• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SEATTLE TRADES GARY PAYTON TO UNKNOWN TEAM????

dimes4life

From my guys at RealGM...

A few sources are reporting that the Sonics and Bucks have agreed to trade Ray Allen and Gary Payton. Mike Monroe stated that the trade was "complicated" on a Los Angeles radio station earlier today. KJR-AM in Seattle is discussing the rumor. Further speculation says the deal is complete and that other players involved are Desmond Mason, Kevin Ollie and Joel Przybilla.

Apparently the Sonics will announce a trade at a 2:00PM PST press conference (5:00PM EST).

The deal could be a 3-team deal that also sends Kenny Anderson to New Orleans in exchange for Elden Campbell.

• Admin

Excellent trade for the Bucks since they also got Mason. Sonics are suddenly without a point guard now with both ANderson adn Payton being traded.

The Bucks are really building a nice team in Milwakee. It will be interesting to see what they do the rest of the season. I wonder why they did not also deal Cassel.

I'm one that doesn't really feel this helps either team. The Bucks are giving up Ray Allen for a half season rental of Gary Payton it seems. Will he resign in Milwaukee?

The Sonics give up their possible cap room by dealing Payton. I was thinking that they would be prime players making a run at Jason Terry.

Payton is a HUGE upgrade over Cassell and Mason is a talented young player who makes losing Ray Allen a lot easier. I think that MIL has as good a chance to sign GP as anyone in the offseason.

George Karl now has the components to play D the way his Sonics teams used to play it.

Johnson

Mason

Thomas

Mason

GP

will be a very tough defensive unit. When they need an offensiver spark, Cassell, Redd and Kukoc can come to the rescue.

In addition, I think I could parlay all that talent into a helluva squad in the offseason. Even if GP doesn't resign, they can sign and trade him for talent. I LOVE this move for the Bucks.

As for Seattle, Allen is a great player but I don't see how the Sonics improved by giving up two very talented players for one. And why trade Anderson for Campbell? Both have ending contracts and they obviously need a PG. Now they have Campbell, James and Booth at Center. Unless there is something else out there that we aren't seeing, I don't get that move either.

Traceman I wouldn't pencil Mason into the starting lineup over Redd. I would love to have Redd hear in atlanta. We need a sweet shooting SG.

Your right it seems like the Bucks made out like bandits in this trade. Maybe seattle had another deal that failed and now they don't have a PT. They could always do what we do and sign Mike Wilks. LOL

I was discussing this trade with Jaywalker and I told him that I wouldn't be surprised to see Redd starting due to the fact that he is more familiar with Karl's system.

From a talent standpoint, they both bring a lot to the table. Redd is a better shooter but Mason is a better defender/athlete and while he's not the shooter Redd is, he can score. I don't really think it matters who starts because both have proven to be very effective 6th men in the NBA. Cassell is the one who is likely to find himself spending a lot of time on the bench.

As for Redd, I don't know if you remember but he was the FA that I most wanted the Hawks to pursue with our MCE. That was even before we made the trade for Big Dog. I LOVE his game and I would love to see him as a Hawk.