• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Article on dog.

ATLien_

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Your JT hate is what shows a lack of common sense.

JT is the only player that can legitimately create his own shot on this team. He's a playmaker. He makes things happen on the court.

First off, I don't hate JT. I just realize that JT is a SG and NOT a PG. However, to answer this first thing....

I agree, JT is the only player that can create his own Shot. However, he's not a playmaker. Those are two different things. NOt to be lumped into one. JT lacks the court vision. He doesn't have the drive to be a playermaker (PG). If JT were on a team with GP, Tim Thomas, Toni Kukoc, and Dan Gadzurich.... Do you think that JT would want the ball in his hands. Do you think with all those guys who can score and finish that JT would want to be the one who makes the play? [censored] NO. JT would give the ball to Toni or GP and set up for his shot. JT IS A SG.... Plain and Simple. However, if you put Marbury in that Same position, or Davis in that same position, or even Cassell in that same position... These guys who you think are so like JT (because they could score) would want their chance to run that offensive machine.

In reply to:

The Glenn Robinson criticism is founded. He's a role player that thinks he is a superstar, so he shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots, even though his shooting hurts the team because it keeps the two best players on the team from touching the ball.

It's already been mentioned to you that SAR and JT are getting about the same number of Shots as they did last yr.

Reef... 16.84spg lastyr , 14.56spg now.

JT...... 16.84 spg lastyr, 14.34 now

Not a very big difference at all. Especially when you considered that Big Dog brings in 20 more ppg and opens the floor for Reef to work.

In reply to:

Now JT has forgotten how to pass? Yeah, I guess that's why he is currently 7th in the league in assists.

You know on this great list that we keep hearing about is Jason Williams (memphis) #6. Actually JT is now tied for 8. And #11 on this list is Kobe Bryant. Now... Kobe is just as much a SG as Allan Houston... However, even a SG can put up assist numbers. Kevin Garnette also falls into the top 25. The point is that it doesn't mean that you are a play maker or running the offense if you are getting 7 apg. It just means that you are the primary ball handler like these guys.

In reply to:

Glenn Robinson is a player that does one thing well. His mid range game.

AND?

If we had Allan Houston and his one thing he does well was his outside shot, would that be a problem? Yes Grob is a role player. His role is to take the pressure off of SAR. However, why not look at him as a tool in this respect. That being the case, the question becomes... WHY DOES JT DEFER HIS OFFENSIVE RESPONSIBILITY TO GROB IN THE FIRSTPLACE? A few weeks ago, I was watching a game and Grob didn't call for the ball, but almost everytime down, JT would cross the half court line and pass the ball to Grob. Then DD came into the game and he didn't give up the ball to Grob so easily. How hard is it to realize that there's a time to use a certain tool? KB, if everytime, something broke down in your house, you went and worked on it with your hammer would that make you a good fixer of things? That's what 7 assist JT does. And you call him a playmaker?

Jt and SAR might be putting up the same numbers

but both are playing blow a level than they were

last year.Last year they just wasn't talented

enough to win.

Like I said,SAR will get froze out by GB and JT some

times....but he never carries the weight on his

shoulder.With Reef it's always gunna be more

about what he COULD do than what he does.

I think Robinson should be the 3rd option scorer.JT

has been FAR FAR less explosive this year.Last

year he was a threat to hit 30 points on any game.

Now he rarely even hits 20 it seems like.

• Premium Member

When JT has the ball in his hands, there are three choices...

1. Pass to Reef.

2. Pass to Grob.

3. Keep it myself and try to draw the defense.

These are too many choices for JT. It's not the first time his PGing ability has been questioned... At UA, Lute didn't use JT as a starter and he choose Bibby over JT because Lute realized that JT couldn't handle the offense. Also, JT has a scorers mentality and never had the mentality of a PG which is why Bibby was prefered over him..

http://www.dailyemerald.com/archive/v100/2/990121/terry.html

I believe if we had another capable PG in here, that our offense would work a lot better. That's not to say that JT is a bad player... Quite the opposite. However, when you look at him, you have to realize that he's an undersized SG... Not a PG.

You really should quit making crap up.

Jason Terry offered to come off the bench because he felt he would respond better than Mike Bibby had Bibby come off the bench.

Last time I checked, it was Jason Terry that was named the Pac 10 Player of the Year, not Mike Bibby. It was Jason Terry who got at least one National Player of the Year Award (Sports Illustrated). It was Jason Terry who won every national defensive player of the year award there was. It was Jason Terry who played as a starter without Simon and Dickerson to help him, and still lead the Pac 10 in scoring, assists, and steals. The first player to do so since Gary Payton. And he was playing the point guard position in the process.

I can show you several scouting reports on Jason Terry coming out of college, and none of them mention that he is a shooting guard.

Diesel,

The criticism of Big Loaf is quite rooted in fact.

He plays the worst defense on a poor defensive team.

He is not a team oriented player. He refuses to acknowledge other players once he touches the ball - leading to missed shots, lost opportunities and turnovers.

He has quite a lazy work ethic and it is rubbing off on the team. (that is opinion)

He makes dumb basketball decisions on both ends of the court.

