• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There are 2 possibilities, but you won't like em

CBAreject

Lot's of folks are saying Hibbert or Conley (I've been one of them), but I've been mulling this over, and I think neither one will be the pick. I would be content with Conley there but not Hibbert, as I've explained in another post. BK will choose neither, however.

There are two choices worthy of the #3 pick:

1) Yi

2) Brandan Wright

Here's why (and I'm going off of reports on Yi). Both of these guys have a strong chance to be all-stars at the 4. That's great. We do not so much need a 4, since Smoove can play there, BUT we need more outstanding players, regardless of position.

Conley is the only other player you can justify drafting 3rd, but I wouldn't take him here. The trouble is that there are two PG's who will be there at 11, and I'm not sure Conley will be better than either. I believe Crittenton is a top 8 or so talent who will fall to 11th because of lack of publicity.

So, I think you take the better prospect of Wright and Yi. You draft the best PG at 11th. At center, we are still in trouble, but that does NOT mean we should overdraft Hibbert.

Here are a couple of options.

1) Draft Wright and play him at center. I don't know if that works, but the PHX and GS models say it could. I don't like small ball, and everybody knows how important I think a true big is. This is an option, though.

2) Draft Wright or Yi and play him as one of two forwards with Smoove. TRADE for a center. The options here are:

2a) Trade MW for a pick 6-9 to get Hibbert

2b) Trade MW in a package for Bynum

2c) Trade MW in a package for Dalembert

2c will make some of you shudder, but Dalembert is a fair player. He's just not as good as his contract.

I should add option 2d which is go back in time and sign Tyson Chandler.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Lot's of folks are saying Hibbert or Conley (I've been one of them), but I've been mulling this over, and I think neither one will be the pick. I would be content with Conley there but not Hibbert, as I've explained in another post. BK will choose neither, however.

1) Yi

2) Brandan Wright

Here's why (and I'm going off of reports on Yi). Both of these guys have a strong chance to be all-stars at the 4. That's great. We do not so much need a 4, since Smoove can play there, BUT we need more outstanding players, regardless of position.

Conley is the only other player you can justify drafting 3rd, but I wouldn't take him here. The trouble is that there are two PG's who will be there at 11, and I'm not sure Conley will be better than either. I believe Crittenton is a top 8 or so talent who will fall to 11th because of lack of publicity.

So, I think you take the better prospect of Wright and Yi. You draft the best PG at 11th. At center, we are still in trouble, but that does NOT mean we should overdraft Hibbert.

1) Draft Wright and play him at center. I don't know if that works, but the PHX and GS models say it could. I don't like small ball, and everybody knows how important I think a true big is. This is an option, though.

2) Draft Wright or Yi and play him as one of two forwards with Smoove. TRADE for a center. The options here are:

2c will make some of you shudder, but Dalembert is a fair player. He's just not as good as his contract.

I like 2c...Lue/MW for Bynum

Lineup.

Bynum/ZaZa

Yi/SW

JS/JC

JJ/JC

Crittenton/our mega million dollar BU PG trio

W

Quote:

So I'm just curious, CBA - I agree that we can't justify taking Hibbert at 3, and don't really like Conley there either. It's been bothering me, so whoever we decide is best of Yi and Wright goes with the 3 pick. So if Hibbert falls down to 11, do we take him or the PG?

Yi is a significantly better pick than taking another 6'9 guy who could be the next Marvin except significantly worse free throw shooter.

Quote:

1) Yi

2) Brandan Wright

I agree with there are only 2 options but the way you explain it was all wrong. Wright is a PF, you have to let go of Josh Smith though trade or Sheldon though trade, Sheldon doesn't have any value so Smith has to go. We do need to trade for or sign a Center but I doubt we will be fortunate enuff to do so. Me personally, I would like to have Chris Mihm. Yi is someone I would like mainly for business purposes. He will give us a bigger fanbase instantly as soon as draft and national games in China.

Have to play devil's advocate CBA why would LA trade there big man Bynum knowing how hard it is to get one? I don't think Marvin has has much stock value has some think since he doesn't play alot and no one knows his potential. Has much as I want Bynum the Lakers may want more.Lue isn't worth alot and you can't teach size in Bynum.

