• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pheonix troll

gsuteke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It seems both hypocritical, out of principle, and frankly weak that censorship is the only way we as hawk fans see us having peace. We shouldn't have to insulate ourselves and if we do then that says more about our franchise and poor constitution as fans than anything Suns' fan or any other person can say about the Hawks or its fans.

I repeat the above. There are better ways to address this issue, ways that don't isolate and insulate us as fans any further or call into question the Hawk franchise or it's fans health by indicating they need defending to such an extent, than censorship IMO.

Regardless, I believe the power of administrator is best used judiciously. If there is an instance where reasonable minds might disagree on banishment, prefer no action over a potentially regretable one.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

It seems both hypocritical, out of principle, and frankly weak that censorship is the only way we as hawk fans see us having peace. We shouldn't have to insulate ourselves and if we do then that says more about our franchise and poor constitution as fans than anything Suns' fan or any other person can say about the Hawks or its fans.

(1) I don't know how it is hypocritical. I would expect to be banned if I engaged in similar conduct on the website of another team. If I showed up about once a weak and made fun the Celtics for injuries to their team, etc. then I would expect to be banned. How is expecting the same treatment for someone on the Hawksquawk hypocritical?

(2) I don't think that censorship of this nature would lead to fans having peace. In fact, I think trolls like this are not responsible for most of the "turmoil" on this site. That comes from people having different views on issues and isn't going to go away.

(3) Insulating ourselves from everyone is not necessary. However, if a University of Florida fan goes and posts taunts on a Florida State website banning a troll of that nature is not insulating ourselves. In fact, we have other fans of the Suns that post on here and are critical of BK, etc. and are not problems at all.

I think we are going to have to see things differently on this one. I guess you would support a poster who went and made fun of Amare Stoudamire when he hurt his leg to avoid insulating a Suns site. If that is your view of a worthy poster, more power to you. It is not my view of someone who belongs as part of this board. But I don't make the rules so my opinion doesn't count for anything more than sounding off anyway!

Quote:

I think we are going to have to see things differently on this one. I guess you would support a poster who went and made fun of Amare Stoudamire when he hurt his leg to avoid insulating a Suns site. If that is your view of a worthy poster, more power to you.

Whether something or someone is worthy or not shouldn't determine their right to post here. "Worthy" could be a very dangerous hurdle. I'm not generally a fan of slippery slope arguments but it's not too far a stretch for "fan patriotism" to be the next standard for inclusion.

It my not be hypocritical for you (kudos) but for others here it definately is.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I think we are going to have to see things differently on this one. I guess you would support a poster who went and made fun of Amare Stoudamire when he hurt his leg to avoid insulating a Suns site. If that is your view of a worthy poster, more power to you.

Whether something or someone is worthy or not shouldn't determine their right to post here. "Worthy" could be a very dangerous hurdle. I'm not generally a fan of slippery slope arguments but it's not too far a stretch for "fan patriotism" to be the next standard for inclusion.

It my not be hypocritical for you (kudos) but for others here it definately is.

W

'

What is the slippery slope here? You are talking about a poster who has uniformely used this forum to take shots at the Hawks to the point of cheering for the injury of our players. As someone who has moderated on other forums, I can tell you it is an easy line to draw between critical fans of a team and someone who is there to troll. There are about 3-4 Suns fans who periodically post here. Only one is a troll. He is easy to identify and there is no danger of confusing him with someone in a gray area for whether a poster is patriotic.

(As an aside, when I say "worthy" I am talking about the fact that people don't have a right to post on a forum and should have to meet some very minimal standards in terms of not abusing other posters; not using their posts to impede conversation; not trolling; etc.)

Aren't I popular?

First of all if you love your forum and team as much as you all claim you do, then you would donate out of the goodness of your hearts instead of stooping so low as to try to bribe moderators. If the moderators thought I deserved to be banned, then they would ban me. None of you would like someone to come to your job and tell you how to do it. It works both ways. This thread is a joke and its created because a bunch of so called fans have a vendetta against me because I tell the harsh truth.

