• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should resign Wilks?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Reason being, somebody else might scoop him up. We should also resign Benjamin to another 10 day contract. At this point, I would eat Ira's contract if he were to suddenly be healthy. I would definitely use him in a trade. He doesn't fit what we need.

Secondly, JT is probably traded by the deadline.

Reason being is SALARY. If he were to miss three games and we find out that we can win without him, best believe that Babs would use JT's value to get a SG and to trade away Hendu or Theo. Sorry JT fans.... Basketball has become a business and right now, it is more reasonable to trade JT away (and get out of a bad contract) than it is to keep him and resign him for 4 million more than he's making right now.

Theo/JT for Eddie Jones/1st?

How about this one....

Theo/JT for Ray Allen!?!

Yes, Ray Allen is on the blocks in Milwaukee. If they could get a C or especially a PF and get rid of Mason (to the Lakers) they would do it.

Wilks(Dickau)/Allen/Big Dog/SAR/Nazr?

Diesel sometimes I really dont understand you. First you want to trade JT , because you say he cant play the point, then you wanna keep him because he really has been playing the point great as of late and now you wanna trade him, make up your mind. Wilks is not the solution at PG and neither is Dickau.

By the way what do you guys really see in this Dan Dickau kid? I see diddly squat, he is getting playing time and Stotts yanks him because he looks foolish.

I noticed last night Dickie was gonna come in to relieve Wilks and when Stotts saw Iverson come back in, he told Dickie to come back to the bench, That was funny. Wilks is obviously outplaying Dickie and will take his minutes. I wont be surprised to see Dickie dealt before trading deadline, because Atlanta has their PG of the future already in JT and JT's backup Mike Wilks.

So true our PG's should be JT and Wilks..but Babshit won't admit that he is an idiot and trade Dickau. Dickau won't ever be able to play in this league because he can't guard anybody. He is too slow. That is why it is hard for him to stay on the floor or even get on the floor. Diesel may be right, he may trade JT but only because he is an idiot.

Wilks is not a starter in the NBA.And neither is

Dan.Dan has showed nothing and Wilks is looking

for a contract.

I don't think resigning Corey is a good idea.He has

DONE NOTHING since his second game here.I think

he only has like 3 points the last two games and

he has no shot what so ever....He's shooting about

30%

Obviously Corey is not a bad three pt shooter, he can make that shot, like I am sure he can make other shots. The thing about Corey he can play very good defense, is very very athletic (best on the team) and is 6'6. He is definitely a keeper. I like him and so does everyone else except Hotlanta, which doesn't surprise me, because then again who does he.

UHHH I just found myself a good topic to talk about.

This is a question for Hotlantadude, Which Hawk player do you possibly like?

If Benjamin can hit a three point shot, then he definitely has a place on this team...cause no one else, save JT, can hit that shot with ANY consistency.

Besides, why would we not want to resign him to another ten day contract? It can't hurt anything....

• Premium Member

In reply to:

First you want to trade JT , because you say he cant play the point

I have given a few reason why JT might be traded...

1. SALARY.

2. He's not a true point.

However MY Fix was to keep JT and trade away Theo. I would even keep JT, trade Theo and get another PG (not even a Big PG) and play ZONE defense.

Does that clear up your confusion.

When I talk about JT being traded, I think it's been a thought that was based on weather or not JT picked up PG. He hasn't become a playmaker. I think it would be better to see him traded (if we are going to trade him) for a SG and to use his value to get rid of Hendu or Theo. JT/Theo for Ray Allen/ and their first!

Ray Allen? Sorry but I dont want to become the Milwaukee Bucks, they dont like each other and it will be another busted trade by Babs.

Now lets talk about JT. You say he is not a true PG, right. Name me 8 true PG that are better than JT.

J. Kidd - and the Nets definitely wont trade him

G. Payton - Sonics might consider trading him for JT, but GP will be 35 in July, ten years older than JT. I sure wouldnt make that deal.