If there was some way to get more from the lakers I could see them asking for Smoove.Smoove is a more proven player but again the lack of a big man in the league causes Bynum's stock to soar.

Quote:

Quote:

So I'm just curious, CBA - I agree that we can't justify taking Hibbert at 3, and don't really like Conley there either. It's been bothering me, so whoever we decide is best of Yi and Wright goes with the 3 pick. So if Hibbert falls down to 11, do we take him or the PG?

Yi is a significantly better pick than taking another 6'9 guy who could be the next Marvin except significantly worse free throw shooter.

I remember when guys like you was calling Deron the next bust and saying he is too out of shape to be a good NBA player. That how guys who talk like you aren't crediable. Brandan Wright is not the next Marvin, he is much better then Marvin, and they play different positions with different roles.

Brendan Wright is a far superior ball-handler, shot-blocker, and rebounder to Marvin Williams. He's also closer to 6'10", and he has a huge wingspan.

Wright is going to be a true PF. He probably won't be Kevin Garnett, but could he be Chris Bosh??? Dunno. Bosh seemed a little better to me, but I'm a Techie, so I saw him more. Bosh also got significantly more minutes and touches as a frosh than Wright because he was on a worse team. Wright's FT% was concerning, but his FG% was phenomenal. Sometimes college players can post an artifically low FT% because of the short seasons, but it's still concerning. His FG% was puffed up by all of his catch and dunk plays, but honestly, we have to give him credit for having outstanding length and great hands. That's not something that just any player can do (get position, catch the ball, go up without getting it blocked).

Brandan Wright is going to be good, but Smoove is already quite good (and improving still). We should not draft a player with the intention of trading Smoove unless that guy is just a freak. We would get worse in the whole transaction, and while I normally wouldn't mind that temporarily, not having a pick next year makes it unappealing.

MW isn't that good, but he has potential, and his value is enough to get us a pick to take Hibbert, IMO.

Quote:

Brendan Wright is a far superior ball-handler, shot-blocker, and rebounder to Marvin Williams. He's also closer to 6'10", and he has a huge wingspan.

Wright is going to be a true PF. He probably won't be Kevin Garnett, but could he be Chris Bosh??? Dunno. Bosh seemed a little better to me, but I'm a Techie, so I saw him more. Bosh also got significantly more minutes and touches as a frosh than Wright because he was on a worse team. Wright's FT% was concerning, but his FG% was phenomenal. Sometimes college players can post an artifically low FT% because of the short seasons, but it's still concerning. His FG% was puffed up by all of his catch and dunk plays, but honestly, we have to give him credit for having outstanding length and great hands. That's not something that just any player can do (get position, catch the ball, go up without getting it blocked).

Bosh and him aren't similar, there not, he not similar Bosh. I watch Bosh games at GT, he wasn't as good as Wright nor were they similar other then the fact that they were skinny. Alot of Wright shots were legit, it wasn't just dunking, and put-backs, Bosh is a faceup player, Wright is a back to the basket player, and plays bigger then his size player and is more aggressive as well. Man I got class tomm. I could go on for days about this, I know his game and his potenital and it's down right scary. I have no doubt on his stardom in this league.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Have to play devil's advocate CBA why would LA trade there big man Bynum knowing how hard it is to get one?

Marvin/SW or MW/11 (sent to Minny) for Bynum/19 could be more attractive to Minnesota.

I'm not against trading the #3 pick/Lue for Bynum/19. LA moves the #3 pick to Minnesota with Odom/Radman to get Garnett. We get Bynum (better than Hibbert for our team IMO) and at 19 get the last of the 3 Pgs, Rudy Fernandez, or trade for a Pg (say Sergio Rodriguez or Jack if Portland is serious about moving a Pg). If we got Sergio/Bynum for 3/Lue then the 11th pick would be gravy where we pick "the best of who falls" to 11. Let's say Jeff Green falls:

Lineup:

Bynum/ZaZa

JS/SW

Greene/JC

JJ/JC

Sergio "the Spanish Magician" Rodriguez/Speedy/AJ

I'll take that. Potential at every position and some star potential at both Pg, C, and maybe at Sf with Greene.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Have to play devil's advocate CBA why would LA trade there big man Bynum knowing how hard it is to get one?

