• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3&11, Lo, Marvin, Shelden, Lue for KG&7 pick

elyiye

Atlanta receives: Kevin Garnett & 7 pick (Conley Jr.)

Minnesota receives: 3 & 11 pick (B.Wright/Yi & Noah/Hawes)

Marvin Williams

Shelden Williams (or Childress)

Lorenzen Wright

T.Lue (i wish Speedy)

Lineup 2007: Foye/Davis/Marvin/B.Wright/Noah

Maybe is a fair deal, imagine this Atlanta lineup 2007:

1.- Conley/ Speedy / AJ

2.- Joe J/ Childress/ Salim

3.- Josh Smith/ J.Childress

4.- KG / JSmith / Solomon

5.- Zaza / Batista/ Solomon

Do you think Minnesota accept this ? or Atlanta?

You wouldn't do it from Atlanta's perspective, BusBoy? I don't understand why, I wouldn't do it from Minnesota's (though it would be tempting)

How exactly can Atlanta lock up all five positions this offseason better than what would happen in this trade? There are NOT any better C options than Zaza in the draft now that Hibbert is gone, and trading for Garnett is by all means an upgrade over drafting Wright. Assuming Conley is still there at the 7 pick, he'd also be an upgrade over who we would take at the 11.

By shedding Lue/Wright/Marvin/Extra Draft Pick/either Shelden or Childress, you're not putting a salary burden on the team, as the sum of all that is a wash with Garnett at the least. As for depth, what does that even matter right now? If Woodson does stay, he only plays his top 7 anyways. Solomon, Speedy, AJ, and Shelden or Childress will still be there for a 9 man rotation.

Wheras Minnesota has potential, yes, but a team of Foye/Davis/Marvin/Wright/Blount isn't exactly an upgrade over what they already had, and now their big trading chip in Garnett is gone.

Quote:

There are NOT any better C options than Zaza in the draft now that Hibbert is gone

Here is where I disagree. If you wait to #11 to get a C, then sure Zaza's got him beat because it will be jack squat left.

But not at 3, certainly not at 3.

Zaza Pachulia is not a better prospect than Joakim Noah or Yi Jianlian. Zaza's a nice bargain for what we paid for him but do you really think he's better than two guys who could have been the #1 pick in last year's draft?

Quote:

Neither one of those guys is a center. Yi is considered by a lot of people to not even be strong enough to play PF. And if we start the season with Noah at the C, then I will renounce my fandom.

Both are listed at PF/C.

Noah isn't a popular player outside the Hawks fanbase but from day one he'll be a better defender than Pachulia who A)Can't play D and B)Gives a half-ass effort trying to play it

Yi has the height to play center, but not the strength or the defensive ability we should look for in a center. He is more of a SF/PF (albeit from the small sample of video I've been able to see).

Noah on the other hand I could see playing center in an up tempo style offense. Do we play that style? No. But if he hits the weight room I can see him doing just fine. He is a help defender more than a "defensive presence" much like Smoove is, but I think he would be a good pick all the same. Only he is a serious reach at #3, and is better suited to #11 where I think he will still be available at.

I like this deal for the Hawks as well. I don't know if Minny would do it, but it really is a nice package and seems fair for both teams. KG/JJ/Smoove is an incredible nucleus to base a team around. Adding either Conley or Law (Hopefully Conley) at PG, and retaining ZaZa at center would make us a contender in the east. I really think Minny would hold out for Smoove, and I wouldn't give him up in this package.

Quote:

Marvin Williams

Lorenzen Wright

T.Lue (i wish Speedy)

1.- Conley/ Speedy / AJ

This would be tempting for Minnesota and as much as I like Marvin, I would do this in a heartbeat!

We would instantly be a top 4 team in the east. And if the chemistry was right, who knows what the limit would be.

Quote:

Marvin Williams

Lorenzen Wright

T.Lue (i wish Speedy)

1.- Conley/ Speedy / AJ

other then this just being really stupid because he will only have him for one year, his salary is 30 million, I don't think if you put JJ in the deal it would match.

I don't think 2 years of KG is worth 2 lottery pick. I'd offer this package...

Zaza Pachulia

Josh Childress

Marvin Williams

Lorenzen Wright

Speedy Claxton

for

KG / cheap roster balance player

See if anyone outbids that. If so? So be it. That trade pretty much gives them a couple of starters and some bench guys BUT we actually save money by moving Claxton, we can target BPA (Yi?) at #3 and maybe look at best PG/C available at #11. Crittenton? That trade would give us some short term star power and reduce redundancy. Who outside of maybe Chicago could/would offer a package better than Marvin/Chill/Zaza?

