• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some of you need to lay off the drugs

Admin

Quote:

As much as Diesel gets on my nerves from time to time, at least he is somewhat able to see positives when they happen, unlike you, the most negative poster on this board.

Please, enlighten me. Tell me specifically, what the positive for this franchise is regarding this deal. Weigh it against the negatives. Do it. I dare you. You couldn't spit shine this deal as good.

I've been right about BK's moves a whole hell-of-a-lot more frequently than you. So bring it rather than slingin' it. What so positive about this move? Compare and contrast.

W

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

why don't you do us all a favor and take your ball and go home AGAIN. I'm sure Diesel could make that happen AGAIN.

As much as Diesel gets on my nerves from time to time, at least he is somewhat able to see positives when they happen, unlike you, the most negative poster on this board.

Walter is in pain. He was hoping Speedy get injured and he can start preaching tanking again. Be easy on him. He doesn't want to see those close games going to us instead of our opponents. If we had AJ all year, we would have won all those close games that Selim/Ivey and Bozemon cost us. Walter hates any playoff exposure to our young players. No contamination of their soul.

Trading for Anthony Johnson is hardly a sign that your not tanking. I don't think the Hawks are, but this move doesn't suggest they're going all out for a playoff spot.

Quote:

Thats as SIMPLE as I can make it for you to understand my position.

Quote:

I absolutely guarantee that the Hawks will be a better team this year with AJ because of his veteran leadership and experience. He will also make us better in the long run because of his veteran leadership.

Tell me exactly what you are guaranteeing.

What? A .025 winning % increase? .050? .075? What exactly does and "absolute guarantee" (seems strong) mean this year in terms of winning percentage.

We have a .390 winning percentage now. March and April schedules are relatively easy and we're as healthy as we've been this year. I expect our team will at least finish with a .410 winning percentage withøut AJ. What are you saying specifically? Will it be any higher than say .410 with AJ?

W

Quote:

Quote:

Please, enlighten me. Tell me specifically, what the positive for this franchise is regarding this deal. Weigh it against the negatives. Do it. I dare you. You couldn't spit shine this deal as good.

Scroll up, it's right there in print.

1.) He's a vet. He might lend a steady hand for the kids on this team.

2.) He keeps Salim off the floor and limits Speedy's minutes.

3.) If he turns out to be the Indiana Pacer version of AJ, then we obviouly benefit.

And so what if he managed only 3.8 ppg? I'm pleasantly surprised he managed that much, considering he plays for a Mavs team neck deep in depth.

Quote:

1.) He's a vet. He might lend a steady hand for the kids on this team.

Quote:

2.) He keeps Salim off the floor and limits Speedy's minutes.

Doesn't Ivey do the same and wouldn't a Pg prospect like Ridnour do the same?

Quote:

3.) If he turns out to be the Indiana Pacer version of AJ, then we obviouly benefit.

& if he looks like the version of AJ throughout the rest of his career we don't.

W

which is strange because teams weren't calling us trying to get him in a trade ... the Mavs gave up a PG and preferred to get a draft pick to a PG ... but you are right though, I'm sure that Ivey could score 40 in a game like AJ did in the playoffs last year.

Quote:

which is strange because teams weren't calling us trying to get him in a trade ... the Mavs gave up a PG and preferred to get a draft pick to a PG ... but you are right though, I'm sure that Ivey could score 40 in a game like AJ did in the playoffs last year.

At one point you should realize that there is no point talking to W. He will just repeat what he already said.

Quote:

Doesn't Ivey do the same and wouldn't a Pg prospect like Ridnour do the same?

AJ > Ivey. And Ivey is more or less an irrelevant player for the Hawks. AJ will play a larger role than Ivey could ever dream of (hopefully).

And of course anyone would have preferred Ridnour over AJ. But at this point, Ridnour is irrelevant to this conversation, because he is not with us.

Quote:

& if he looks like the version of AJ throughout the rest of his career we don't.

W

You're delving into the realm of "what if?" here, as I did earlier. Of course its hard to know what we can expect from a journeyman like AJ. But if he gets the minutes like he did in Indiana -- and his first season in Sac. --, then I fully expect AJ to produce similar numbers.

AJ's career numbers are 5.8 ppg and 2.8 apg, with 1 turnover. He has never averaged 1 steal, he is a career 41% shooter. Add that to Speedy's 33% field goals on the season, and it pretty much negates the assists.

I'm not saying AJ won't help, I honestly don't know, but I do know that I'd rather have the 2.8 million and a high 2nd. There are high 2nd's that turn out to be very valuable EVERY year..

I agree with you. While everyone on here was hoping the team would trade for the no defense playing Luke Ridnour, I was hoping they would trade for a guy like Anthony Johnson. My preference was actually Chucky Atkins from Memphis, but I'm more than happy with the trade for AJ. Johnson played very well for Indiana and was the best of their point guards overall. The important thing to me is that he is a hard nosed defensive player.

Is he a long term solution? No, but Luke Ridnour wouldn't have been a long term solution either. Right now, we simply have to hope that we can get a guy like Acie Law, Darren Collison, Dominic James, or perhaps Ramon Sessions in the draft with Indiana's pick. If not one of them, maybe there will be a solid defensive big man available that is worth the pick.

I'm ecstatic that they didn't give up anything of value to get Luke Ridnour. He simply wouldn't have made that much of an impact on this team due to his lack of defensive ability. Fans only want the up tempo style. You have to play defense to win in the NBA though, and just because you focus on defense doesn't mean you will not play an up tempo style. In fact, I think better perimeter defense will create more fast break opportunities.

Quote:

Right now, we simply have to hope that we can get a guy like Acie Law, Darren Collison, Dominic James, or perhaps Ramon Sessions in the draft with Indiana's pick.

I can't wait until BK drafts another 6'9 player and watch you completely change your mind and jump on BK's bandwagon.

Quote:

I'm ecstatic that they didn't give up anything of value to get Luke Ridnour.

I do actually agree about Ridnour, I would love to have him, but not at a high price. His offense would suffer in expense of his defense.