• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That just shows that your simpleminded tank theory is BS. You got exactly what you wanted and the result wasn't more losses, it was more wins.

Pretty harsh indictment of Woody.

I am not a fan of Woody, but what it really shows is that reality isn't as simple as theory.

Play the young guys more, they start playing better.

Actually, the young guys have been more productive all season. The big men all have had much higher PERs than Lo all season. Woody just kept playing Lo.

Which is why i have felt all along that "playing the young guys more" doesn't make sense if you want to tank. In reality Walter should be advocating that we play Blo and Speedy at least 30 minutes a game and run plays for them, but that has never been part of his tank theory.

Sad that he wants to tank and yet argues for measures that are in complete opposition to tanking. And he actually believes he is right. pillepalle.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is NOTHING TANGIBLE to be gained by winning.

A win is as tangible as it gets in the NBA. W's and L's are the bottom line.

Seriously.

These terrible fans we have are probably the reason why the basketball gods won't let us make the playoffs.

The basketball gods frown on fans who root from the opening tip of the season until the last second of the last game for their team to win? confused.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

These terrible fans we have are probably the reason why the basketball gods won't let us make the playoffs.

The basketball gods frown on fans who root from the opening tip of the season until the last second of the last game for their team to win? confused.gif

Uhh...Maybe you haven't noticed, but there seems to be very few fans on here that actually subscribe to that line of thinking.

There is quite a large contingency that cheers for us to lose...Which by definition, makes them not a fan of our team.

I wish they would go choose a new team to cheer against.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[/indent]

[/indent]

Seriously.

The basketball gods frown on fans who root from the opening tip of the season until the last second of the last game for their team to win?

Uhh...Maybe you haven't noticed, but there seems to be very few fans on here that actually subscribe to that line of thinking.

There is quite a large contingency that cheers for us to lose...Which by definition, makes them not a fan of our team.

i've done alot less posting recently as the incessant whining has been entertainment enough, no need for me to engage them in discussion uglyhammer.gif

ashamed.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

I guess I am confused because the quoted post to which busboy made the comment about the basketball gods smiting us was one saying that Ws and Ls were the most tangible results possible from a poster that is rooting for us to win every game. Maybe he was addressing it to the poster that sheedra was responding to? confused.gif

Quote:

I guess I am confused because the quoted post to which busboy made the comment about the basketball gods smiting us was one saying that Ws and Ls were the most tangible results possible from a poster that is rooting for us to win every game. Maybe he was addressing it to the poster that sheedra was responding to?
confused.gif

I was referring to the guy who basically said he was pissed that we won last night.

• Moderators

Quote:

In other news, is Tubby sticking around?

Good question. I expect him back next year but he needs to get things turned around before things get really ugly in Lexington. His pattern of bringing in talent every other year has not cut it lately. (Our sophmore and senior classes are horrible.)

• Moderators

Quote:

Real question is are we going to offer Morris a contract.

It's like getting an extra lottery pick if we sign him. He's an upgrade to the bench at the minimum.

I don't think he is a lottery pick but he should receive an offer right away from the Hawks, IMO. Sign him up for the rest of this season and the next 2-3 years. Do this now while other teams don't have cap room and you do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Real question is are we going to offer Morris a contract.

It's like getting an extra lottery pick if we sign him. He's an upgrade to the bench at the minimum.

I'm not a huge Morris fan, but the Hawks would be stupid not to try to add him.