• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saw Crittendon play today...wow.

TexasPete

This was the first time I had seen him up close and personal, TV doesn't do him justice. He scored 16 and had 10 assists and looked GREAT. His head is alway s up, even in traffic. He has a great command of the game and sees the court well. He is a big (6'5) rugged PG who will be great in the NBA once he gets his bearings. He can also defend...

I want this kid to be the first PG we have had in years. I think when teams work him out his stick will rise. I'm worried he will be gone when we pick.

I was thoroughly impressed and he comes with a great attitude and a legit NBA body. I kept envisioning him growing up with our core. I think he could be the answer.

Shoot I say top 3 pick and trade MWill and Childress to get a point guard whether Critteron or Law. Hawks could have a team that actually fits.

1.JSmoove

2.Durant

3.??

4.JJ

5.Critteron/Law

or

1.JSmoove

2.Sheldon

3.Oden

4.JJ

5.Critteron/Law

or

1.JSmoove

2.Sheldon

3.Hawes

4.JJ

5.Critteron/Law

Hawks need a point guard more than a backup to Smoove in Williams or Childress who backups up JJ.Who needs backups we have seen how valauble point guards are and big men. A quality lineup at ever position is more important than doing what BK is doing drafting backups.If you can get Law or Critteron without giving up marvin great but i doubt it.Childress is never going to start since JJ is here so he is a spare part.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If you can get Law or Critteron without giving up marvin great but i doubt it.Childress is never going to start since JJ is here so he is a spare part.

I think you can. I believe packaging the Indy pick with Childress, maybe ZaZa or SW, gets you Crittenton or Collison.

W

I just hope he stays at GT. His stock has flown through the roof. We'll take another step back if he and Thaddeus both go pro. I'd love to keep him in Atlanta, though. We missed on Jack and we could make up for it with Javaris.

Javaris Crittenton

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Greg Oden

That would be just plain sick nasty......

I haven't seen where Chad Ford had Javaris ranked but I hope he is somehow around when we pick...the Indy pick. He has the tools to be a great NBA player, the size, handles, quicks, passing skills, penetration skills...it is not an every day occurrence to see a 10 assist game in college.

This kid will be special. I know Tech fans hate to part with him but I don't see how he stays. He is too good and somebody will take him fairly high I would think.

Quote:

I just hope he stays at GT. His stock has flown through the roof. We'll take another step back if he and Thaddeus both go pro. I'd love to keep him in Atlanta, though. We missed on Jack and we could make up for it with Javaris.

Javaris Crittenton

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Greg Oden

That would be just plain sick nasty......

Crit is the real deal. He has matured so much since Jan 1 it is very impressive. If he continues at this pace into the tourney, I'd say he is gone. I think he has looked much more ready than Young. He shows flashes, but reminds me of Marvin and will struggle if he comes out.

Crit is unbelievably quick for his size. Learned to use his body very well. Gonna be a great one.

I wasn't all that impressed with Young because I had heard the hype about him. He isn't ready and in this deep draft he better stay right where he is...

Crittendon is a better fit for the NBA game. You know the real problem here? I'm not sure the GM would take him if he was still on the board. After all, now that we have AJ we are set at PG right? An AJ and Speedy combo with Lue thrown in...what more could you ask for?

I just watched the game on Tivo and I was going to start a thread just like this one.

That game was VERY impressive from Crittenton. Right now, most mock drafts have him ranked in a range where we could get him with the Indy pick.

I've been on his bandwagon now for a couple of weeks, but he's gotten even better lately. It's another one of those things where, if Tech goes on a run in the tourney (which is looking more and more possible to me), then he may work his way past us.

I don't know...I either want him to stay at Tech, or I want the Hawks to grab him. But he is really impressive. He could be a steal with the Indy pick, because if he stayed another year or two he would be a high lottery pick.

He has the markings of a great NBA player no question. I worry about his stock rising in the private workouts and it is a fairly slim draft for PGs so teams with that need will be interested in the Crittentons, the Laws, and the Collisons.

I believe Javaris has star all over him. I also doubt he is around when we pick with the Indy deal. But that kid really looked good today. I had seen him on TV 4 or 5 times but when you see him in person you realize how big he is and how well he handles himself. I swear I doubt BK would take him because BK has NEVER taken the player that was the no brainer.

I have been posting about this guy for some time. I have watched him numerous times on the telly and he is getting better. I sincerely doubt he would be available with the Indy pick. If he has a strong NCAA tourney, then he could easily be the first point taken in the lottery. I have only watched Law play one game against Oklahoma and he was not that impressive though I have read about how well he has played in recent games. I intend to watch Law in tourney time on the telly but he would have to blow me away to pass Crittendon on a draft board. IMO, Crittendon would be perfect here.

He wasn't a no brainer for me. I thought we needed a PG after having drafted two forwards the previous year. And there were a lof of experts who thought the PG made sense for ATL because of our forward situation...we had Chill, Smith, and AL. It was a no brainer to take a PG in that situation.

I love Law's game and the kid has balls of steel in the crunch. He will be a solid NBA player for years. I prefer Crittendon after seeing him in person yesterday. If I got to see Law I might change my mind but Critt was a lot bigger than I thought. And when you watch him his head is always up even when trapped and dribbling in traffic. Even good PG's usually dip their head in traffic if only for a second...JC looked great.

Guest Walter

Quote:

And when you watch him his head is always up even when trapped and dribbling in traffic. Even good PG's usually dip their head in traffic if only for a second...JC looked great.

That's a terrific attribute for Crittenton if he does it as much as you say. Heady, pure Pg stuff there.

W