• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tank or NO Tank...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Walter, now it's 85% of Hawksquawk who says without Oden, there's no need to tank.

If you truly believe Tanking will get us a game changing superstar BIG... Then take the bet Walter... It's 2 parts.

1. Oden comes out.

2. The worse record gets the first pick...

Or will you continue to be a HYPOCRITE?

Stop running hypocrite!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Just 3 of you guys??

Last time I looked, there were about 5 or 6 of you who said we must tank...

Now, when a real question comes to the table, where's your support?

Could it be that people are starting to see that with our players (JJ, JC, JS, Lue, and even MW) healthy that we are a decent team? I mean, we Dominanted Orlando twice...

Tank talk doesn't make much sense when there's no guarantees Walter.

Quote:

Quote:

Yet the real "fans" of this team are still persistent with this stupid tanking theory.

We are getting our players back healthy. We just had our first winning month in 3 years. JJ has been playing like an All-Star. Smoove averaged 20/10 at the 4 over a span of 5 games. Marvin is finally getting his shot going.

yet all Walter and CBA want to talk about is tanking. Sad

Also, Chillz is at his best. On friday, we'll have our top6 players playing together for the first time. You need to tell all these players to play WWF for 40 games. If you have fans like these why do you make a thread about Phoenix trolls?

...you'd bet on, Diesel?

a) You won't bet against Oden coming out after you said you would.

b) You only agree to bet that the worst team won't get the top pick which is not only a fixed 25% percentage MORON but a moot point (since I only care to win top 3, keep our pick, and do with it what we will).

c) You won't comment on my wager that you bet on some aspect of YOUR "PLAN" save that you conceed ownership won't spend $8 million this offseason effectively eliminating an impact player. When I ask you if there is ANY and I mean A-N-Y thing about your plan you would bet on you give me radio silence "I can't understand you Walter. Speak up. We must have a bad connection. Uh. (crackle, crackle...Diesel wadding up paper) You're breaking up. I don't understand what you mean by "backing up some part of my own plan"? You mean with actual hard earned money? My "plan"? Any aspect. Again, you're breaking up. Can't...understand (crackle, crackle...more paper)"!?!

Now, I don't care about your GD hypothetical because YOU WON'T EVEN BET UPON IT OCCURING! You won't bet on it even when your reputation suffers because you've promised to bet on it. Your hypothetical is so unlikely that you, the ego of Hawksquawk, won't bet on it an spare your psyche. How can we take your hypothetical seriously? How can we take your plan seriously? When you respectively won't bet on either AT ALL REMOTELY. How can we take you seriously "Mr. Modern Day Malone". How?

W

• Premium Member

Walt, have you forgot my plan so soon???

Let me remind you:

REMEMBER THE PLAN

Let's get some highlights... Shall we:

Quote:

We All know how this will play out Walter...

When Lue and Smoove are back and this team is playing better.... YOU WILL DO A DISAPPEARING ACT... Just like you always do. Then you may show up if we lose. Or if we make the playoffs, you will come back saying something different than you are saying today.

However, let me make this real easy for you.

Quote:

We are not going to contend with this team EVER and we cannot improve it significantly save through the lottery as our current ownership is not going to spend.

This is the same stupid argument that we heard when we went to the lottery for Marvin. How's that working??

Walter, I know this... if we did tank the season, fire everybody. Hire new people, and drafted a top 3 pick, you would still think that the Hawks suck. IN my many years here on Hawksquawk and on AA, I never remember a time when you actually liked anything the Hawks did except trading away Smith for JJ and JR.... That's a fact.

You didn't like us picking Chillz.

You didn't like us picking Shelden.

You didn't like us picking Marvin.

You didn't like us trading for JJ.

You didn't like us getting Speedy.

You didn't like Lenny.

You didn't like us winnig 50 every year. As I recall, you would say we have won nothing of importance.

Walter, you are just the ANTIHAWK Fan and it seems like you have been on the wrong side of History this while time.

Presently,

We're hurt. We have had injuries to our starters and key reserves.

It's hard to rate this team based on how injured we have been. I think however, that we can look at some of the individual play. Lue played Well, Smoove played Well... Unfortunately, those are the two injured players. Shelden has had some good games for a Rookie, but he's still injured too. JJ has been hurt. Speedy has been injured. But we're just tugging on along right now.

Let's not forget which side of history you've been on Walter.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right now we're closer to the 8th spot than we are in position to get a top 3 pick.

Yet the real "fans" of this team are still persistent with this stupid tanking theory.

It's completely pointless because there is no way in hell our players would agree to this.

And if we did suck that much they might not want to re-sign which doesn't exactly help us.

I personally believe if we can just stay healthy we have a legit shot at the 8th spot.

We just have to survive the month of February. March and April are a lot friendlier on paper.

Great post BusBoy...Tanking is a fu**ing ridiculous concept anyways...I'm embarassed that our fans are even discussing this.

Please go support another team. Anyone who wants to tank is a disgrace.

the team was looking pretty bad before Smoove and Marvin hit their stride. even with them playing well as of this second the team is in no man's land. they'll need to continue this hot streak to get out of the bottom 10.