He is too slow in transition to the defensive end, which translates into an easy 10 PPG for the other team. He launches a shot and watches it ... doesn't get back to the defensive end and his man gets dunks.

JT is easily our second best player, but that isn't saying much.

Play.

• Premium Member

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/91/98/11_1_m.html

In reply to:

"(Bibby's signing) affected me for a while," Terry said.
"Based on a lot of things, I knew I wouldn't be starting but I have my role now."

Doesn't sound like JT giving up anything. Sounds more like JT realizing that he wasn't going to be the starter to me? In fact, it sounds like if he had his way, he would be starting.

That's the total opposite of the picture you tried to paint? I wish you'd quit making up crap.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Terry to Reef last year was no different than Payton to Kemp, but you refuse to see that. You refuse to look at the fact that over the latter part of last season, not only were JT and Reef getting 20 a game, not only was JT picking up 8 assists a game, but guys like DerMarr Johnson and Ira Newble were getting the ball in good scoring position.

And you fail to realize the difference that Vaughn and Toni made on this team. I don't miss what JT did. What I do see is that JT didn't have many choices as far as Scorers goes. We played Toni less, added Demarr, Ira (neither of whom can get close to 20 ppg) and played better defense. AND JT was forced to play more at PG AND to share time with VAUGHN. The offense worked better. There are many factors in that. Mainly... There was only one scoring option. I really believe that having more than one scoring option clouds JT's judgement. Especially when the coaching is not precise.

Secondly, when I watched JT play last season, those assists wasn't the result of playmaking. He was just able to throw the pass into the post. I contend that JT does NOTHING to direct our offense. He didn't then and he doesn't now.

...what you want to read into them?

That article does nothing but speak glowingly of Jason Terry. It comes short of saying that he was probably the most important player on the team. It pretty much relays the message that JT was the leader of that team even though he came off the bench.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/archive/v100/2/990121/terry.html

In reply to:

"When I used to come off the bench, I'd come into the game and do whatever was needed, whether it was scoring, or defense or contributing steals," Terry says. "It was just one thing that I had to do, to sacrifice that for the team.
I think if anyone else had been put in that position, it probably would not have worked out as well
, but I credit my smart mentality, being a team player, that really helps."

http://www.dailyemerald.com/archive/v100/2/990203/terry.html

In reply to:

"Certainly, on our national championship team [in 1996-97] he was good enough to be a starter," Olson said, "but the circumstances were such that somebody had to provide us that lift coming off the bench, and
he was very willing to do that.
"

Heck. If it would make the Hawks a better team, he'd be willing to become the Super Sub for the Hawks. That's just his mentality. He doesn't put himself before the team, but everyone knows he's too good to come off the bench.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

While his mental fortitude surely helped, the roadblock impeding Terry's progression into the Wildcats' starting lineup was clear -- starting at small forward was third-team All-American Michael Dickerson. At off-guard was All-American Miles Simon.
And at point guard was Mike Bibby, the 1998 Pac-10 player of the year and the second pick in the NBA Draft after his own All-American campaign.

This left little room for Terry, known mostly for his defensive abilities and not his propensity for scoring.

C'mon now KB, it's right there. Had Terry wanted to play PG, it was not going to happen. There were other articles that stated that as a Freshman and a Sophomore, Terry was slow to pick up the offense.

Rashard Lewis - 7 pts, 1 d-board on 3-6 (1-1 3's) plus 1 steal...

Glenn Robinson - 4 pts, 2 d-boards on 2-5 shooting (0-1 3's), and 2 to's...replaced by Dan Dickau...

when you're getting replaced by DD, things are NOT going smoothly...GRob can't guard the more athletic guys like Lewis. He'll get his points...and end up giving up a few more than he can "produce" (or should I say force)

• Premium Member

http://wildcat.arizona.edu//papers/89/108/07_2_m.html

In reply to:

After some initial success - three assists in the season opener against Long Beach State, seven points versus Montana in early December - Terry fell off the map and to the end of the bench.

Olson said it was all very simple -
Terry wasn't serious enough. Olson felt Terry was not giving his basketball job the kind of attention and concentration it required when he was in practice. Until that happened, Terry would not receive playing time.

In the 10 games in the month and a half following the Montana game, Terry's numbers reflected his situation. Six points, four rebounds, three assists - that wasn't his average, but his totals. He had his warm-ups on so much, people forgot about his knee-high socks.

Then about five weeks ago, according to UA assistant coach Jim Rosborough, who specializes in working with the Wildcats' perimeter players, Terry "started getting a clue."

"Coach Olson told me I needed to take a more serious approach to everything - my studies and my game," Terry said.

What does Terry's early struggles as a freshman have to do with whether or not he started at PG the following year? Bibby wasn't even on the roster then. The article makes it CLEAR that Terry improved in EVERY area Olsen wanted him to and in fact, he got better in areas Olsen never envisioned that he would. The point of the article was that Olsen told Terry that her needed to work harder and get better and he did. Coming into the following year, none of the issues that the article referenced regarding JT's early struggles existed. Talk about taking things out of context! Posting stuff like this as evidence that this is why Olsen started Bibby over Terry makes you lose credibility.