• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AOL: Hawks ARE on the market

hds428

link color=red>

"...The potential sale (of Warner's book publishing division), at a time when many media companies are short on cash and buyers are scarce, underscores the pressure on AOL Time Warner to pare its $26 billion debt. Its book publishing division is the latest of several branches of the company to sprout a for-sale sign. The company also is trying to divest its three Atlanta sports teams and its interests in at least two cable channels."

He was on 680 The Fan the other day talking and he said that there is NO chance he will buy the Hawks. He said that his wife wouldn't stand for him buying a second franchise. You'd think it might be different for a guy with Blank's bank account but I guess most of us married men have to consult with the wife on major purhases. I know I did when purchasing my home theater system!

I think my biggest concern is the thought of the Charlotte Hawks. Neither AOL nor the city of Atlanta has really any revenue to lose by the Hawks migrating to Charlotte or back to St Louis. And if Larry Bird (or whomever) wanted a team in CHA, Stern could let the Hawks relocate and avoid further thinning the already thin talent pool with expansion. We should be careful what we wish for, we might get it.

If I had the money, I would buy this team, because the price won't get any lower. You have a new arena and an area of the country where many pro athletes are comfortable living. All you need is the right leadership to make this team successful. You could get this team at a bargain price and turn it into a riduculous profit.