Honestly, what the hell is the point in being a "fan" of a team if you are actually cheering for them to LOSE.

I think by definition, that actually makes you NOT a fan.

What an incredibly stupid concept.

The whole world and Mars knows even with this team healthy it's not remotely a title contender. It's more blah, blah, blah from you. Again, you've conceeded ownership won't spend near $8 million or near to the cap. How will this team significantly improve itself and how will you bet to suggest you actually believe the BS that is common from your finger tips without spending? You've run silent from every mention of you putting your money where your mouth is about your "plan".

Fact is, a healthy current hawks team would be a title contender with Oden, a potential one with Durant & a move or two, and possibly one with the 3rd overall pick (Thabeet, trade, or something), but as it stands now it's still a 30 win team. If I wanted plans on how to build 30 win teams I'd call up BK.

W

Ok.. Walter, let's hear your plan if we don't get the #1. Who will we trade for and what will we get if we get Durant? What will we trade and what is a logical trade for someone we could get if we get the #3?? I'd like to know.

Keep in mind you have already stated that we CAN'T spend money so don't try and trade for a star.. Lets hear it.

Quote:

Who will we trade for and what will we get if we get Durant?

Simply it works like this. Whatever trade for a big you can think of, we can do with Durant only we can do it and have Durant on the team as the 2nd, eventual 1st option. So, I assume you want a big. Tell me how you would get one and I simply say, great idea. Now would you prefer Durant or nobody along with that big?

I believe for the right price alot of bigs could be had..for MW/SW we could possibly get Darko or Biedrins, Nene for less, Diop possibly, Mihm possibly, Kaman if we send Speedy/ZaZa/MW, even Bogut might be available. Might find out that instead of Durant we can trade the rights to Durant for Dwight Howard. There are so many possibilities and realize a FA would rather play with a Durant than no Durant. They knøw this kid is something special.

Quote:

Keep in mind you have already stated that we CAN'T spend money so don't try and trade for a star.. Lets hear it.

I've stated I think we can spend up to the MLE. I would not exceed that amount.

W

Quote:

I believe for the right price alot of bigs could be had..for MW/SW we could possibly get Darko or Biedrins, Nene for less, Diop possibly, Mihm possibly, Kaman if we send Speedy/ZaZa/MW, even Bogut might be available.

Biedrins for MW and Shelden?? What are you smoking?? BTW he's due for a big contract pretty soon. Nene and Kaman make 60 million!!! I thought we couldn't spend money??

Mihm?? Diop?? DARKO?? Ahahahahaha Walter I am seriously dying over here. You actually think one of these can get us past mediocrity??? If anything they will KEEP us from even getting TO mediocrity!! What a horrible argument..

Quote:

instead of Durant
we can trade the rights to Durant for Dwight Howard

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! Walter you officially need to go to rehab because you are smoking crack.

Quote:

I've stated I think we can spend up to the MLE. I would not exceed that amount.

W

So Nene and Kaman make the MLE?? I didn't know that. Do you expect Biedrins, Darko to get the MLE?? Didn't think so. Mihm and Diop are complete nonfactors I can't believe you even brought them up. I'd rather take my chances with Solomon.

• Premium Member

Sure it's a plan... The plan is this:

Win and make people want to be here. People being Our own players & FAs...

Your plan is to simply tell the team screw you, you suck, these college kids are better than you and without these college kids you're nothing.

What a plan???

Quote:

the team was looking pretty bad before Smoove and Marvin hit their stride. even with them playing well as of this second the team is in no man's land. they'll need to continue this hot streak to get out of the bottom 10.

This team was looking bad because they weren't on the freaking floor! THis team hasn't been healthy all year. We finally have health and guess what? We're winning!

If we keep doing it there is no way we will be stuck in the bottom 10. In fact Im willing to bet if we could make it out hte next month .500 or barely below we would only be a couple games out the playoffs with some very favorable months on our schedule near the end.

Quote:

Quote:

Quit all the negativity, we have a legit shot to win 40 games and steal the 8th seed if we stay healthy

To win 40 we'd have to win at a higher rate than any team in the eastern conference has won so far.

Not happening. We could end up in the mid 30s though.

if we win ~60% of our remaining games, that's 40 wins. (23-15 for the rest of the season.) 60% is our win percentage for our last ten games, so it's certainly not unthinkable!

Going .500 the rest of the way puts us at 36.

1st

Durant will be an immediate freakish impact player like Carmelo or Lebrøn. I'd trade Howard for Lebron and it would be close for Carmelo. Some people are sophisticated to realize this. Others just show their ass. Looks like you're the later.

2nd

All those bigs mentioned, Darko, Nene, Mihm, Kaman would be playing WITH DURANT who unfortunately you have either not seen play or are too dumb to recognize for the talent he is. With Durant you can contend with merely a good center and without a dominant center. He's THAT good. Watch a game or two and after you pick up your jaw maybe you can apologize to me and Durant.

W