• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As I see it there are but 2 Pgs worth considering

Guest Walter

with Indy's pick...Dominic James and Acie Law. Has anyone seen these guys play as I have not and what can you tell the forum beyond the stats, write-ups, and rare highlights?

W

I completely agree. I am a WVU and Big East fan and have had the chance to watch Dominic James the past two years and there is no question that he should be our pick, if he comes out this year. He is only a sophmore but his athleticisim rivals Josh Smith's. He is lightning fast, can score many points and gets plenty of assists with his penetrating style. He would be the perfect compliment to this athletic team.

james seems to be having problems with his shot right now, he's been shooting 33% from the field for a while now. he has good athletiscm, but i think law is going to be the special point in this draft. he hits his shots and he shows great leadership on the court. i think he'll be chancey billups but futher along while in the NBA.

Tech's own Crittenton. Even though he is a freshman, he has played the point lately as well as any point guard in college. If Tech makes the NCAA tourney and Crittendon continues his stellar play in the tourney, then he would be a likely 1st rounder in this year's draft. He reminds me of a bigger, more offensively talented, less experienced Jarrett Jack.

Quote:

If Tech makes the NCAA tourney and Crittendon continues his stellar play in the tourney, then he would be a likely 1st rounder in this year's draft.

He'd go higher than our pick. I think it's worth trading up considerably to get him but no way he falls to Indy's pick.

W

I actually believe this is a pretty deep draft for PGs even though everybody is saying it's a bad draft for PGs. I think Law, Augstin, and Collison would make excellent picks for the Hawks. I'm not completely sold on James...haven't seen him play (and everybody says he's impressive to watch) but I'm always wary of a sub 40% shooter in college. I think Crittenton has a lot of possibilities although he's turnover prone. And Mike Conley at Ohio State is playing great although he can't shoot.

It's so not fair we don't have a pick in this year's draft.

I thik there is no chance we can get Law now because of how high his stock is going with how well he's playing and all the pub he's getting.

I would LOVE to have Dominic James. I can't believe I forgot about him.

They were comparing him to Wade last year. He's not as athletic as Wade nor as big, but he's definitely got some game.

He's a guy who can penetrate to the hole which is what we seriously need.

He could take some serious pressure off of JJ, and if he works on his jumper he could be one of the better PGs in this league.

We will def have a chance to get him unless he has a ridiculous tournament.

I've only seen James play once and he had a bad game. I did get to see that he is ultra and is strong enough to get where he wants. But I really don't like drafting players that have low field goal percentages in college. The athletes in the pros are bigger, stronger, faster, longer, smarter, and more athletic. This usually means that your 1st 2 years or so, your field goal percentage goes down. Then you also have to consider that he's shorter than 6 feet. And he's bad free throw shooter.

I'd like to see us go after Acie Law. That guy is a player. He get's knocked for his awkward shot, but it goes in and it's hard to block. He's not the best athlete but like Marcus Williams he knows how to change speeds very well. And he can really pass.

Another guy I really like for the Hawks is Mustafa Shakur. I haven't gotten to see him play this year, but I've seen him play before. He's a great athlete that really pushes the ball and isn't shy about shooting. In that regard he reminded me a little of Gil Arenas. But now he's actually passing and running the team extremly well. For some reason though, he's not very highly thought of by nbadraft.net and draftexpress.net. I think he's gonna be a stud.

1. Acie Law: I really like the kid. Plays with maturity and there is no question he is the leader of the team. I saw him in another close game Saterday vs. Oklahoma. In the last minute of the game he made a heady play:

On the inbounds play Oklahoma had an all out press with no "safety" to protect the rim. Law (the PG) sees this oppurtunity and streaks the floor for a fullcourt outlet pass that resulted in a dunk. Great heady play IN CLUTCH TIME. The guy is an all around player and is very heady. Also pretty atheletic but won't wow you with athletism.

I like his leadership. He plays for ranked team that alwayse finds a way to win a close game due to his leadership. He is the most NBA ready now PG in my opinion.

2. Dominic Davis, 5'11', reminds of a young Damon Stroudamire but with more hops or Nate Robinson with a slightly better shot. The kid is lightning quick, a streaky shooter. He is either hot or cold. Not close to a natural passer, more of a scorer. Saw him have really bad game vs. Georgetown last weekend. He just isn't consistent. Would fit well with Golden State or Phoneix or any team that runs.

3. Crittendon (Ga Tech) - Like Ga Tech's reputation of not being consistent. Reminds of their QB Reggie Ball. Either hot or cold. Loads of potential, I personally don't think he is ready to be the floor general in the NBA. If he is picked it would be for "potential." Great size.

In my opinion this team is ready to take off now. I fear Davis and Crittendon are not ready to step in and start at PG. Much less be the floor general of a playoff team. However, they both have potential. Law, on the other hand can step in and start from day #1. He is so consistent such a leader. Plain and simple, the kid has the 6th sense natural PG's need to have.

Quote:

I actually believe this is a pretty deep draft for PGs even though everybody is saying it's a bad draft for PGs. I think Law, Augstin, and Collison would make excellent picks for the Hawks.

The main issue is how many of these guys actually declare. If Crittenton and Collison come out then we are in good shape.

Frankly i am hoping the Hawks don't make any deals this week and just take their chances with the pick.