• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tank or NO Tank...

Diesel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Oden isn't in the draft then I do not want to tank. He will be though so I still would support tanking. However, if this team is serious about competing every night now.

They can at the very least make a run for the 8th seed. Just put themselves in position for it and make that pick non-top 10. Then I will get off the tank the season bandwagon.

I am getting tired of this team showing signs of being a good team. Then all of the sudden forget how to play. I know the team is young. It is time for some consistency now.

• Premium Member

This is probably the most relevant question about this draft. IF Oden doesn't come out...

The possibilities become:

1. Durant

2. Noah

3. Horford

I doubt Thabeet and Wright leave after one year. Jianlian may not be able to come over. That leaves the only true bigs that the Hawks to get being Noah and Gray..... That changes the complexion of the draft a lot.

The other hidden nugget is that if Phoenix doesn't get our pick this year.. They will certainly get it next year...

Then there's the team's Psyche, confidence....

• Premium Member

Well, first off, the poll shows how unimportant the whole tank argument becomes without Oden.

Secondly, as I said.. I don't know Oden personally. Let's wait until March 1 and I will accept or not accept the bet. By then, Somebody would have asked him!

3rdly...

Are you the only one who would tank without Oden being present?

Hello Gray!

• Premium Member

That's my feeling as well.

Walter believes that Woody can start playing Joe and Smoove 24 minutes per game, trade Lue and somehow... the players would not realize that we were tanking???

If us getting Oden were guaranteed, I would be all for tanking. However, we can't even guarantee that Oden will leave college this year. Then on top of that, if he does leave, we have at best a 25% chance of getting him.

Sorry.. But I'd rather our team gain confidence and learn to win and Players want to be here than to risk it all on somebody who's not even guaranteed to come out!

Quote:

Secondly, as I said.. I don't know Oden personally. Let's wait until March 1 and I will accept or not accept the bet. By then, Somebody would have asked him!

Diesel just ran from his own bet within exactly 1 hour!

Holy [censored] that's funny!

Diesel, I was wrong, you do have a monopoly on the absurd. No one can keep up with you. This is definately going on the ledger!

W

• Premium Member

Man up Walter...

Gird up your baby Loins and take my bet....

Prove to your Tank buddies that you believe. Instead of constant excuse after excuse about how it's was not about Oden...

If you believe ODEN is coming out...

And you believe we must tank for our shot at him.

Then certainly you believe that the team with the worse record will get the first pick..

Otherwise, it shouldn't matter where in the lottery we fall...right?

Right now we're closer to the 8th spot than we are in position to get a top 3 pick.

Yet the real "fans" of this team are still persistent with this stupid tanking theory.

It's completely pointless because there is no way in hell our players would agree to this.

And if we did suck that much they might not want to re-sign which doesn't exactly help us.

I personally believe if we can just stay healthy we have a legit shot at the 8th spot.

We just have to survive the month of February. March and April are a lot friendlier on paper.

& I've offered sever bets indicating confidence that your plan will work and ownership will somehow spend to improve this team. I've even asked you what if anything you are willing to bet on about how much this ownership will spend this offseason. Will they spend even the MLE? How close if any cløser will they get to the cap? If you aren't willing to bet on this AT ALL, not even one aspect of your plan, then it can't be much of a plan.

Regardless, I've taken the Oden challenge. You redoubled the challenge several times but when it comes time for yourself to take it you defer to "when he's asked by somebody". Man, that's pathetic.

W

I made the challenge first and then for NO REASON you went and changed not only the bet but the NATURE OF the bet. I bet on one aspect of my plan, you bet on one aspect of your plan. That's how it goes. Grow some or [censored] off.

W

• Premium Member

First off, I know Ownership is not spending 8 million regardless of what Levenson say So that's a fools bet.

However.... I think you're running scared from the very thing you promote daily.

Daily you promote tanking. The very purpose of tanking is to make your record as bad as possible. IF YOU WALTER don't believe that Tanking will get us the goal... even 50%... then that makes you a hypocrite... I mean, you won't even put 20 dollars on that bet... WHY??? Cause you a punk?

SO far, 83% of the board says without Oden, there's no reason to tank... Therefore, a great percentage of HS says the only reason to tank is to get Oden... We all know that if Oden comes out, he's going first... So let's stop all the shananongins...

Bet my bet!

I made the bet first...

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....p;fpart=#192540

So when you see Diesel not only changing the bet but changing the nature of it to exclude his betting FOR an aspect of his plan and then still chickening out, realize this is where it all embarrasingly started for him.

Quote:

First off, I know Ownership is not spending 8 million regardless of what Levenson say So that's a fools bet.

Then how are we going to SIGNIFICANTLY improve this team? WHAT IF ANYTHING ARE YOU WILLING TO BET ON ABOUT YOUR "PLAN"?

Quote:

IF YOU WALTER don't believe that Tanking will get us the goal... even 50%... then that makes you a hypocrite...

I believe tanking will "get us the goal" far more likely than not tanking will, especially without spending to the cap (which you conceed).

Your lame ass bet isn't about "getting us the goal" it's just about the worst team getting the number 1 pick. Hell, we already KNOW the exact odds of that. Big [censored] deal! I simply want to keep our pick (necessarily top 3). For me that is "getting the goal".

W

Quote:

Yet the real "fans" of this team are still persistent with this stupid tanking theory.

We are getting our players back healthy. We just had our first winning month in 3 years. JJ has been playing like an All-Star. Smoove averaged 20/10 at the 4 over a span of 5 games. Marvin is finally getting his shot going.

yet all Walter and CBA want to talk about is tanking. Sad

Quote:

Right now we're closer to the 8th spot than we are in position to get a top 3 pick.

It's completely pointless because there is no way in hell our players would agree to this.

And if we did suck that much they might not want to re-sign which doesn't exactly help us.

I personally believe if we can just stay healthy we have a legit shot at the 8th spot.

We just have to survive the month of February. March and April are a lot friendlier on paper.

Great post BusBoy...Tanking is a fu**ing ridiculous concept anyways...I'm embarassed that our fans are even discussing this.

Please go support another team. Anyone who wants to tank is a disgrace.

Quote:

Quote:

Great post BusBoy...Tanking is a fu**ing ridiculous concept anyways...I'm embarassed that our fans are even discussing this.

Please go support another team. Anyone who wants to tank is a disgrace.

the team was looking pretty bad before Smoove and Marvin hit their stride. even with them playing well as of this second the team is in no man's land. they'll need to continue this hot streak to get out of the bottom 10.