• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Crawford to go back on IL

Blunt91

I emailed Pete to see what is up with Chris and when or if he will play again, I also asked about DJ.

Chris has been struggling with repeated pain in his knee...it will feel better for a few days and then flair up again...that is why he has not played in a game yet. Yesterday in practice he had to sit down after 15 minutes and had very specific pain that is being examined this morning through an MRI. He has been working diligently to ge back and desperately wants to play...but we cannot let him go until it is safe for his health....he will be back on the injured list today and we will know more tonight after meeting with our doctors. DJ is making good progress in healing and working out with no contact...but that is a long ways from playing in the NBA. We have not received any update from the medical experts about his prognosis to return to the NBA, but we all hope it is a positive one and soon...but don't expect an answer for awhile. Thanks for your continued interest.

Pete Babcock

To my dismay it doesn't look like Dermarr will make it back this year no matter how well he is recovering.

Do you really believe that anyone would want to go through 2 surgeries, a year of rehab and possibly a 3rd surgery just to sit on the bench and not ever play? Do you think going on all the road trips watching your team struggle (I'm being nice here) is really fun? CC played with a separated shoulder. He played with extreme pain after he was undercut by Charles Oakley and literally split the skin off his back. He played most of a season with bone spurs in his foot. He's tried to play through the knee pain. Even Babcock said he desperately wanted to play. Show me one other player on the Hawks roster that would be this determined.

There are 2 players on the Hawks roster that have a college degree. CC is one of them. He may not make millions but he won't be hurting for money.

We all know you hate Chris. I don't know if it's because he's white or if it's because he's everything you aren't and wish you could be.

Yeah, I'm a Chris Crawford fan. NOt because of his talent, but because he's a good fundamental player. Cc is not a vocal player but we need him healthy to help revitalize our second unit. If the rest of our team had his determination we wouldn't be where we are today.

Like I said, we all know you hate CC and You Are Stupid!!