• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Garnett to the Lakers

Bulldog

Mitch Kupchak and Coach Phil Jackson spoke to about 900 season-ticket holders on Monday night at the team's annual "town-hall meeting" and fielded some questions on Kevin Garnett. Neither Kupchak nor Jackson answered directly, citing league tampering rules, although Kupchak did eventually say that, generally speaking, "You've got to trust myself and Dr. [Jerry] Buss that we'll do everything to get a top player."

Sounds to me like Garnett for Odom, Brown, Evans and a draft pick or something like it could be on this summer.

Quote:

Lakers won't get Garnett without including Bynum in that deal. Garnett is still a premier player. Odom is not the same type of player, and the trade is basically Garnett for Odom.

You have to at least give them a young player to build with.

Agreed. And Garnett's problem is that he will demand so much in return that anyone that trades for him will be depleted of players. He will never have anyone around him if he's traded. It would be great to see him and Kobe, but two men teams don't beat five.

Quote:

Lakers won't get Garnett without including Bynum in that deal. Garnett is still a premier player. Odom is not the same type of player, and the trade is basically Garnett for Odom.

You have to at least give them a young player to build with.

Lakers fans don't seem to be very high on Bynum. I bet they wouldn't hesitate to throw him into a deal if they could get Garnett.

Bynum has had a surprisingly good season. He is a legit 7 foot center, with good blocking abilities and is still very young. He is a very good prospect, so I doubt the Lakers want to part with him. If offered Garnett though I suppose they would have to live with it and try and pick up another big man in free agency