• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Not trying to be negitive

Plainview1981

Quote:

The fans do not come out and see bad teams no matter what sport it is in Atlanta. The Braves and Falcons went through the same thing. Once the Hawks put together a winning team, the fans will show up. I was born and raised in Atlanta and I remember the Omni packed to see the Hawks on a nightly basis. Yes, we had a recognizable superstar in Nique, but we also had good teams and better yet winning teams. Although we have a star in JJ, the average person walking the streets in Atlanta do not know who he is because he does not get the "star" publicity from the media.

Atlanta is just most other cities. I live in Charlotte now and I remember when Charlotte led the league in attentance year after year. They had good teams and they were winning. Now they are below Atlanta in attendance because people do not want to spend the money to see a bad team night after night with an occasional win here and there.

Keep the Hawks in the ATL and put a winning team on the floor the city can be proud of and the fans will fill the Phil.

Please. The Suns were on national TV and nearly got to the NBA finals when JJ was on the team. People know who he is.

It doesn't matter what happend in the 80's. It holds next to nothing in meaning now.

People only turned on the Hornets because the owner got cheap.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Check ANY TEAM in the league who was horrible for 7 years and still sold out and had lots of fans consistently.

Try the Nuggets, Clippers, Kings back in the day, the Mavericks, the Heat, Orlando, check out ALL those teams before they were winning, it's the SAME situation..

As to your little "Kings" comment, why don't you check their attendance in the mid 90s before they went to the playoffs and had been horrible for many years..

It's not all about attendance. The Atlanta crowd is a passionless and emotionless bunch. It was shown at the allstar game even. I remember people talking about how dead the Atlanta crowd was.

Like I said, everybody realizes it but the people on this board.

On the same token, find any of THOSE teams that was emotional while their team was losing..

Did you not see the Falcons atmosphere when we went to the playoffs? They were considering us as one of the most feared stadiums but of course you will disregard that..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Check ANY TEAM in the league who was horrible for 7 years and still sold out and had lots of fans consistently.

Try the Nuggets, Clippers, Kings back in the day, the Mavericks, the Heat, Orlando, check out ALL those teams before they were winning, it's the SAME situation..

As to your little "Kings" comment, why don't you check their attendance in the mid 90s before they went to the playoffs and had been horrible for many years..

It's not all about attendance. The Atlanta crowd is a passionless and emotionless bunch. It was shown at the allstar game even. I remember people talking about how dead the Atlanta crowd was.

On the same token, find any of THOSE teams that was emotional while their team was losing..

Did you not see the Falcons atmosphere when we went to the playoffs? They were considering us as one of the most feared stadiums but of course you will disregard that..

What's the excuse for the allstar game in Atlanta? All the fans were sick that night?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's the excuse for the allstar game in Atlanta? All the fans were sick that night?

You didn't answer my question..

Quote:

Again, how many games do you attend? The fans will show when they have a reason to buy the product. They will get emotionally invested at games when there is a reason to do so...

If they can't show any emotion when almost all the best players are on the court at the same, when are they going to show emotion?

I don't attend any games because I don't care to go to the city.

By the way, Hotlanta, I need to bring up another of your brilliant "positions" that turned out 100% wrong and makes you look more foolish by the day.

Remember your passionate ripping of everything Josh Smith back in November? How you kept saying he was overrated and wouldn't amount to anything substantial? At the ripe old age of 20, you had concluded that nothing you saw in his game warranted high hopes...you basically said he had no reasonable hope of living up to what this board saw as his upside.

Less than 3 months later you have been proven wrong in a huge way. Your gloom and doom over Smoove was about as off the mark as any I have seen on this board.

Care to respond?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You didn't answer my question..

I already did... The Atlanta fans go to games for Vick. We'll see how many fans show up if Vick is gone.

This is ridculous do you honestly think if the Hawks had a great team and say we got a guy like Chris Paul instead of Marvin the fans wouldnt fill the arena? A team of Paul JJ Smoove and who ever else wouldnt fill the arena every night your crazy.... The city of Atlanta is dying for a great basketball team. Atlanta has many rap stars and movie stars it has deep roots with many celebrites like other big cities. Many Hawks fans have been fans for many years since the Nique era and they have seen this franchise in the good times and in the bad times. But people arent going to spend there money to see a team lose all the time. I remeber the OMNI center selling out for so many years in a row the fans will come if we are winning no doubt about that. I guarntee if the Hawks were a top 5 team in the east and a playoff team with the right players on this team we would be one of the hottest tickts in town every night and sell out. Earlier in the year the Phillip's Arena was selling out because we got off to a hot start and everyone expected alot but once they realized we drafted two busts and have a horrible coach they stopped showing up. What sucks is the future looks bad because of horrible management and drafting. I can not emphaize any harder how much the Marvin Williams pick set this franchise back everytime I see Chris Paul and Deron Williams make the players around them better and there teams its just too much bare. Then the Hawks go ahead and draft another 6'8 forward who is worse then Marvin. Not only do they draft another forward but they guarntee him the pick w/o working him out??? WTF!! Only the Hawks and BK folks. How good we would be right now if we traded that pick to the mid-teens to get Rondo or Marcus Williams. We are where we are as franchise due to bad management and drafting because with the right moves this team would be right there as one of the best in the league. This team needs to build JJ Smoove and Chill the people of Atlanta are dying for a great basketball team if only the Hawks organzation could make the right moves we would have one already.

