• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kelly Johnson is my new favorite Brave

CBAreject

Man is this guy a good hitter or what? His OBP is over .400 despite struggling to get a hit for the first 2 weeks of the season. He is extremely patient, and he seems to be clutch. That 2 out bases loaded single against the Cubs was something I'm not used to seeing from Braves.

I hope KJ keeps it up. He looks like one heckuva professional hitter.

Langerhans is just not an MLB quality ball player. I honestly thought he was going to be a strong 4th outfielder, and I saw him being like Mark Kotsay (.275 hitter, great outfield defense).

I really don't understand why he ever starts. Bobby says "he's one of the best defensive outfielders). Yes, but you can't start a guy in the OF because of his fielding. It's not like the shortstop where you can take away a couple of hits a game to make up for no stick.

It's to the point that there's no other guy I want up there when we need a hit. Brian McCann maybe when we need a big knock, but when we need a baserunner or a key base hit, I want KJ up there.

We'll see if the league figures him out. He doesn't appear to have holes because he's so patient and his hands are so quick. I'm expecting 20 hr, 30 doubles, .280 BA and a .380 OBP for his first full year. Very good for 2B.

Those are good projections, CBA. You know, I've kind of always felt confident with our 2b when we needed a good ab The Lemmer was always tough. A few years back, the only guys I had confidence in when we needed a hit were Chipper and Lockie. I never really had that feeling with Giles. It's funny how much KJ loooks like Chip at the plate.

Quote:

Langerhans is just not an MLB quality ball player. I honestly thought he was going to be a strong 4th outfielder, and I saw him being like Mark Kotsay (.275 hitter, great outfield defense).

I really don't understand why he ever starts. Bobby says "he's one of the best defensive outfielders). Yes, but you can't start a guy in the OF because of his fielding. It's not like the shortstop where you can take away a couple of hits a game to make up for no stick.

Although I', not much of a baseball fan now I'd say Dan Uggla is my favorite player. bannana_guitar.gif