I have a vested intrest in the Hawks success this year and I check their box score every game. So I come here to get the latest news and rumors on the team. I keep an eye on their injury list and I watch the 1 or 2 games that come on national tv. Its only natural that I come on here to read and discuss the latest happenings with your team. The Hawks are in many ways my second favorite team since I pay more attention to them than any other team in the league, sans my Suns. Hell, JOE JOHNSON IS ON MY FANTASY TEAM.

Most of you are nothing but hypocrites. I've seen more threads downing your team then every other forum combined. And not by me, but by you-the Hawks fanbase. You put your team down more than I ever could. I actually want your team to win some games but most of you want your team to completely tank the season. What a fanbase!

I type the things most of you already make threads about. How the management of the Hawks have failed them. How they short change good players or trade them away entirely for draft picks that they don't need. How when they do draft that they pick the worse of players. And how Woodson couldn't coach his son into a pair of pants.

You know whats the only difference between me and most of you? That I want the 4th pick and you all are mad because it looks like I may get it. Well don't get on my case because your team is failing you. I'm just an observer that states the obvious, just like a bunch of you do with your doom-n-gloom threads. The things I say are the cold truth and you all know it. It just bothers you that someone whose a fan of another team saids it. AND it bothers you that you can't say anything bad about my team because we are playing great basketball.

IF you love your forum, keep your forum alive by helping it out regardless. Otherwise you are all just a bunch of whining hypocrites. I am not your problem, your team is.

Quote:

I've seen more threads downing your team then every other forum combined. And not by me, but by you-the Hawks fanbase. You put your team down more than I ever could. I actually want your team to win some games but most of you want your team to completely tank the season. What a fanbase!

I have to agree on this!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Aren't I popular?

First of all if you love your forum and team as much as you all claim you do, then you would donate out of the goodness of your hearts instead of stooping so low as to try to bribe moderators. If the moderators thought I deserved to be banned, then they would ban me. None of you would like someone to come to your job and tell you how to do it. It works both ways. This thread is a joke and its created because a bunch of so called fans have a vendetta against me because I tell the harsh truth.

I have a vested intrest in the Hawks success this year and I check their box score every game. So I come here to get the latest news and rumors on the team. I keep an eye on their injury list and I watch the 1 or 2 games that come on national tv. Its only natural that I come on here to read and discuss the latest happenings with your team. The Hawks are in many ways my second favorite team since I pay more attention to them than any other team in the league, sans my Suns. Hell, JOE JOHNSON IS ON MY FANTASY TEAM.

Most of you are nothing but hypocrites. I've seen more threads downing your team then every other forum combined. And not by me, but by you-the Hawks fanbase. You put your team down more than I ever could. I actually want your team to win some games but most of you want your team to completely tank the season. What a fanbase!

I type the things most of you already make threads about. How the management of the Hawks have failed them. How they short change good players or trade them away entirely for draft picks that they don't need. How when they do draft that they pick the worse of players. And how Woodson couldn't coach his son into a pair of pants.

You know whats the only difference between me and most of you? That I want the 4th pick and you all are mad because it looks like I may get it. Well don't get on my case because your team is failing you. I'm just an observer that states the obvious, just like a bunch of you do with your doom-n-gloom threads. The things I say are the cold truth and you all know it. It just bothers you that someone whose a fan of another team saids it. AND it bothers you that you can't say anything bad about my team because we are playing great basketball.

IF you love your forum, keep your forum alive by helping it out regardless. Otherwise you are all just a bunch of whining hypocrites. I am not your problem, your team is.

You are nothing but a piece of crap that floats back to the surface after being flushed to troll and harrass the posters on this forum. You only post here to gloat about our team losing, as if we aren't aware of the fact, and actively hope our players get injured. Its troll behavior 101.

