• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we get in on this?

Wurider05

I looked over it and I don't really see a place for us without taking a big/long contract for a player we don't need. I can see the trade like this:

Jermaine O'neal

Marquis Daniels

for

Steve Francis

Jamal Crawford

channing Frye

I don't want to touch any contracts like Crawford, Francis, Marbury, Murphy, Dunleavy, O'neal, Daniels, etc.

NY would have:

Stephon Marbury / Nate Robinson

Marquis Daniels / QRich

Jared Jeffries / Renaldo Balkman

Jermaine O'neal / David Lee

Eddy Curry / Randolph Morris

Indiana would have:

Steve Francis / Jamaal Tinsley

Jamal Crawford / Mike Dunleavy

Danny Granger / Shawne Williams

Troy Murphy / Ike Diogu

Jeff Foster / Channing Frye / David Harrison

Guest Walter

Quote:

NY would have:

Marquis Daniels / QRich

Strong team on paper with some of the necessary role players like Jeffries, Balkman, and Lee and less of the trouble-makers.

Quote:

Indiana would have:

Troy Murphy / Ike Diogu

Indiana is in a no win franchise situation. They've committed to big, long contracts to somehow compliment JO. A gut and rebuild really doesn't help them now as they would still be paying a huge amount in salaries to Dunleavy and Murphy, who might just be good and experienced enough with Francis to keep them from the top 3 picks (where you want to be if you gut and rebuild).

I simply believe Indy has to stand their ground and get more for JO. They likely have to deal him now, but they need more than Francis, Crawford, and Frye...two of which in Francis (2 years) and Crawford (4 years) are the type of personality they tried to rid themselves of just this past year. NY hardly has a pick worth mentioning to get in trade either. Just not good at all for Indy...

W

Quote:

I looked over it and I don't really see a place for us without taking a big/long contract for a player we don't need. I can see the trade like this:

Jermaine O'neal

Marquis Daniels

for

Steve Francis

Jamal Crawford

channing Frye

I don't want to touch any contracts like Crawford, Francis, Marbury, Murphy, Dunleavy, O'neal, Daniels, etc.

NY would have:

Marquis Daniels / QRich

Indiana would have:

Troy Murphy / Ike Diogu

where is the logic from Indy's side? that's a terrible trade for the Pacers.

O'Neal can ask all he wants, however Indiana still cuts his checks. they'd be foolish to trade O'Neal for that junk.

go over to the Knicks board at RealGM. they say Frye is so soft.

I agree Walter, it is just when you are dealing with JO's $20 million per or whatever and NY's ugly, UGLY contracts, you have to get creative. NY's most valuable players have the smallest contracts (David Lee, Channing Frye, Renaldo Balkman) and two of their reasonably priced players with value are Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry who Isiah has gone after personally.

Can we get up enough salary and value in a trade to get O'Niel or Gasol here ?

If Indy is truly rebuilding would they consider:

Marvin

Chill

Speedy

Lo

for: Jermaine O'Niel

I checked it out on Real GM and it works.

Trade Checker ID#3786831

I aslo tried 2 trades for Gasol just to see if mathematically possible.

Marvin / Chills / Speedy for Gasol works

Marvin / Chills / Lue / Wright for Gasol works too but I doubt they want Wright back.

Quote:

Marvin

Chill

Speedy

Lo

Trade Checker ID#3786831

Marvin / Chills / Lue / Wright for Gasol works too but I doubt they want Wright back.

i don't think Smoove, Joe and JO are enough to win a title. if they aren't where does that trade leave your franchise in 5 years?

to quote an NBA GM, the worst thing you can be in the NBA is to be that team that makes the playoffs as the 5 seed every year.

you have no cap space to sign anybody and you have no draft collateral to acquire talent either.

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin

Chill

Speedy

Lo

Trade Checker ID#3786831

i don't think Smoove, Joe and JO are enough to win a title. if they aren't where does that trade leave your franchise in 5 years?

to quote an NBA GM, the worst thing you can be in the NBA is to be that team that makes the playoffs as the 5 seed every year.

you have no cap space to sign anybody and you have no draft collateral to acquire talent either.

So do you think we go from a 30 win team to winning . I like a realistic baby step approach rather then praying for amiracle like: The only way that happens is to David Robinson is injured and cu=auing his team to win the lottery and Tim Duncan is in the draft.

I'm trying to be realistic here.

No the worse thing is to have missed the playoffs for 8 years in a row leaving the franchise without an identity or knowing what it takes to win consistently liekthe old Clippers and current Hawks. Get in the playoffs and quality veteran free agents will come to get you over the hump is the motto I think is realistic

What is your plan ? Stay staus quo and pray real hard for NBA wins. I pray alot but NBA games are not oneof the thinks I pray for.

We can stay status quo and hope Marvin and Chill become stars. I think there is a better chance J. O'Niel or Gasol get us over the hump and back into the playoffs.

A #5 seed in the Eastern Conferece where every team is even is a good thing not a bad. It is not like there is a current over powering dynasty to over throw in the East like Bulls were. Get to the playoffs and anything can happen. The year the Knicks went to the Fianls they were the #8 seed out of the East. Golden State just moved advanced as an #8 seed. The current parity in the league means it is time to compete now ! We saw the strides the Raptors made in one year. No reason the Hawks can't do the same.

A true all star low post presence guarantees us a spot in the playoffs. If the #11 pick is PG who is ready to play and can hit outside shots the team is pretty complete to make a run in the Eastern Conference next year. Detroit will be a year older and slower, only time befor the wheels fall off Webber and Wallace, ditto for Shaq and the aging Heat.

