• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you rather have gone? BK or Woody?

bumpyphish1

Pick only one. Yes, one.

And, for you with the initiative to type, tell me why.

I know every Hawks fan wants at least one of these guys gone.

Personally, I want to see Woody gone by far more than BK. I am actually sort of a BK fan and do not think he deserves the rap he gets on here. Maybe I am naive. I think any GM would have taken Marvin #2 (some would have taken him #1...I remember it was a great debate at the time - who was #1). Josh Smith was a great pick. Diaw was a good pick in the 20's. Childress was a solid pick, although yes Deng was better. Some of the guys picked ahead of Childress have been total busts and Childress is certainly not that. Salim was a great pick. I think the JJ trade was great for us even though we did give up some assets - we got an All-Star. Obviously, the Al to Indiana trae is going to be great, netting us a #12 or 13. His only mistakes were to pick Shelden (he reached, but it was a WEAK draft and he drafted based on need, which many praised him for at the time). And, the Speedy signing may have been his worse move. Again, he was the best PG available at the time. Trust me, BK regrets signing him, too. The AJ trade seems retarded to me, but maybe if we do turn things around next season then AJ will prove useful. Still hate to give up a 2nd rounder in a deep draft and the cap space.

Still, Woodson is an absolute stubborn, ignorant fool and should have been gone last season. He must go.

I will say I think it is much more likely that Woodson will go before Knight, and rightly so, IMO.

I welcome your thoughts...

Honestly, it hurts to say that, because I really do get the feeling Woody is a good guy, but he just has used this team in the wrong way...He's got the most athletic team in the league running a half-court offense.

His substitution patterns and play calling can be weird also.

With the right coach, I really think this team is in the playoffs NEXT year...BK has put some good talent on this team...He has certainly made mistakes, but there is no reason we shouldn't be in the playoffs next year.

I couldn't possibly pick one above the other, to be honest about it. I believe that what is most desperately needed here is a clean sweep, with us being rid of both of them. But then of course that begs the question- well then who do you get to replace them? That's where it might get a little bit sticky. I have no idea who we might realistically be able to get, and the instability of our ownership situation just makes the issue that much cloudier, and that much more likely we may not be able to attract what are considered to be top-notch candidates.

It's really hard to say. I do know one thing though, and that is that things might get even worse with a regime change. That's somewhat hard to imagine, but I really do believe it, and it is definitely well within the realm of possibility. You look around at some of the GM's and coaches currently operating in this league, and it is almost remarkable their level of incompetence. We certainly ain't alone in having two dimwits occupying the GM's and coaches seats.

It'd be something else, wouldn't it.... to finally be rid of BK and Woody, only to find that we'd jumped from the frying pan right into the fire. I'm starting to develop a fatalistic attitude towards this team that would almost lead me to expect something like that. doh.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

I do know one thing though, and that is that things might get even worse with a regime change.

Yes, but it could get worse BECAUSE of BK even if he's no longer here. His decisions don't just impact us now, they impact us long term (less so with Woody, obviously). Our rebuild is in such dire straights now that whoever comes in (without a top 3 pick) will have to take risks to right this sinking rebuild ship. Those risks may or may not pay off, but they will be necessary. I certainly don't trust BK to take much of any risk, much less a good risk. In short, whoever comes in if they come in, they inherit a miserable situation for any GM. Enough young talent to feign a smile at. Not enough to get you excited. All of it poorly across the spectrum.

BK never was supposed to be a rebuild closer. Unfortunately for us, he wasn't even throwing obvious move, strikes past the first inning. If BK wasn't going to be a better starter, better to have gotten rid of him alot sooner than now in middle relief innings. We certainly don't need to wait until his arm is tired to see just how miserable he can make this franchise. Enough to say he just didn't bring any good stuff.

My vote is for for Woody to go. In some ways it seems like BK was trying to build an athletic team built to run and Woody can't design a system for them, but at the same time BK hired Woody. So it's BK's fault. Shouldn't he be fired for his decision also. Maybe they both should go.

After last year's draft I seriously questioned if BK has any respect for the point guard position. Based on his history here I don't think he does. It seems he believes you can throw any warm body in the 1 spot(Lue,Speedy,AJ, even JJ) and surround them with 6'9 players (like himself, go figure) and a team will be successful. He comes across as arrogant enough to believe that players in the mold of what he was in his playing days truly makes a team successful despite all the losing he did as a player.