bumpyphish1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

If the Hawks don't win tonight you are probably right since they will have six more losses then the current 7/8 seeds with only 15 games to play.

I don't have enough faith in us to play consistently down the stretch and would also advocate tanking at this point in the season given the standings.

Quote:

Quote:

If the Hawks don't win tonight you are probably right since they will have six more losses then the current 7/8 seeds with only 15 games to play.

I don't have enough faith in us to play consistently down the stretch and would also advocate tanking at this point in the season given the standings.

What else could the Hawks do to tank? JJ is already sitting. Should they sit Smith too?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What else could the Hawks do to tank? JJ is already sitting. Should they sit Smith too?

Focus on giving minutes to Shelden, Solomon, Salim and Esteban at the expense of Lorenzen Wright, Tyrone Lue and Speedy Claxton. Before anyone says it, I acknowledge that this might lead to a better record but that would be my plan because at a minimum it would give those guys some meaningful time to develop (or in the case of Salim possibly to be showcased for an offseason deal although I do like him as a reserve longterm).

Quote:

a) we aren't tanking

b) given the standings, we are pretty much guaranteed to give phoenix the 8th pick OR WORSE if we try to win out with our easy schedule...big deal if we give them pick 8/9/10/11...

c) we aren't tanking

im co signing with you, if we tank i players will loose confidence and smith might not wanna sign with us

Guest Walter

Quote:

Memphis (17-50)

Boston (20-46)

Charlotte (24-43)

Atlanta (26-41)

Philly (26-41)

Milwaukee (25-41)

Portland (26-40)

Seattle (26-40)

We can still finish 3rd in the lottery sweepstakes if we put our mind to it! But, the difference in 3rd and 8th is miniscule. TANK! TANK! TANK!

...too late I guess. Had we not won those meaningless games since JJ sat we'd be sitting VERY pretty. Instead, the anti-tankers got a week of smiles only to come crashing back to reality once again, all at the expense of the franchise's future. Now that's hating your franchise for you.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

given the standings, we are pretty much guaranteed to give phoenix the 8th pick OR WORSE if we try to win out with our easy schedule...big deal if we give them pick 8/9/10/11...

This team has no other way to significantly improve itself other than by retaining its top 3 pick. Nicholasp27, you've never offered a suggestion of merit as to how this team ever becomes a contender remotely as is. But d@mn it if you aren't happy we could somehow stick it to pheonix by giving them an 8th rather than a 6th pick while also sticking it to ourselves by ensuring we return the same god-awful team next year.

The moral victory crowd falls further in the abyss of redefining victory. No longer the chemistry building effects of a bad team losing while playing their hearts out. That all went bye bye with all the JJ comments. No more playoff talk. JJ injury saw to that. No, instead we are left with the uplifting rationale that we can somehow screw Pheonix by giving them an 8th vs a 6th pick. That'll show'em what moral victories are all about!

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

It's as if there aren't a 10000000000000 options between JJ not playing and JS not playing for the season within this simple minded non-argument.

AHF pointed out how we could play SJ, Batista, Salim, even SW more and defer to them more. You could also play JS 5-10 MPG less or run plays for the likes of MW and JC more. It should help you tank, but if it doesn't at least it helps you for next year.

But, why listen to the middle when you have an strawman extemist position to attack?

W

Quote:

AHF pointed out how we could play SJ, Batista, Salim, even SW more and defer to them more.

In the last six games here are the minutes.

Speedy- 0

Blo Wright- 13

Shelden- 94

Solomon- 94

Salim- 112 ( he had only played 6 minutes in the 7

games prior to JJ's injury)

Guess what numbnuts, they are already doing what AHF said they should do. The young guys have been playing much more, Blo and Speedy haven't played at all. And JJ has been out.

The resulting record has been 4-2.

That just shows that your simpleminded tank theory is BS, which is what i have been saying all along. You got exactly what you wanted and the result wasn't more losses, it was more wins. If tanking was as simple as you make it out to be the Hawks would certainly have a losing record over the last 6 games.

I was saying before JJ got hurt that your little half measures wouldn't amount to a hill of beans if they actually did it. That is exactly what has happened.

• Moderators

Quote:

That just shows that your simpleminded tank theory is BS. You got exactly what you wanted and the result wasn't more losses, it was more wins.

Pretty harsh indictment of Woody.

Quote:

Quote:

That just shows that your simpleminded tank theory is BS. You got exactly what you wanted and the result wasn't more losses, it was more wins.

I am not a fan of Woody, but what it really shows is that reality isn't as simple as theory.

Play the young guys more, they start playing better.

Sit Blo and Speedy, addition by subtraction.

etc

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am not a fan of Woody, but what it really shows is that reality isn't as simple as theory.

etc

what frustrates me to no end is the same group of players that looked great for 4 games have looked like dogs the last 2.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

etc

what frustrates me to no end is the same group of players that looked great for 4 games have looked like dogs the last 2.

I didn't see the last two, but i would guess that the other teams have adjusted their gameplans after watching us win 4 straight w/o JJ.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, the young guys have been more productive all season. The big men all have had much higher PERs than Lo all season. Woody just kept playing Lo.