The Bulls, Raptors, Cavs, and Wizards would be the main competition next year and none of them are over powering or even close to a dynasty. Can Big Z sustain another year in Cleveland ? The Bulls roster would be dominated by us playing Hinerich or Gordon vs. JJ at 6'7'' 235 lbs. Raptors and Wizards would be no more of a complete team then the Hawks with O'Niel or Gasol.

Gasol has a bad wrap for not getting out of the 2nd round but he never played with anyone of JJ's talent and played alot of playoff series when the Western Conference was much more loaded then the current Eastern Conference.

Jermaine O'Niel proved he could get the Pacers to the Eastern Conference Fianls with Artest and a 40 year old Reggie Miller. I think JJ and Smoove could fill in here.

Would a 7' All Star Post player and a PG at #11 not be enough to get us over the hump ? It surely plugs our 2 holes and makes us a better team.

It would be enough to get me excited and probably create some buzz in the city about the Hawks for once. I know JJ wanted Gasol at the trade deadline. We need to keep JJ happy and heck give the city some reason to be interested in the Hawks again.

I agree coachx, the Hawks need that post player to get them into the playoffs next year for several reasons, not the least of which is getting our young players some experience. The fan base needs it as well.

I would rather have Gasol over JO, but I can see the argument for JO, I just think Gasol fits in better with what we already have.

As for what Memphis has to take back for a trade, they are going to have to eat a contract just to make the salaries work. Lets see if we get into the top 2 picks, if so then we can dangle the 11 pick for someone, or do one of those I choose for you, and then trade things.

The Hawks have a chance the summer to really help the team. Management may hold them back however...

I would counter that the worst thing you can do as a franchise/GM is to not make the playoffs for seven years running, have cap space to play with, and promise your fans every year that it's going to get better at some point. I would take a 5 seed in a heartbeat at this point.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin

Chill

Speedy

Lo

Trade Checker ID#3786831

So do you think we go from a 30 win team to winning . I like a realistic baby step approach rather then praying for amiracle like: The only way that happens is to David Robinson is injured and cu=auing his team to win the lottery and Tim Duncan is in the draft.

I'm trying to be realistic here.

No the worse thing is to have missed the playoffs for 8 years in a row leaving the franchise without an identity or knowing what it takes to win consistently liekthe old Clippers and current Hawks. Get in the playoffs and quality veteran free agents will come to get you over the hump is the motto I think is realistic

What is your plan ? Stay staus quo and pray real hard for NBA wins. I pray alot but NBA games are not oneof the thinks I pray for.

We can stay status quo and hope Marvin and Chill become stars. I think there is a better chance J. O'Niel or Gasol get us over the hump and back into the playoffs.

A #5 seed in the Eastern Conferece where every team is even is a good thing not a bad. It is not like there is a current over powering dynasty to over throw in the East like Bulls were. Get to the playoffs and anything can happen. The year the Knicks went to the Fianls they were the #8 seed out of the East. Golden State just moved advanced as an #8 seed. The current parity in the league means it is time to compete now ! We saw the strides the Raptors made in one year. No reason the Hawks can't do the same.

A true all star low post presence guarantees us a spot in the playoffs. If the #11 pick is PG who is ready to play and can hit outside shots the team is pretty complete to make a run in the Eastern Conference next year. Detroit will be a year older and slower, only time befor the wheels fall off Webber and Wallace, ditto for Shaq and the aging Heat.

The Bulls, Raptors, Cavs, and Wizards would be the main competition next year and none of them are over powering or even close to a dynasty. Can Big Z sustain another year in Cleveland ? The Bulls roster would be dominated by us playing Hinerich or Gordon vs. JJ at 6'7'' 235 lbs. Raptors and Wizards would be no more of a complete team then the Hawks with O'Niel or Gasol.

Gasol has a bad wrap for not getting out of the 2nd round but he never played with anyone of JJ's talent and played alot of playoff series when the Western Conference was much more loaded then the current Eastern Conference.

Jermaine O'Niel proved he could get the Pacers to the Eastern Conference Fianls with Artest and a 40 year old Reggie Miller. I think JJ and Smoove could fill in here.

Would a 7' All Star Post player and a PG at #11 not be enough to get us over the hump ? It surely plugs our 2 holes and makes us a better team.

It would be enough to get me excited and probably create some buzz in the city about the Hawks for once. I know JJ wanted Gasol at the trade deadline. We need to keep JJ happy and heck give the city some reason to be interested in the Hawks again.

my plan would be to keep the nucleus the Hawks have in place intact as opposed to freaking out and grasping at straws.

JO has a lot of mileage on his body. wouldn't it make sense to stand pat for now as your team develops? this age thing is not an excuse. you have to give the players you draft time to develop.

if you want to make the argument that winning is a step in the right direction I can make the counter arguement that the Hawks can win with the current team plus a legitimate PG.

who is going to pass the ball to JO under this scenario? trading Marvin and Chillz along with a future 1st (their asking price will be high for O'Neal) along with cap filler would be a short term fix that could lead to the Hawks being right back in the lottery.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

We're in the lottery every year as it is now.

with a roster that has 10X the promise of 5 years ago.

That's a joke. The roster we SHOULD have had would have had 10x the promise. This roster has 1.5 times the promise and twice as many holes. We won't even be able to keep these guys because we can't commit everything to the forward (or BU Pg as we are now) position and we can't sign players over 4 years.

W