• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stan Van Gundy Interviewing

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

...with the Bobcats. They are going to be VERY strong after this draft, after resigning Wallace, with a coach like Van Gundy.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._charlotte_job/

What's our "talking points" reason for not making a coaching change? Bobby Knight and Larry Brown "protege"? Injuries excuse? No talking of his actual COACHING!

Man, our ownership has NO BALLS! None.

W

Quote:

Time to get over it. BK and Woody WILL BE here another year. Honestly, it's not that bad.

Yes it is these two guys are the reason this franchise hasnt done jack crap the last 3 seasons. I dont give any props for a coach with a record like Woodson wat is is 26% win % thats a down right disgrace. And BK he passed on 2 ROYS in back 2 back years and took Childress over Deng and Iggy cmon now. You dont give props or have hope with these two clowns running the show.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Time to get over it. BK and Woody WILL BE here another year. Honestly, it's not that bad.

I'll keep fighting it. You won't change [censored]. MAYBE if enough people react negatively enough they will.

W

If SVG was coming in to be our coach all Hawks fans would be ecstatic. We would have an entirely new outlook on the team and our future.

These ASG guys are worse than Knight or Woodson. Truly, all of the evidence is there and they just make excuses. And when you hear Gearon say things like "best coach", and "smartest basketball man he ever met"...let's just say these guys are about as hopeless as I have ever seen.

That Gearon piece was the single most depressing thing I have seen in 25 years as a fan. Reading that I realized we have very little to be excited about because these guys couldn't possibly be successful with this franchise. Life typically doesn't reward stupid people or people in a line of work they fundamentally don't understand. There are a lot of successful people who can't win in the sports arena. People a lot more successful than any of the ASG.

The fact that Gearon misrepresented every situation he discussed was really disgusting. Throwing in analogies to Phil Jackson and Riley for good measure was truly a thing of shameless proportions. Those two have 13 rings combined and he mentions them in the same sentence with a GM and coach who have never won more than 30 games. Does he really think fans are that stupid? Or, is he that stupid?

Quote:

Quote:

I'll keep fighting it. You won't change [censored]. MAYBE if enough people react negatively enough they will.

W

You probably won't be changing [censored] either, cuz your complaints are falling on deaf ears (ownership ears). Plus, not too many people outside this contigent of hardcore Hawks fans give a damn about the Hawks. Honestly, there isn't much we can do about this.

Quote:

There are a lot of successful people who can't win in the sports arena. People a lot more successful than any of the ASG.

True. Donald Trump bombed as owner of the USFL New Jersey Generals despite signing star college players like Herschel Walker and Doug Flutie, partly I think because he wasn't so much concerned with the quality and welfare of his team as he was with elevating himself into the public eye and the headlines in hopes of eventually landing an NFL franchise.

He was also the person responsible for the downfall of the league, by browbeating and hectoring the rest of the USFL owners until they finally agreed to engage in the disastrous 'war against the NFL' by moving their games from springtime to the autumn, in order to go head to head with the National Football League. In the annals of bad moves, that ranks right down there with the worst of them.

I've held Trump in very low regard ever since, cause I used to love the USFL when I was a kid. I still do love it. Anyways, the one good result from that experience was that I believe it soured Trump's ambitions in the sports arena. He no longer wants into the NFL. He's found much easier ways to get his ego stroked.

Quote:

Depends on your standards. Compared to a death in the family, a train wreck, Katrina, 9/11, ... - it's not that bad. But compared to a successful sports franchise this is nearly as bad as it gets.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

But compared to a successful sports franchise this is nearly as bad as it gets.

Not really.

Bet ya can't.

W

Quote:

Quote:

But compared to a successful sports franchise this is nearly as bad as it gets.

Not really.

Owner situation

Undeveloped draft picks

Uneven distribution of talent across the positions

Poor trades

Losing record eight years in a row

Little or no cap space

Likely to lose our draft pick to the Suns

Poor media relations

Dwindling fan base

I'm sure it could get worse, but I can't think of a professional team that has been so badly managed. This is pretty bad.

Yeti, anyone who doesn't think this franchise is about as low as it gets, is rationalizing in a big way. Just the ownership situation and the semi-paralysis it has caused is different than anything in league history.

We also don't know the impact that Belkin's pulling his cash has had on operations. These guys threw in together for a reason. They now have one less owner to share the costs. I believe that one reason they keep the coach in place is that they can't afford to bring in a good one.

Why would Hawk fans be "ecstatic" with a Stan Van Gundy as coach?

He was replaced at Miami and that team had championship timber (obviously). He was replaced for a reason.

Particularily, what is the SVG offense? Why is he such a hire?

Quote:

Why would Hawk fans be "ecstatic" with a Stan Van Gundy as coach?

He was replaced at Miami and that team had championship timber (obviously). He was replaced for a reason.

Particularily, what is the SVG offense? Why is he such a hire?

I assumed Van Gundy was replaced because of Pat Riley's ego, not Stan Van Gundy's performance.

Van Gundy did take them to the playoffs the year before they had Shaq with a Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, a rookie Dwayne Wade and a rookie Udonis Haslem and whoever else they had.

• Premium Member

Nah... I don't want SVG...

He's not that good of a coach.

He had Wade, Shaq, and the gang and had a losing record.

He was soft...

We need a coach who is not soft. A coach who knows the game.

I would like us to get PJ Carlisimo...

He can run uptempo. He can bring us that cutting offense they use in SA...

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

We would be ecstatic because SVG is 10X coach that we have now. That's pretty much the main reason and I think it's a good one.

That's it? That is it ?? shrug.gif

Stan took a rag-tag bunch and rookie Wade to the playoffs and was booted out for Riley's ego.

Anyhow, I HOPE you are joking in your response.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Nah... I don't want SVG...

He's not that good of a coach.

He had Wade, Shaq, and the gang and had a losing record.

He was soft...

We need a coach who is not soft. A coach who knows the game.

I would like us to get PJ Carlisimo...

I don't recall the "losing record" you report so please cite it and under what circumstances.

Otherwise, you're funny. PJ to the rescue!

W