S. Nash - dallas wont trade him and ruin that chemistry that might finally make them champions

S. Francis - he is also a combo guard and Rockets wont trade him for JT

B. Davis - to injury prone

A. Miller - I don't consider him better than JT. He hasn't shown much this year.

S. Marbury - good player, but same style of JT, I rather have JT. Suns wont mess up that chemistry neither for a Marbury for JT, they aren't getting better with a trade like that.

That is basically the list, Diesel. PG's that are actually better and equal to JT. We cannot trade JT for a SG, because then we have no PG to run the who, we all know Dickie can't do it, he is too slow. Atleast now we have Dion and Corey sharing those SG minutes. Babs will not trade JT, why would you trade a PG that is avg 17+ ppg, 1.7 spg and is #7 in the league at 7.3 apg, Why just why? Especially when we have the upper edge st signing JT long term. Babs has repeadly stated that he loves JT and I'm sure he will do anything to either trade one of our salary eating players to sign JT long term.

Dre doesn't get the talk he got last year.The only

reason he average 10APG last year was because

of Person and Murray hitting the 3's.Notice how

his assist have droped with high percentage outside

shooters.

• Premium Member

It's funny. But listen.... again.

I said that JT is not a true PG and IF I were trading him, I would trade him and Hendu or Theo for a SG. You're right, we can't get a true PG for JT. Why would anyone save Seattle do that... a true PG is hard to come by and trading one for JT would mean disaster for whatever team did it.

However, SGs are different. A SG would serve our purpose.

Your other failed concept is that we need a PG better than JT? Why? We have enough scorers in Big Dog/SAR. What we would need is somebody who can distribute. That being the case, There are many names that come up that can help us immediately.

However, SGs we could focus on....

Hendu/JT for Mobley.

Theo/JT for Eddie Jones.

Theo/JT for Spreewell/1st.

Theo/JT for Allen/1st.

CC/Theo/JT for McKie/DC/1st.

The ideas are endless. However, the point is that if we had a real SG... The PG could be WIlks or DD... They both have traits of guys that can move an offense AND YOU Don't need an allstar to do that. OUR Weakness is ballhandling. Mainly because JT is not a playmaker.... and our SG core sucks.

• Premium Member

The problem with Dre' is system. I knew this would happen. It's not neccessarily his fault. The CLipps don't use a traditional PG set. JT would be a better match for them (as McInnis was). The offense in LAC is routed through the SF because of the versatility of Odom.

I couldn't imagine Milwaukee doing that but I would if they would. Problems or no problems, Ray Allen would be this team's best player. Trying to stop Allen, Dog and Reef would be tough.

Actually though, I'd rather send Reef to Milwaukee straight up for Allen.

Nazr

Theo

Dog

Allen

JT

We could just run and gun.

JT/Allen/Dog should be every bit as explosive as Cassell/Allen/Dog. The big thing is that our frontcourt of Theo/Nazr would be far better than anything that Milwaukee had when the Big 3 was together in Milwaukee.

• Premium Member

I'd rather keep Reef...

The reason the big three folded was Mason. He was another scorer. They also were all SELFISH. Especially Cassell/Mason....

If we could get Allen and somehow trade Hendu for Cap Room, I would take it.

Then I would bring in Fratello to coach... Reason being is that Fratello knows how to coach offense and to set roles.

Nazr/Reef/Big Dog/Allen/Dickau

(The new Big Three) with Dickau and Nazr being ROLE Players.

than keep Reef. Nazr would be the best defender in the lineup and that is scary!

I think Allen would be the perfect backcourt mate for JT. He is a terrific ballhandler and he has the sweetest stroke in the game. I also like the idea of the big frontcourt of Nazr/Theo. I think they would play well together. Neither is a great offensive player but both are decent and both are better defenders than Reef.

I'd do your deal but I'd RATHER keep JT/Theo.

• Premium Member

Well, it depends on What Milwaukee wants to do...

For instance,

IF they decided to trade Mason/Cassell for GP...

Then they would welcome getting JT/Theo because they move Haslip up and play Theo beside him.

IF they decide to trade Mason for Walker.... They'd welcome Theo. It gives them better than what they had before in the frontcourt because they have THEO/Walker.