• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawk scrimmage tomorrow AM: who's in?

ATL_BALLER

I look forward to ballin' with some of you tomorrow morning, beginning 9:30-10. I pray I bring my A-game!

One more time, here are the directions to Briarcliff United Methodist Church:

85 South

Once past 285, get off at Shallowford Road, the 3rd exit. Make a left off the exit and go through 2 stoplights. Briarcliff United Methodist Church is less than a half mile off the exit. Shallowford dead ends into Briarcliff and the church is in front of you, slightly to the left.

85 North

Shallowford Road Exit - make right off exit and go through 2 stoplights. Briarcliff United Methodist Church is less than a half mile off the exit. Shallowford dead ends into Briarcliff and the church is in front of you, slightly to the left.

North on Briarcliff

Pass intersection with North Druid Hills. Pass intersection with Clairmont Road. Go through 4 stoplights. Intersection with Shallowford road can ONLY go left. Briarcliff United Methodist Church is IMMEDIATELY on the right.

If anyone wants to get a game up in South Ga, let me know. I've got keys to the gym at our church and we can play sometime. Since our church league season is over, I'm ready to get out on the floor and play a little.

Quote:

I don't want to get out there and find out your are a bunch of 19yr old studs. Any 35yr old white guys with big guts playing?

I'm just over 30. My gut is not as small as it used to be. Sounds like a geezers game. Exodus and TP are over 40. Fine with me. I get tired of trying to hang with high school and college kids. I play at the gym where Mike Mercer and Louis Williams played. Andrew Toney's kid, too. Many other very good players go there. Atlas says he's been there. We probably know each other. I don't know too many Hawks fans, though. This should be fun if everyone shows up. I just pray that I don't roll my ankle in the first minute or something.

I'm definitely not playing (due to chronic fatness) but I may stop by to say hello. My car was broken into last night, so I currently have no window. I may have to take care of that tomorrow morning.

Quote:

I'm definitely not playing (due to chronic fatness) but I may stop by to say hello. My car was broken into last night, so I currently have no window. I may have to take care of that tomorrow morning.

My fatness comes and goes. Right now it's here!lol! Didn't your car get stolen before? Maybe that was someone else. Love to see you Z! You could maybe do play by play for the tape. If DJ brings it, that is.

Quote:

Quote:

My fatness comes and goes. Right now it's here!lol! Didn't your car get stolen before? Maybe that was someone else. Love to see you Z! You could maybe do play by play for the tape. If DJ brings it, that is.

Yep, car was stolen before, so I have been paying for parking in a gated lot, in which eight cars had their windows smashed in last night. Good times!

Where are you, Lithonia or Athens? Any way you can make it? I saw where you asked me about Lenora in the other thread. I've been going there since they opened the gym. I'll be there a lot after basketball season is over and it's open at night. We've probably played together before. Try to run with Jayson that works behind the desk. He's a really good player and can do a little of everything. Do you know Stewart or any of those guys?

Quote:

Where are you, Lithonia or Athens? Any way you can make it? I saw where you asked me about Lenora in the other thread. I've been going there since they opened the gym. I'll be there a lot after basketball season is over and it's open at night. We've probably played together before. Try to run with Jayson that works behind the desk. He's a really good player and can do a little of everything. Do you know Stewart or any of those guys?

I want to make it, but I can't man.

I used to go up there with some of my friends pretty often. I'm in Athens now, but my parents stay in Lithonia, so I'm there sometimes.

I'm not sure about the people that work there, I remember seein them but don't remember playin with them or their names. You know Rashad (can't remember his last name) or Trey Hightower? They both used to play for Shiloh, ballers. Yeah Channing Toney, Louis and Mercer and all the South guys used to play up there all the time. I haven't been in a while though. But I'm still in a league up here and play as much as I can.

Don't know if I will be able to make it today. We have had suspicions that our dog has epilepsy (he had one seizure about a month ago) and then he had a couple last night. So we're taking him in to the vet now. Maybe I'll still be able to come by, but it doesn't seem real likely!

Where was everyone? ATL set it up and we had 4 people. C'mon guys! We talk about basketball everyday, we might as well play a little. It was a lot of fun. ATL, Ex, BossTweed and myself had a nice run.

I've got to say, Ex knows the game. We were the last two to leave the gym out of the squawkers. We did man up, and while doing so neither of us scored on the other. I Hope he can play again next time he's in town.

BossTweed can board, people! He was in the right spot on many occasions. Lo and Shelden could learn a thing or two about fighting for a rebound from Tweed.

ATL BALLER is solid. He can knock down the 3. Shoots it like Chris Crawford, I think!

All in all, it was a blast. Let's do it again, and try to get 10 next time!

Thanks to ATL_Baller for organizing and finding the place to play and everything. I had a good time and managed to get some garbage buckets and rebounds.

Exodus tore me up in the 3 on 3 game we played, he's a quick, strong dude, and he was making all his shots. Baller and TroyMclure had nice outside games and made some nice passes.

Hopefully we'll have another one of these sometime with some more people!