• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CROCOP

chillzatl

• Admin

I would have posted this sooner, but I was in a state of shock. Did anyone else see the KO of heavyweight superstar Mirko "CRO-COP" Filipovic on saturday night? UGH....it was probably the best KO by kick I've ever seen. SUcks that it was Mirko taking it and not the one dishing it out, but owell, that's MMA. He'll be back and will likely pummel Gonzaga if he gets a rematch. I can see Gonzaga taking out Randy and the Mirko gets his rematch for the belt.

Quote:

I would have posted this sooner, but I was in a state of shock. Did anyone else see the KO of heavyweight superstar Mirko "CRO-COP" Filipovic on saturday night? UGH....it was probably the best KO by kick I've ever seen. SUcks that it was Mirko taking it and not the one dishing it out, but owell, that's MMA. He'll be back and will likely pummel Gonzaga if he gets a rematch. I can see Gonzaga taking out Randy and the Mirko gets his rematch for the belt.

I saw it and was in shock as well. CroCop did not look good at all on the ground, and I'm afraid that if Gonzaga didn't catch him with that wicked kick that he would have taken him down again in the second.

I expect Gonzaga to beat Couture (Silivia was a paper champion anyways) and rematch with CroCop

The fight I'm really looking forward to is Liddell vs. Jackson - it should be a war.

• Admin

Yah, you can tell when Crocop isn't in it early on because he's not aggresive. Other than a body kick he didn't really land anything on Gonzaga. Gonzaga took the centerof the cage immediately and it seems to really throw him off. The leg kick was pure fluke though. I'd almost guarantee you that Mirko wattched every piece of tape they could find on him and never once did he throw a head kick. Owell, it as a legit win though. Oh yah, about the elbows. In pride, they can't use elbows on the ground like that, so it was the first time Mirko had been in that situation. he also doesn't train with a cage, which will likely change now.

Yah, I'm looking forward to page/liddell. I'm a big chuck fan, but I also like rampage. Depending on which Rampage shows up, he could win. He completely pounded chuck in their first fight, but Chuck is a much better fighter now. I'd like to see chuck win a bruising five round decision, but I would be just as happy seeing rampage do the same.

Quote:

Yeah I saw it, I think he was kind of worn out after the guy took him down the first time. But yeah, that kick was CRAZY.. Remember Crocop's ankle when he fell? I wonder if he had damage to it, his ankle did a complete 180.

Yeah, i thought he [censored] up his leg for real. He stood up though so nothing wrong with it i guess.

I think that Crocop didn't take the fight seriously enough. He had a guard on and when that guy raised his leg Crocop put his arms down expecting a body kick or something. It was a great kick by Gonzo in Crocop stylie.

Crocop is my favorite fighter and than the ICeman, i hope he beats Jackson.

• Admin

no, no damage fortunately, just a sprain. The theory is that he was out cold, so he was completely relaxed and it just went where it went. It could have been a career ender though. He basically fell the same way Vick did when he broke his leg. He got lucky for sure.

I'm sure the elbows to his head had their effect, but I don't think he was worn out. He went the distance with Fedor and was ready for more. A half a round with Gonzaga on top of him isn't going to gas him.

• Admin

The kick, while great, was a lucky shot. Crocop trains for what his opponent does and I'd put money on it that Gonzaga hasn't thrown a high kick in a serious fight in years, if ever. I look for Gonzaga to beat Randy and that will setup Mirko for a rematch with Gonzaga for the title. I would expect crocop to pummel him.

I was speechless as I watched the fight. Cro Cop just didnt look as if he was into the fight. As far as Randy vs Gonzaga.....no way Couture loses. I have never been a huge sylvia fan but the way Randy dominated him in that fight says a lot about couture.

In the "you heard it here 1st" category.....Rashad Evans defeats Tito Ortiz next month. I think that Evans is on his way to a title fight with the Iceman. The only thing that will beat Evans is his conditioning, or lack thereof. We all know what an animal tito is in traing and how well conditioned he is. If it is a all out war tito will more than likely outlast Evans but if Rashad can control the pace he will win. He is a better wrestler and a better striker than tito. Tito's only advantage is on the ground and he will have a tough time getting the fight there.

I was at the Arena watching it live. I was absolutely shocked when he was knocked out. But it was no fluke. Gonzaga bossed the whole fight. The UFC must be upset that the Randy versus CroCop superfight is now off though... Also Bisping got a huge reception in Manchester - was a great night!