Quote:

By the way, Hotlanta, I need to bring up another of your brilliant "positions" that turned out 100% wrong and makes you look more foolish by the day.

Remember your passionate ripping of everything Josh Smith back in November? How you kept saying he was overrated and wouldn't amount to anything substantial? At the ripe old age of 20, you had concluded that nothing you saw in his game warranted high hopes...you basically said he had no reasonable hope of living up to what this board saw as his upside.

Less than 3 months later you have been proven wrong in a huge way. Your gloom and doom over Smoove was about as off the mark as any I have seen on this board.

Care to respond?

Let me know when Josh Smith puts together an entire good year. Playing well for half a season doesn't really count. He's done it before.

Where was his production before the Hawks got 10-15 games under .500 and the games actually mean't something?

With every post you lose more cred...keep them coming. BTW, a lot of fans HATE Vick. They want to see Schaub and think Vick is not a QB. The Vick thing wore off a long time ago.

Your living deep in the past. And the Dome is still packed...many who would rather Vick be someplace else.

Oh, and Josh Smith is already having a good "year". What else would you like him to do? By next year he will be an 18/10 player at age 22. And you had the foresight to write him off. Any other brilliant pronouncements you would like to make?

Quote:

With every post you lose more cred...keep them coming. BTW, a lot of fans HATE Vick. They want to see Schaub and think Vick is not a QB. The Vick thing wore off a long time ago.

Your living deep in the past. And the Dome is still packed...many who would rather Vick be someplace else.

We'll see when Vick is gone. I promise you that they will not have near the sellouts.

Quote:

Oh, and Josh Smith is already having a good "year". What else would you like him to do? By next year he will be an 18/10 player at age 22. And you had the foresight to write him off. Any other brilliant pronouncements you would like to make?

Like I said, where was the production when the Hawks were actually in a playoff race? it's funny. The samething happens every single year. The so called young and upcoming stars stink it up in November-most of Jan and the Hawks end up 10-20 games under .500 and all of a sudden the guys start putting up numbers(Smooves numbers aren't translating to wins anyway) about the same time.

Why does this process keep repeating it's self?

Smith was playing with a Hernia for the 1st two months of the season. Not making excuses just saying maybe that effected his game because he looks like a totally different player post surgery. He is playing the best basketball of his young career. I dont think Smith is the one you want to put blame on for the Hawks losing he was not the one taken 2nd or 5th overall in back 2 back lottery drafts.

Smoove is not the only piece to this puzzle. So, his production isn't translating to wins? The Hawks are 9-9 in their last 18, hardly great but well above our standards. Second, the club won't win as constructed. No PG. No inside presence. Terrible head coach. The list goes on. All Smith can do is play his ass off and he is doing it.

The fact that you are even debating Josh Smith's contributions and obvious improvement is proof that your head is somewhere deep and dark. You would have been better off just admitting that Josh Smith is a lot better player than you projected. And, sorry to break this news to you, he is going to get a helluva lot better.

I will answer the all star question. First of all a lot of the people at the all-star game were not from Atlanta. You do realize that this is a national event? A second note (well not a second note it has been repeated time after time in this post alone. It just takes a little comprehension.) The Atlanta Fans don't have anything to cheer for. At the all-star game we would be cheering for another team. Now if we were loud and cheerful at that game I would then question whether or not you were a Hawks fan.

Quote:

Smith was playing with a Hernia for the 1st two months of the season. Not making excuses just saying maybe that effected his game because he looks like a totally different player post surgery. He is playing the best basketball of his young career. I dont think Smith is the one you want to put blame on for the Hawks losing he was not the one taken 2nd or 5th overall in back 2 back lottery drafts.

I'm not putting it all on Josh. I'm saying that the Hawks young players have been unable to put together an entire season.

Quote:

Smoove is not the only piece to this puzzle. So, his production isn't translating to wins? The Hawks are 9-9 in their last 18, hardly great but well above our standards. Second, the club won't win as constructed. No PG. No inside presence. Terrible head coach. The list goes on. All Smith can do is play his ass off and he is doing it.

The fact that you are even debating Josh Smith's contributions and obvious improvement is proof that your head is somewhere deep and dark. You would have been better off just admitting that Josh Smith is a lot better player than you projected. And, sorry to break this news to you, he is going to get a helluva lot better.

Whenever he has a year when he doesn't basically take 2 months off I'll give him his due.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it's funny that you didn't address this comment.

Every time I read this All-Star talk it just makes me shake my head. Do you realize how dumb you sound to think that the only people in attendance at the all-star game were Atlanta fans? I guess the only people at the super bowl were from Miami? I really wish that you would stop and think about what you are saying. Then to repeat it several times gives me the impression that you don't have the ability of forethought. You just wonder aimlessly through life reacting to every word said and every action taken with the first thing that comes to mind. And with the 8 years that you have been on this earth your mind does not seem to have a variaty of first thoughts.