• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Departed

Plainview1981

Finally got around to watching it and I must say it's quite good. Not a perfect 10 like some suggest. But really good. It's a solid script, but it failed to pull any surprises with me.

In large part, I think the cast made this movie really good when it could have been alittle less good in different hands and different actors. Not a letdown performance. I mean, Jack Nicholson is the weakest link of the cast here... But that's not really a shot at him. He's just.... Jack.

Possible spoiler.

I thought Matt Damon and Leo was probably the best. Leo mainly because he gave off the correct vibe for each situation. I got alittle caught up in parts thinking he was totally screwed and got lost that it's a movie.

I don't want to really give anything away. So that's all I'll say about it. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 and suggest it for anyone that enjoys good gangster films. It's not bloated with violence, but there is plenty enough to keep you happy.

There is a few minor things.... Mainly one... Vera Farmiga I thought got in the way and times and seemed like just an attempt to stuff the typical love interest in there. Not that she was bad, but at times it seems as if she's pointless or in the way. Sort of reminds me of Jodie Foster

role in Inside Man.

Overall, I'd still give it a 9/10.