in his first stint in Atlanta, but he taught them to play good defense. In Cleveland, he got a group of pretty much CBA guys to go along with Terrell Brandon and had a top NBA defense. A lot of his teaching of defense is a reflection of the #2 quality.

2. He's a disciplinarian. He makes his players accountable for their reactions, and if you don't give max effort, you get your rear chewed off. He's not a laid back coach, and he probably learned this from his days with Hubie Brown as an assistant.

3. He's a master strategist.

I like Terry Stotts, but like Lon, I think he's too laid back.

Fratello is the guy that can bring the Hawks back though!!

I think the Hawks have to get a coach with a proven track record to turn this thing around. A coach that is a disciplinarian and teaches defense.

Mike Fratello and Jeff Van Gundy are the top two candidates, IMO. I think Fratello is ready to return to coaching and would return to the Hawks in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member

I think Van Gundy will challenge for the defensive coach title that you gave Frattello.

Other than that though, I would much rather have Fratello myself. Reason being is that he does know alot about Strategy, Offensive, and Motivation. I don't know about Van Gundy and offense. I don't want to see us any slower than we are.