• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel answers the JJ vs. Smitty question.

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you really want to answer it, put each player in the others shoes.

Smith lacked atheletic explosion but he was a better up court passer and he had a strong postup game (ask Kobe Bryant about this). On this team, Smith would be the same guy as JJ except instead of scoring from everywhere, I see Smith going to the low post. The problem is that without other shooters on the team, our opponents would collapse on Smitty and render him useless.

JJ With Deke and Mookie would be in heaven. JJ can score from outside. He would also be able to put the ball on the floor and score from all over. His speed would make him a cruel punishment for teams who try to single cover him.. but with Mookie on the court, they have to respect JJ. The biggest advantage would be on defense. Where unlike Smitty, JJ has the latteral footspeed to stay with his man. JJ is not a great defender and he's barely good... but Deke would make him better!

So all in all, I think it would be a wash. Smith could step out and hit shots but his bread & butter post up game would be hurt with this team. Smith would make some of the younger players better because Smith was a smarter passer.

JJ would be able to do all the things that Smitty did plus he played better defense. I think JJ could be counted on for more scores but he would have a hard time getting everybody involved like Smitty..

• Moderators

Smitty was playing on 50 win teams with the Hawks so that may be the difference but Smitty got to the line. JJ just rarely gets any calls at all. Smitty grabbing his arm at the line is etched in my memory forever although I don't remember what the signified.

here's the head to head matchup between the 99 Hawks and the 06 Hawks!

It's a barnburner in OT!!

smitty-jj-h2h.GIF

Then again.. this hardly answers anything.

smitty-jj-h2h2.gif

This one shows JJ as a little more dominant. What's really surprising to me is that the 06 Hawks are 2-0 so far. Should I pick a different year for the 90s hawks? I chose that one at random.

Quote:

God Yes! Laphonso Ellis and Anthony Johnson? Mark West? Shammond Williams? Let me think about this for a minute.

I love the fantasy sim. I'm going to do it soon. Thanks for the link in the other post.

Take a peek at the Hoops Dynasty game. It's fantastic. I have 2 teams.