Minnesota would have

Foye / James / Hudson / Claxton

Davis / Childress / McCants

Marvin / Hassell

Zaza / Blount

Plus #7 pick to look for a starting PF. They could look at either Brandan Wright, Al Horford or Joakim Noah.

We have..... Crittenton / Joe / Smith / Yi / Garnett with little depth. We can use marginal cap space on the short term to add a veteran wing and a veteran big to come off the bench. What veteran wouldn't want to play with Joe / Smith / Garnett?

I KNOW we are getting a future HOF player here for basically a lot of clutter and potential BUT how many teams would offer more? I don't see Charlotte trading away their young talent. Chicago is a team that could certainly beat our package. Phoenix could beat our package with some sort of Shawn Marion / Boris / Barbosa deal. I think Portland could as well with a Randolph / Webster / Aldridge package. I just don't see those teams doing it outside of maybe Chicago.

Basically my point is, if we are going to have to give away our future for 2 years of a player no matter how good, we shouldn't have to give away both our lottery picks.

Quote:

Zaza Pachulia

Josh Childress

Marvin Williams

Lorenzen Wright

Speedy Claxton

for

See if anyone outbids that. If so? So be it. That trade pretty much gives them a couple of starters and some bench guys BUT we actually save money by moving Claxton, we can target BPA (Yi?) at #3 and maybe look at best PG/C available at #11. Crittenton? That trade would give us some short term star power and reduce redundancy. Who outside of maybe Chicago could/would offer a package better than Marvin/Chill/Zaza?

Minnesota would have

Marvin / Hassell

Zaza / Blount

Plus #7 pick to look for a starting PF. They could look at either Brandan Wright, Al Horford or Joakim Noah.

We have..... Crittenton / Joe / Smith / Yi / Garnett with little depth. We can use marginal cap space on the short term to add a veteran wing and a veteran big to come off the bench. What veteran wouldn't want to play with Joe / Smith / Garnett?

I KNOW we are getting a future HOF player here for basically a lot of clutter and potential BUT how many teams would offer more? I don't see Charlotte trading away their young talent. Chicago is a team that could certainly beat our package. Phoenix could beat our package with some sort of Shawn Marion / Boris / Barbosa deal. I think Portland could as well with a Randolph / Webster / Aldridge package. I just don't see those teams doing it outside of maybe Chicago.

Basically my point is, if we are going to have to give away our future for 2 years of a player no matter how good, we shouldn't have to give away both our lottery picks.

You don't want to give up two lottery picks but you are willing to trade a recent number 2 overall pick and recent number 6 overall pick?

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza Pachulia

Josh Childress

Marvin Williams

Lorenzen Wright

Speedy Claxton

for

Minnesota would have

Marvin / Hassell

Zaza / Blount

You don't want to give up two lottery picks but you are willing to trade a recent number 2 overall pick and recent number 6 overall pick?

Glad someone else saw that. Plus, I think KG needs to go somewhere like Houston where he doesn't have to be the #1 option. I feel he is better suited as a #2 player. Would it work with JJ? Possibly.

I don't necessarily want to trade for KG but that is what the subject line was about. I personally value #3 more than Marvin and I value #11 more than Childress right now. Also, with Childress, he will be a RFA next year and are we willing to pay him to stay on the bench? I'd rather have a #11 pick with 4 years of rookie salary to sit on the bench. I actually like Childress and thinks that is a valuable part of a trade assuming the team he goes to wants to resign him. All in all, I probably would be hesitant to make a deal for any player already past their prime. (JO/KG)

I see what you are saying, though. If Marvin will ever become the player we want him to then 'heck no', I want to keep him.

Quote:

I don't necessarily want to trade for KG but that is what the subject line was about. I personally value #3 more than Marvin and I value #11 more than Childress right now. Also, with Childress, he will be a RFA next year and are we willing to pay him to stay on the bench? I'd rather have a #11 pick with 4 years of rookie salary to sit on the bench. I actually like Childress and thinks that is a valuable part of a trade assuming the team he goes to wants to resign him. All in all, I probably would be hesitant to make a deal for any player already past their prime. (JO/KG)

I see what you are saying, though. If Marvin will ever become the player we want him to then 'heck no', I want to keep him.

I would value them more as well but for the fact that it appears BK will be making the picks again for the Hawks. As a result, its a push.