Quote:

Quote:

Aren't I popular?

You are nothing but a piece of crap that floats back to the surface after being flushed to troll and harrass the posters on this forum. You only post here to gloat about our team losing, as if we aren't aware of the fact, and actively hope our players get injured. Its troll behavior 101.

brother I believe you are being outvoted.

Quote:

excellent post

How did you feel about his multiple posts cheering our players' injuries?

He did it when Marvin got injured, when Claxton got injured, etc. He tried to excuse it by saying that he only was happy about it because his team gets a higher pick.

If that sort of behavior is tolerated, then I would like to say that I am actively hoping for a career-ending injury to Nash or Stoudamire. In fact, I hope one of them is paralyzed in a car wreck. My desire for that sort of injury is quite acceptable, because I would only be happy about it because the troll wouldn't come on the board as frequently. And it's easy to cheer for injuries to happen to someone you don't know.

Following this train of logic, I could cut out the middleman, and hope for another injury to someone I don't know: phx_suns. I hope he's terribly injured, very soon, and he loses the ability to type.

Classy, isn't it? :P

• Premium Member

I agree with your post. Our ownership, GM, and coach have screwed this organization. BK has no idea of how to build a team, he has made numerous bad judgements IMO.

This franchise is in serious trouble and the fans are getting the screws. I used to drive 150 miles round trip at least 3-4 times a month to watch homes games, but with the crap going on now I am not going to give time and money to support a management team that doesn't either care or is too ignorant to see what is going on.

Phillips will continue to be empty until changes are made!

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

excellent post

He did it when Marvin got injured, when Claxton got injured, etc. He tried to excuse it by saying that he only was happy about it because his team gets a higher pick.

If that sort of behavior is tolerated, then I would like to say that I am actively hoping for a career-ending injury to Nash or Stoudamire. In fact, I hope one of them is paralyzed in a car wreck. My desire for that sort of injury is quite acceptable, because I would only be happy about it because the troll wouldn't come on the board as frequently. And it's easy to cheer for injuries to happen to someone you don't know.

Following this train of logic, I could cut out the middleman, and hope for another injury to someone I don't know: phx_suns. I hope he's terribly injured, very soon, and he loses the ability to type.

Yep. This guy is a classless troll who has now tried to articulate a rationale to excuse his behavior. The point is that it is not excusable and if he starts making legit posts it will be a new direction for his posting.

The fact that our team has major problems doesn't mean that someone who is gloating over our team's losing and rejoicing in our players getting injured isn't a troll.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

excellent post

Yep. This guy is a classless troll who has now tried to articulate a rationale to excuse his behavior. The point is that it is not excusable and if he starts making legit posts it will be a new direction for his posting.

The fact that our team has major problems doesn't mean that someone who is gloating over our team's losing and rejoicing in our players getting injured isn't a troll.

Here's the interesting part, to me anyways.

In my opinion, he's a troll.

Many Hawksquawk regulars agree and support his points of view.

Thus, are those Hawksquawk regulars trolls? I find the distinction is cloudy. smile.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

excellent post

Thus, are those Hawksquawk regulars trolls? I find the distinction is cloudy. smile.gif

What do they agree with?

He is troll because he comes to gloat, celebrate injuries, etc. They don't agree with that. That is the problem conduct.

He also mixes in criticism of BK, etc. and they agree with that.

I guess you should be able to cheer Grant Hill's injury problems as long as you also question the Magic's draft picks?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

excellent post

What do they agree with?

He is troll because he comes to gloat, celebrate injuries, etc. They don't agree with that. That is the problem conduct.

He also mixes in criticism of BK, etc. and they agree with that.

I guess you should be able to cheer Grant Hill's injury problems as long as you also question the Magic's draft picks?

You're right.. I'm engaging in a little 'guilt by association here.' It is totally wrong of me to do so.