• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks / Jazz

gsuteke

We owe the Jazz one from that 4th quarter collapse that started a spiral in Atlanta a while back.

The Jazz are as hot as the Hawks having won 7 of 10. they miss Carlos Boozer tonight and AK47 is apparently hobbled with some sort of ailment.

We've seen two straight games against teams that focus more on offense than defense. this Utah game will be an entirely different challenge for coach Woodson.

Here's hoping Woody let's the ferraris out of the garage again tonight. I think Marvin can be the key tonight as he has a penchant for getting opposing players in foul trouble.

I know it's a back to back road game but these players are young outside of Ren and Speedy. with a day off between this game and their next against the Clippers let's hope the Hawks leave it all on the floor tonight.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okur vs. Smoove is an interesting matchup if it plays out that way. Mehmet likes to drift to the 3 pt line while Smoove likes to roam the paint. Whoever is on Okur does not need to let that guy have open looks. If memory serves, he absolutely killed us last game with the 3 ball.

I would feel better about our chances if this wasn't our third road game in four days. Joe played all 48 minutes against the Suns on Friday, and now we're going back-to-back, so I expect our jumpshooting to be shaky tonight. And a lot of times we don't have much else. Hopefully we can try to get in transition and attack the basket.

I'm with you. These are exactly the type of games we lose. It infuriates me. We need to get a roll on. The Jazz will be ready to play no matter who steps on the floor for them. I'm more than a little worried our guys will come out flat against what they perceive to be a lesser team.

If we win this game, I will start to lie to myself about the playoffs again. Not really. A kid can dream though, right?

Quote:

Okur vs. Smoove is an interesting matchup if it plays out that way. Mehmet likes to drift to the 3 pt line while Smoove likes to roam the paint. Whoever is on Okur does not need to let that guy have open looks. If memory serves, he absolutely killed us last game with the 3 ball.

he smoked us in the 4th. i was able to see the end of that one.

if he's a typical perimeter oriented Euro player why not put Marvin on him? really. if they move him down low the Hawks can switch.

Boozer is out and AK47 will probably be out too. They played well last time.

We have Lue missing.

Last time we had Lue and Chillz missing.

Therefore, its (+Chillz- AK47-Boozer). Like that equation?

Speedy played suffocating defense on Deron last time.

Deron is talking too much [censored]. Marvin has something to prove. Hope he keeps driving all night. Should be a fun night. :fense3d:

Quote:

Boozer is out and AK47 will probably be out too. They played well last time.

We have Lue missing.

Last time we had Lue and Chillz missing.

Therefore, its (+Chillz- AK47-Boozer). Like that equation?

Speedy played suffocating defense on Deron last time.

Deron is talking too much [censored]. Marvin has something to prove. Hope he keeps driving all night. Should be a fun night. :fense3d:

he's got a chronic knee problem that only rest will help. this will be the 3rd game in 4 nights. I hope Woodson is taking it easy on him in practice.

I was there for that game and that was ugly... I remember listenin' to the talk show on the way home and "Home Team" was killing the Hawks...

I just fear the back-to-back game nights attitude, "Well, we played last night so we're allowed to lose tonight" attitude that the whole NBA seems to adopt except the elite teams...

Okur/Deron killed us last time but we didn't have our whole rotation like we have now (minus Lue)...

Just hoping that we don't get blown out... Good luck Hawks!

Quote:

I would feel better about our chances if this wasn't our third road game in four days. Joe played all 48 minutes against the Suns on Friday, and now we're going back-to-back, so I expect our jumpshooting to be shaky tonight. And a lot of times we don't have much else. Hopefully we can try to get in transition and attack the basket.

I think Marvin will be a big key tonight. JJ seems to be tiring so the Hawks need somebody to step up their scoring besides Smith. Utah isn't that strong on D and this is a game where the Hawks could really use some inside scoring from marvin.

This is a bad game for the Hawks. Back-to-back and a team that matches up very well against us.

If AK-47 is out, then we have a chance, with him in and playing well I don't think we can win it.

Speedy probably shouldn't see much time tonight, but with TLue down we have no other option. Deron will have a field day against Salim and Chill (too skilled for the former and too quick for the latter). Speedy, however, can negate what Deron does.

The way we need to play the Jazz tonight, I think, is use a lot of zones; 2-3 and 3-2. 2-3 negates any post game, and 3-2 once they start shooting. Ren will need to be huge in the paint regardless.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Hawks to win, I just don't think we have much of a chance in this game.

We played real well against the Jazz last game, just got caught in "don't choke" mode and Okur had a career night and they came back on us. I expect us to play well tonite unless we (especially JJ) come out flat. We're due for JJ and Marvin to get their jumpers back, hopefully it'll be tonite. If Speedy doesnt look speedy, put Ivey in, he's a good matchup for Deron. monkey.gif