• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big key to DJ's development on offense...

kelston827

will be his ability to develop an intermediate game a la Jordan, Kobe, T-Mac.

It's one thing to stroke threes from a spot-up position, but it's another to hit jumpers from 18 feet with your man and a PF coming at you.

The ability to score in traffic and just overall more aggresiveness on offense will ultimately be what propels DJ to the next level. The D is coming along nice. Getting stronger, developing an intermediate game and becoming more aggressive are the next steps DJ needs to take.

All it takes is confidence once Dj gets that then you might see an all-star. He needs to be more aggresive which he was starting to do near the end of the season. Since he is guaranteed a starting position you will see alot of confidence from Dj.

I think the year has finally come when you see Dj explode.

At the End of last season I saw a glare of hope in Slim. Before That I had DJ on my list of thing to ship out of town. D.Johnson could be a star Lets throw SAR,JT and SLim out there force SAR to take over games, force Slim to assert himself and FORCE JT to play Point. I think he Can. In the second half lets throw L.Smith into the flames, I think he could be the next J.Oneal. OH as for DG force him to score he should have been better last season, but I am willing to wait for his breakout year. In my eyes he and Slim were pretty close to being HS early entrie both only had a year of College Ball.

Having JT emerge was a very nice step for us. We all loved seeing the guy come out of his rookie mistakes and just lite it up.

I wish DJ could replicate that as well. I love his defensive game. Not too many SGs and SFs can average more 1+ bpg, which DJ is very capable of doing.

• Premium Member

Glover is better than he has shown. I believe that he could be the most dominant player on our team but he's being held back by Lonny K. All we can really do is wait to see what Glover is doing after the summer. It may be that he needs to be traded to another team like Chicago or NJ before his dominance can be seen..

It's absurd to blame Lon for Dion not being the player some of us think he's capable of becoming.

Dion showed next to no effort on defense and showed absolutely no effort to change his habits.

DJ worked his butt off in practice, worked his butt off in the games and Lon rewarded him with a starting job.

Dion deserved no such treatment because his play was lazy and uninspiring.

Bashing Lon for Dion's lack of a role is pretty low and makes you look pretty stupid.

It's hard to play Dion when he can't play a full season in the

league.

But Dermarr I expect something from.He should be working out

with Nique and if Nique can't help a players offense,it will be a

tough road for DJ because no many were better at offense.

I have to admit I am only lukewarm on DG. But we have to take a risk and see if he improves btwn games 1 and 82 this season. I could care less about this years playoffs anyway so what do we have to lose. Besides How many injuries can he sustain. But your a hundred percent right about slim he need to work with someone like Nique. He showed such potential at the end of last season You have to believe. Remember people in toront thought he wash a flop until his 3rd year. Shows what they know.

Well Babs should have allowed Nique to work with the team

last season.Niques slight cockiness and confidence will surely

rub off on Dermarr....Or atleast I would think.

DJ and Nique are a lot different. Nique was a primary option on mostly one horse teams. He shot the ball a TON and had the ball almost every time down the court but had realitivly poor ast numbers. DJ needs to develop into a Scottie Pippen type player who is a sidekick but can do everything well.

What about confidence on the offensive end?DJ doesn't have

that type of confidence right now...NIQUE had it.I expect DJ

to pick up on Niques attitude.DJ lacks confidence....so naturally

you get him around a proven player that has it.

This is one reason why former players should be coaches....Instill

confidence into young players.