• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Actors that give good to great performances in eve

Plainview1981

That you've seen them in. Obviousally, it doesn't make sense to list somebody that you've seen play in one movie. But what actors/Actresses are good to great in all of the movies you've seen them in.

Here is my list:

Harvey Keitel

Lynn Whitfield(She was good in Silverado and great in Eye's Bayou)

Morgan Freeman

Gene Hackman

Christian Bale

Kevin Spacey

Samuel Jackson

Ray Liotta

Joaquin Phoenix

L. Fishburne

Glenn Ford (Really intense actor from back in the day)

Paul Newman

Steve McQueen

Gary Oldman

I'm just going to add to this off the top of my head.

Jeff Bridges

Alec Baldwin

Jack Lemon

Tom Hanks

Dustin Hoffman

Emma Thompson

Lena Olin

Tom Wilkinson

Sissy Spacek

I've seen Fishburne and Liotta mail it in a time or two.(Biker Boyz Ugh!)

That's all I've got for now.

Quote:

I'm just going to add to this off the top of my head.

Jeff Bridges

Alec Baldwin

Jack Lemon

Tom Hanks

Dustin Hoffman

Emma Thompson

Lena Olin

Tom Wilkinson

Sissy Spacek

I've seen Fishburne and Liotta mail it in a time or two.(Biker Boyz Ugh!)

That's all I've got for now.

I wasn't counting those movies. I found Tom Hanks character annoying in The Lady Killers.

• Premium Member

1. Gene Hackman.

2. Gary Oldman.

3. That guy from CSI NY.

4. That guy from the matrix 1 who also was a Saprano.

5. Robert DiNero

6. Jeremy Irons

7. Anthony Hopkins

8. Kathy Bates

9. Ben Kingsly

10. Denzel Washington

11. Sean Penn

12. Tom Hanks....

about Hanks.. I remember watching him in Bosom Buddies and he was what he was supposed to be.. then in Appollo 13, Philadelphia, and that movie with him on the Island... Dude is really nice.

I don't have many women up here, but one who's getting my respect is Hilary Swank. I remember her in Karate Kid... She's coming a long way.

Quote:

i'd add Forest Whitaker.

i like morgan freeman and samuel jackson in their movies, but they both seem to play pretty much the same characters in everything they do. they're not bad, they just haven't shown much range, imo.

Whitaker is a good one.

I didn't factor in them playing the same roles because they're good at what they do. Jackson plays different characters in Eve's Bayou and from what I've heard he is some different in Black Snake Moan.

Quote:

1. Gene Hackman-Good

2. Gary Oldman-Good

3. That guy from CSI NY.-??????????

4. That guy from the matrix 1 who also was a Saprano.?????????

5. Robert DiNero-Wasn't that good in Meet the Fockers

6. Jeremy Irons-Never tought about him

7. Anthony Hopkins-Good

8. Kathy Bates-Not bad

9. Ben Kingsly-Haven't seen a ton of his

10. Denzel Washington-Was mediocre in Inside Man

11. Sean Penn-Good

12. Tom Hanks-The Ladykillers

about Hanks.. I remember watching him in Bosom Buddies and he was what he was supposed to be.. then in Appollo 13, Philadelphia, and that movie with him on the Island... Dude is really nice.

I don't have many women up here, but one who's getting my respect is Hilary Swank. I remember her in Karate Kid... She's coming a long way.

Quote:

i'd add Forest Whitaker.

i like morgan freeman and samuel jackson in their movies, but they both seem to play pretty much the same characters in everything they do. they're not bad, they just haven't shown much range, imo.

Here's some range from Sammy:

1)Gator in Jungle Fever

2)Trip in Juice

3)Meeker in White Sands

4)Lt. Cmdr. in Patriot games

5)Andrew in Amos and Andy

6)Assult at West Point, Chaning Lanes Great Wite Hype, 187, Big Blue Sea ect... he got range.

Pacino is not on any list?

Terrence Howard, Jeffey Wright(guy is amazing), Micheal Beach, Travolta, and yep Will Smith.

The hottest new guy is Andre` 3000

Quote:

Quote:

i'd add Forest Whitaker.

Here's some range from Sammy:

1)Gator in Jungle Fever

2)Trip in Juice

3)Meeker in White Sands

4)Lt. Cmdr. in Patriot games

5)Andrew in Amos and Andy

6)Assult at West Point, Chaning Lanes Great Wite Hype, 187, Big Blue Sea ect... he got range.

Pacino is not on any list?

Terrence Howard, Jeffey Wright(guy is amazing), Micheal Beach, Travolta, and yep Will Smith.

The hottest new guy is Andre` 3000

Toni Colliete(Sp?) is great aswell. I was watching the special features of Shaft and she seems way different in real life than the characters she plays.

She's real upbeat and had short blonde hair. Looked like a punk rocker type of girl.

Check out Lena Olin. She's the mom on Alias, I think. I know her from movies. Watch Romeo is Bleeding. It's probably my favorite Oldman movie.

It's got Gary, Olin, Will Patton, Roy Scheider(Jaws), It also has Annabella Sciorra and Julliette Lewis. Gary plays a womanizing cop who is turning over names of informants to the mob in Chicago. He's a slimy guy, but you feel for him in the end. Lena Olin is way sexy in this role. Weird, too!

Also has James Cromwell and an actor that needs to be on this list as well. Michael Wincott. He's an english actor as well. (He was the bad guy in The Crow)