• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The game's over...and we win...

Could it be that this team has started buying into Terry Stotts system? You have to admit that this team has really started playing more together over the past 5 games, of which they are 4-1. They are playing better defense and are pushing the ball offensively.

I also think a big change over the past 5 games is that the team is looking to Big Dog as the primary scorer. He has responded, and getting him into the game earlier from an offensive standpoint has made him a better defender it seems.

If I was Pete, I would be very careful about any deals I made.

The team appears to be coming together.They just

went through spurts to where they didn't play at

a high level.

The team needs to quit leaving JT stranded like they

do.But they are playing smarter basketball.

Dickau looks worthless out there.

But I told ya they would start playing better once

they are out of the playoff race.They are like 12

games out of 8th seed??

When did Hendu start that ugly ass hookshot?I

don't remember him shooting that in years pasted.

The Hawks are 11 games below .500.

They are only 5.5 games out of the 8th playoff seed.

1. Indiana Pacers 33-14

2. New Jersey Nets 32-14

3. Detroit Pistons 30-15

4. Boston Celtics 26-20

5. Philadelphia 76ers 25-22

6. Milwaukee Bucks 23-22

7. New Orleans Hornets 24-23

8. Orlando Magic 24-24

9. Washington Wizards 22-25 1.5 GB

10. New York Knicks 20-25 2.5 GB

11. Atlanta Hawks 18-29 5.5 GB

NY is playing solid, scrappy ball right now. I don't think they have the pieces to make a final push, but you've got to respect what they're doing.

The Bulls...well, they could very well be in for another Trade Deadline surprise move...if not, I don't think they have the experience to pull thigns together, too much inner turmoil to deal with once JWill is healthy again

The Wiz - with Stack out, they're hurting. Even with him, they've got to play small ball too much. Never count out Jordan, we've all learned that...but the natives are starting to grow restless up there and I have a feeling that team turmoil is a factor...

NO really misses Baron. If he's out the full six weeks, man, they're going to be in dire straights sporting a record similar to ours I have a feeling (after the six weeks).

We've all discussed the Bucks.

We're not in "the hunt" by any means, but we're fighting right now, something that I think we all appreciate. We're not on the canvas, but the trainer's had to cut the wound to open the eye...

• Premium Member

The way I look at it, the Hawks have to win as much as possible the rest of the year regardless of whether they make the playoffs, b/c the pick is likely going to Milwaukee...

Next year, the Bucks will be major rivals, so the better the Hawks play, the "worse" the pick becomes...I'd rather them get a #12 pick than a #4 anyday...

Three things popped into my mind after reading this post:

1) hotlanta sounded positive, giving credit where credit it due.

2) JT historically starts slow and picks it up around this time - could it be the same again? While not shooting a very solid %, they've got to stop this "see what we can get, and if hte clock's winding down, pass it out to JT and let him try from three...that's a huge part of his shooting percentage this year - good call

3) As much as I dislike Robinson's game, looking at these games and again at home we started the season, Robinson has to be the first option on offense. He wants that role, and plays better all round when he is. and, in all actuallity, it's the better role for SAR, less double teams (where he has trouble seeing/ passing out of) and just takes the pressure off him in general.

Use Robinson right, screens, picks, etc., and in doing so, make him the first option. It's the only way...but he wants it that way, soemthing I'm don't think anyone else wants that role (SAR and JT)

WeaselDom,

YOu CAN'T make Robinson the primary option. To do so is folly.

His shot is working right now, but you saw the second half of the game. He couldn't hit a shot if he bought it. That is the problem with jump shooters, they are extrememly streaky.

JT can be an honest first option, due to his ability to break a team down with his speed, and his jump shot. Or Shareef, because you should always start in and work your way out.

Robinson will come back down to earth with the jump shot.

Play.