• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UFC and Pride merge

chillzatl

• Admin

For you MMA fans:

The UFC and Pride have merged, kinda. The parent company of the UFC, Zuffa, has purchased DSE, the former owner of Pride. This sets the stage for cross-brand fights and super-PPV events. This is great news for MMA fans, as we'll get to see the best of the best from both organizations fighting together.

This is incredible news. I've been following MMA since the very beginning of the UFC, and I never thought it would get as big as it's getting. These days you can see UFC, Pride, or IFL on TV almost every day of the week (or at least my wife thinks so, much to her chagrin).

Anyway, I'd love to see Liddel vs. Silva....

And Henderson vs. Hughes or Henderson vs. Georges St. Pierre would also make for interesting matchups....

And I was already hoping to see Liddel vs. Rampage sometime soon....

I almost don't want to see Rany Couture fight Fedor, though, because that would just be a brutal beatdown. But I would like to see Fedor vs. Arlovski.

• Admin

MMA is the best thing going these days. It's naturally compared to boxing, but it is better in nearly every aspect. I too have been following it since before it was called MMA and I knew it would eventually be big. Once they broke it down into weight classes, the road to legitimacy was cleared. It's just a matter of time before MMA fights and fighters garner the respect and publicity they deserve.

As for fights, I'm hyped as hell over the talent pool we have now, between the UFC and Pride.

I didn't want Couture to beat the ogre (silva), despite him being one of my favorite fighters. Simply because I didn't want to see Crocop kill him. We'll see that before we see UFC HW vs. Fedor though. UFC wants Crocop to have the belt so they can put him up against Fedor in a rematch on New Years Eve. It'll be the superbowl of MMA! haha.

Henderson is a beast and I would love to see him fight either GSP or Chuck, since Hendo is now the belt holder in both classes.

So many potentially great fights! Chuck/Wandy, Chuck/Shogun, Randy/Fedor, Crocop/Fedor, the list goes on and on. It's going to be a great year in MMA, that's for sure!

Quote:

MMA is the best thing going these days. It's naturally compared to boxing, but it is better in nearly every aspect. I too have been following it since before it was called MMA and I knew it would eventually be big. Once they broke it down into weight classes, the road to legitimacy was cleared. It's just a matter of time before MMA fights and fighters garner the respect and publicity they deserve.

As for fights, I'm hyped as hell over the talent pool we have now, between the UFC and Pride.

I didn't want Couture to beat the ogre (silva), despite him being one of my favorite fighters. Simply because I didn't want to see Crocop kill him. We'll see that before we see UFC HW vs. Fedor though. UFC wants Crocop to have the belt so they can put him up against Fedor in a rematch on New Years Eve. It'll be the superbowl of MMA! haha.

Henderson is a beast and I would love to see him fight either GSP or Chuck, since Hendo is now the belt holder in both classes.

So many potentially great fights! Chuck/Wandy, Chuck/Shogun, Randy/Fedor, Crocop/Fedor, the list goes on and on. It's going to be a great year in MMA, that's for sure!

Souns good. It appeals to alot of people. Doesn't do alot for me cause I get bored when the dudes start wrestling around on the ground. But i understand iit's appeal to people.

• Admin

If you understood the technical aspects of what they are doing, which only takes about 2 viewings to grasp, you'd know there is a lot more going on than "wrestling around". Visit sherdog.com and spend a little time familiarizing yourself with the sport and you may find you enjoy it more.

Quote:

If you understood the technical aspects of what they are doing, which only takes about 2 viewings to grasp, you'd know there is a lot more going on than "wrestling around". Visit sherdog.com and spend a little time familiarizing yourself with the sport and you may find you enjoy it more.

I understand alittle bit, but I just said wrestling around. I don't enjoy that part of it. I know it's deeper than "wrestling around" but I was just being lazy and wrote that.