• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Claxton FT % makes him a 'liability' in close game

HAWKS1986

I was a little shocked to see Craig's free throw percentage is below 60%, and that's not a good sign that you very expensive point guard can't even shoot free throws-- especially at the end of the game.. There is absolutely no excuse for that..

Do we put Royal Ivey in for late game situations with less than six minutes to go in a 'contested' game?

I have already conceded Craig isn't a good outside shooter and we may have to live with that, but if he can't hit FREE THROWS, then he needs to sit down..

Quote:

Hawks management is going to have to come to a point that they have made a 'mistake' in regards to Craig, and for this team to get better and have the BEST chance to win, then Claxton needs to sit down or just try to trade him somewhere..

He played awesome tonight except that he missed all of his 5 freethow attemts.

12 points and 10 assists of the bench with great D. What more do you want? monkey.gif

Having your primary ballhandler as a bad FT shooter is how you lose a lot of close games.

I like what Craig brings during the game, but at the end, like the last 5 minutes we need Lue in there. Or if not, just don't give him the damn ball, don't give him a chance to be fouled. Sending Craig to the line is like passing the ball to the other team.

• Premium Member

Speedy actually seems to have the ability to pull in 10 rebs a game... when have we had a PG who could do that??

Plus he plays good defense.

His shooting can be worked on, but I would rather have a good playmaker/defender that we need to work on his shooting than a good shooter who couldn't do those other things.

We need to trade for Jack or Ridnour if we are going to make a big playoff push. Seems like alot of teams announcers say we are a legit PG away from making big noise in the east and I believe it. We beat Utah tommorow we will be right in the mix this team is gaining alot of confidecen and Smoove seems to be growing daily with his offense.

We need our three guards to be rolled into one.

Speedy is, indeed, speedy. He'll pick your pocket so

quick you'd better not blink. Good defense.

Lue is a clutch shooter. He can make THE big shots.

You don't leave him open when the chips are down.

Salim is probably the best free throw man of the three.

His release on his shot is amongst the best.

Wouldn't we love to have a great P.G. with all these

assets in that one player!!

Hawks have it all!!

Problem is, what we need is split up into three parts.

rolleyes.gif

Quote:

We need our three guards to be rolled into one.

Speedy is, indeed, speedy. He'll pick your pocket so

quick you'd better not blink. Good defense.

Lue is a clutch shooter. He can make THE big shots.

You don't leave him open when the chips are down.

Salim is probably the best free throw man of the three.

His release on his shot is amongst the best.

Wouldn't we love to have a great P.G. with all these

assets in that one player!!

Hawks have it all!!

Problem is, what we need is split up into three parts.

rolleyes.gif

Chris Paul.. Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

I just hope Woody learned something about substitutions in that game. He kept Speedy in to try to slow Monta Ellis but he didnt do that since he didnt want a quick foul. Then Woody planned to call the timeout, move the ball up, and take Speedy outta the game. Instead, JSmoove tried to inbound the ball and didnt want to throw it to Speedy so he turned it over. I think Woody should have taken Speedy out earlier. When Lue is back, I'd usually close out games with him on the court, but without Lue, why not close out with Chillz, JJ, Marvin, JSmoove, and a center. Teams seem to sag off Speedy in clutch situations to get him to shoot, which he does too often.