Marvin/SW or MW/11 (sent to Minny) for Bynum/19 could be more attractive to Minnesota.

I'm not against trading the #3 pick/Lue for Bynum/19. LA moves the #3 pick to Minnesota with Odom/Radman to get Garnett. We get Bynum (better than Hibbert for our team IMO) and at 19 get the last of the 3 Pgs, Rudy Fernandez, or trade for a Pg (say Sergio Rodriguez or Jack if Portland is serious about moving a Pg). If we got Sergio/Bynum for 3/Lue then the 11th pick would be gravy where we pick "the best of who falls" to 11. Let's say Jeff Green falls:

Lineup:

Bynum/ZaZa

JS/SW

Greene/JC

JJ/JC

Sergio "the Spanish Magician" Rodriguez/Speedy/AJ

I'll take that. Potential at every position and some star potential at both Pg, C, and maybe at Sf with Greene.

W

Why trade Marvin, if we get Wright he is a much better fit then Smith, plus Smith stock is higher then Marvin and we can get more value, and I don't think Bynum is quite good yet, he is 3 years away right now.

Quote:

Brandan Wright is going to be good, but Smoove is already quite good (and improving still). We should not draft a player with the intention of trading Smoove unless that guy is just a freak. We would get worse in the whole transaction, and while I normally wouldn't mind that temporarily, not having a pick next year makes it unappealing.

MW isn't that good, but he has potential, and his value is enough to get us a pick to take Hibbert, IMO.

Josh Smith isn't good at all, I know his game and there is room for growth but not with the Hawks, he reach he point and personally I would like to see him traded now that we have a franchise player.

Quote:

I'm not against trading the #3 pick/Lue for Bynum/19. LA moves the #3 pick to Minnesota with Odom/Radman to get Garnett.

Oh God, this. Can we do this? We don't even need the 19 pick back. I would do 3 and Lue for Bynum in a heartbeat, and pick up whoever's left with 11. Hell, I'd trade 3/11/Lue for Bynum/19 if need be.

Quote:

Josh Smith isn't good at all, I know his game and there is room for growth but not with the Hawks, he reach he point and personally I would like to see him traded now that we have a franchise player.

You're out your damn mind. Josh Smith would have terrorized college basketball this year. Wright may be slightly taller with a better wing span but other than that Smoove has way more potential.

Brandan Wright isn't even the 3rd best prospect in the draft.

Quote:

Quote:

Man I got class tomm.
I could go on for days about this, I know his game and his potenital and it's down right scary. I have no doubt on his stardom in this league.

I thought you were a professional scout?

Perhaps he's still in middle school. Maybe that explains some of the asinine statements like Josh Smith isn't very good and should be traded

Quote:

So I'm just curious, CBA - I agree that we can't justify taking Hibbert at 3...

Are you all nuts? (no offense VS - I would like to get a 7'+ center out of Georgetown - center city - who held his own or better against Oden in the NCAA's at the 5 or 6 in a trade-down if possible) But really, are you all nuts? How many 7-2 260 pounders are we gonna run into here shortly? You prefer a 6 foot and 1/2" freshman PG who got to play with Oden at OSU?....what do you think Augustin would have done in the same place?

Take the Big! Then take the best PG left at #11. For once we have to take the big...

Hibbert is listed as 7'2" - 278 LBS on the Georgetown Athletics website. Not 6'11" (and really 6'9 and a half).

He's definitely over 7'

Quote:

Take the Big! Then take the best PG left at #11. For once we have to take the big...

Hibbert is listed as 7'2" - 278 LBS on the Georgetown Athletics website. Not 6'11" (and really 6'9 and a half).

He's definitely over 7'

Yeah unlike all these other big men that aren't really 7 feet even with shoes on like Dwight, Dirk, Okafor, etc. Hibbert is unquestionably a legit 7 footer with our without shoes.

Im just interested to see what he weighs. If he truly is 278 pounds and he looks good in workouts, I don't see how we could possibly pass on him.

May if he's 278 he could bulk up to 300. Wow that would scary