• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is anyone else shocked Marvin is really this bad?

Sothron

• Premium Member

I was not in favor of drafting Marvin but I am almost stunned watching him this season. He has been somewhere between dreadful and just plain awful. There's nothing he brings as a positive on the court. Nothing. Shooting, ballhandling, rebounding, defense...its all various degrees of crap.

Is he already giving up on the season? Is he just one of those guys who never will take full advantage of his body and skills? Or does he frankly not even have said skills? The guy was an almost no show in the Tourney his freshman year at UNC and two years later he's still not doing much of anything on the court.

I am not trying to add to the "Kill Marvin" feeling but I just can't believe the kid is THIS bad so far. I want to believe he can still grow and mature but honestly what kind of plateau can he reach?

I'm sick of bashing this pick, but it's all BK's fault though, what a complete jackass..

Put me on the wagon of Marvin fans now just because of all the flack(deservedly so) that he takes. That said, I'm not gonna make excuses for him, but I'm definately rooting for him.

He's not good enough now, but hopefully he takes all this to heart and really goes to work on his game. He has serious confidence issues with the ball, you could see him with the ball last night he just looked uncomfortable with it, he just wanted to get rid of it. The ball was like a hot potato to him.

Obviously something is wrong, even comparing his current output to his less-than-spectacular rookie output. If he was shooting a higher percentage (like 10% higher) we wouldn't be having as much piling on (except from the obvious folks.) He'll fix his shot, and the rest of the game will come.

I'm not really surprised that a young player who started the year injured is having a rough time of it, no. Do I wish he blew away the competition? Yes, of course. Where he was picked in the draft has absolutely no bearing on how he plays, only on the expectations of it.

Quote:

I was not in favor of drafting Marvin but I am almost stunned watching him this season. He has been somewhere between dreadful and just plain awful. There's nothing he brings as a positive on the court. Nothing. Shooting, ballhandling, rebounding, defense...its all various degrees of crap.

Is he already giving up on the season? Is he just one of those guys who never will take full advantage of his body and skills? Or does he frankly not even have said skills? The guy was an almost no show in the Tourney his freshman year at UNC and two years later he's still not doing much of anything on the court.

I am not trying to add to the "Kill Marvin" feeling but I just can't believe the kid is THIS bad so far. I want to believe he can still grow and mature but honestly what kind of plateau can he reach?

...to be more than a decent to good starter but more importantly his lack of leadership (see his HS team), love for the game (doesn't watch NBA basketball), and fire in his belly (has none) just made him a poor prospect to meeting even that potential.

He's a nice guy and all, but frankly, that's part of his problem. He's one of those guys that falls apart during adversity. I see him crying before getting mad about his troubles. When he tries to be a leader it sounds forced, weak.

If you watched UNC's title game and the game before that I believe. He was "hands of stone", fumbling and bumbling the ball playing hot potato. Just ineffective in the big games.

I just hope other GMs haven't already made up their mind on MW. I wanted to trade him last year big time. Imagine how much more we would have gotten for him then compared to now?

W

Quote:

He'll fix his shot, and the rest of the game will come.

I'm not really surprised that a young player who started the year injured is having a rough time of it, no. Do I wish he blew away the competition? Yes, of course. Where he was picked in the draft has absolutely no bearing on how he plays, only on the expectations of it.

He didn't have a particularly good rookie year either, but regardless we threw open the door of opportunity for him. Traded Al for him. He couldn't have asked for a better situation. But he crumbles. The kid crumbles. And from at least 10 UNC games viewed he wasn't that talented to begin with.

I wish he blew away the competition too, but he's NEVER done that in his life save snowing the media.

His draft placement has no bearing on his play or expectations of it? What fantasy world are you living in? If this is true, why not just sign undrafted players. We can expect them to do just as well, right? Please.

W

Lascar,

Quote:

Here's hoping MW doesn't listen to guys like you putting him down all the time, because it will only prolong his confidence issues.

Holy [censored] that's pathetic and funny!

BTW, I believe I read it write and wrote it truncated.

W

Quote:

No you didn't. Of course if you additionally knew how to write, you'd know it was "right" and not "write". Here's a hint, Dr. Z agrees that draft position should impact your expectations of a player's performance. If you knew how to read, you wouldn't be responding with

Quote:

What fantasy world are you living in? If this is true, why not just sign undrafted players. We can expect them to do just as well, right? Please.

By the way Dr Z is one of many here who have you on ignore so I wouldn't bother responding to him.

Quote:

Quote:

No you didn't. Here's a hint, Dr. Z agrees that draft position should impact your expectations of a player's performance. If you knew how to read, you wouldn't be responding with

Quote:

What fantasy world are you living in? If this is true, why not just sign undrafted players. We can expect them to do just as well, right? Please.

By the way Dr Z is one of many here who have you on ignore so I wouldn't bother responding to him.

To be correct, Lascar, I am not using the ignore mode. I have just simply made the decision not to respond to trolls anymore, whether Suns fan or Hawks fan. It's not really good for my heart.

Quote:

To be correct, Lascar, I am not using the ignore mode. I have just simply made the decision not to respond to trolls anymore, whether Suns fan or Hawks fan. It's not really good for my heart.

I stand corrected. You're a better man. I tried that for a while. But just when I thought I was out, THEY PULLED ME BACK IN.

Quote:

Quote:

No you didn't. Of course if you additionally knew how to write, you'd know it was "right" and not "write".

Lascar, I have two degrees in Philosophy and Biology and a Masters in Physical Therapy. I've written quite a bit and have presented a writing at UT's colloquium on Medical Ethics. I don't generally proof-read my posts on a fan forum site for overlooked grammatical errors as I don't give a d@mn about pettiness like you in this realm. If you keep posting like this though, my confidence myight be shaken. Will you please stop smirk.gif?

W

Quote:

Quote:

I stand corrected. You're a better man. I tried that for a while. But just when I thought I was out, THEY PULLED ME BACK IN.

To be fair, I've only kept it up for a few days now. smile.gif I've always seemed to have this problem with staying power .. frown.gif

Well all I know is when I tell you that you read something wrong, you go back and you double check and you still don't see it. When I tell you that you're wrong on which player's older, you go back and you double check and you still don't see it. Those aren't just typos as you go along, which we all make.