• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HawkSquawk Pick-Up Game?

ATL_BALLER

I can run approximately 5 feet before collapsing and dying. Also, Stevie Wonder probably has a better shot than me. I'd love to come meet some of you guys though.

Quote:

Sweet, Ex - when are you coming?

I like to THINK I can play - I call my jumper "The Georgia Floater".

I don't have any firm plans. One of my friends has been bugging me awhile to come down. I probably won't be able to make it until march at the earliest.

I live in South Georgia so just let me know when you might want to do this. I'm playing in the city leagues right now so my endurance is about as good as it's gonna' be. I played 7 straight minutes last night for my longest stint of the season.

I play for fun at least 2 times a week. I am 6'4 185 lbs, but i like to shoot the 3 ball though. I would definetly want to play with yall, sign me up. I will break Diesel's both ankles, hahaha... JK i am not that quick though. I still can't dunk, but i can get up high and block some shots. I am everywhere, i compare my self to Kirlenko. I look a lot like him. I even have the same haircut as AK47 and we are both europeans.

Quote:

I'm playing in the city leagues right now so my endurance is about as good as it's gonna' be. I played 7 straight minutes last night for my longest stint of the season.

I haven't played full court in pver a year but i run 3 miles 5 times a week so i might have you beat in the endurance dept. Just maybe.

Hey MW24, im about 6'5/6'6 and i play a couple times a week at ga state. They all call me either dirk or larry bird because of the way i play and look. (i ain't as ugly as bird though, just the hair)

I'm definately down for a pick up game. Sundays work really well for me. Would it be in Atlanta?

I'm up for a game on the weekend sometime here in Atlanta or anywhere pretty close by (marietta, roswell, gwinett maybe, etc). I usually play pick-up games at the YMCA once or twice a week. This would be fun.

Also, does anyone know of any public basketball leagues in Atlanta? The only ones I have ever heard people talk about are church leagues. I'd love to play competitive ball but I don't know how to find a league.

I played in a company league when i was with BCBS near Lenox Mall. It was pretty lame though. Guys get so petty worrying about how many minutes they are playing or how many points they are scoring.

Plus it was like hardly playing. Even when I played the whole game i felt like i wanted to keep playing afterwards. It was like going to play pickup ball and then leaving after one game. Sometimes i would go running after a game because it felt like i hadn't had a workout.

I like pickup games a lot better.

maybe so, but I also run on off nights on my eliptical for 30 minutes a day so my endurance is pretty good and running for exercise is a little different than running in a basketball game. You tend to push yourself harder for spurts rather than pace yourself. That's why I listen to my Ipod when I run. Faster songs or faster parts of songs, I run faster.